+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR to COPR timeline

shreya192

Jan 15, 2020
Hi I got married on 1st Dec and received Ready fo Visa/Passport request on 19th December. As I was busy with wedding related activities, I could not send the update regarding marital status change immediately after the wedding. So I updated the information on 26th Dec 2019 and waited for reply regarding instructions. Since we need to submit the passport within 30 days of receiving the passport request email and since I did not receive any email on next steps, I submitted my passport through VFS on 30th Dec 2019 (status changed to "under processing at IRCC in New Delhi" on 2nd Jan 2019). However, on 2nd Jan I received an email from DelhiIMMIGRATION stating that I should not submit my passport at this stage and wait for further instructions. Given that I had already submitted my passport, I thought that IRCC would simply return my passport. It has been 14 calendar days since submission and I do not know if I will be granted the visa this time and when I would receive my passport. VFS Global mentions that they take 7-10 calendar days, but it has already been 2 weeks.

Anyone with similar situation and can share their experience?

19 Dec- Received ppt request
26 Dec - updated marital status through webform
30 Dec - Submitted ppt
2 Jan 2020 - Received email from delhi immigration that I should not submit my ppt
2 Jan 2020 - VFS update "under processing with IRCC High commission of Canada New Delhi"
15 Jan 2020 - No update to status and ppt not despatched yet

mr1989

Dec 23, 2019
Hi I got married on 1st Dec and received Ready fo Visa/Passport request on 19th December. As I was busy with wedding related activities, I could not send the update regarding marital status change immediately after the wedding. So I updated the information on 26th Dec 2019 and waited for reply regarding instructions. Since we need to submit the passport within 30 days of receiving the passport request email and since I did not receive any email on next steps, I submitted my passport through VFS on 30th Dec 2019 (status changed to "under processing at IRCC in New Delhi" on 2nd Jan 2019). However, on 2nd Jan I received an email from DelhiIMMIGRATION stating that I should not submit my passport at this stage and wait for further instructions. Given that I had already submitted my passport, I thought that IRCC would simply return my passport. It has been 14 calendar days since submission and I do not know if I will be granted the visa this time and when I would receive my passport. VFS Global mentions that they take 7-10 calendar days, but it has already been 2 weeks.

Anyone with similar situation and can share their experience?

19 Dec- Received ppt request
26 Dec - updated marital status through webform
30 Dec - Submitted ppt
2 Jan 2020 - Received email from delhi immigration that I should not submit my ppt
2 Jan 2020 - VFS update "under processing with IRCC High commission of Canada New Delhi"
15 Jan 2020 - No update to status and ppt not despatched yet

One of my friend was in a similar situation he got back the passport with temporary visa but also got instructions to get the visa canceled ( which would include some charges) and then resubmit the passport with all the required documents for his newly wedded wife. At the moment he has uploaded all the documents and submitted both the passports again to VFS Delhi.

I am not sure if they will also guide you in the same way but just wanted to share the experience hope it helps.

mr1989

Dec 23, 2019
Anyone who has submitted the passport to Delhi VFS in the month of December 2019 and got the COPR as well ? I have submitted on 27th but still showing "Under Processing".

shreya192

Jan 15, 2020
One of my friend was in a similar situation he got back the passport with temporary visa but also got instructions to get the visa canceled ( which would include some charges) and then resubmit the passport with all the required documents for his newly wedded wife. At the moment he has uploaded all the documents and submitted both the passports again to VFS Delhi.

I am not sure if they will also guide you in the same way but just wanted to share the experience hope it helps.
Thanks! However, I do not need to sponsor my spouse for visa. He is currently in the PR process independently.
Also, I submitted my passport on 30 Dec and status is still under processing - it has been 2 weeks. I read on some forums that currently cic is taking ~3 weeks for visa stamping (including ppt delivery).

Ramya05

Jan 14, 2020
I have submitt

I also submitted my passport on the same day at banglore vfs. Till now no update. Any update for you?
I got an email as below

Your processed decision envelope has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, on 2020-01-16 08:21:51 AM GMT Standard Time to the Canada Visa Application Centre in CVO-NEW DELHI. Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

But no where it is updated that my PR is approved/confirmed yet. I'll have to wait and see.. Fingers crossed!!

Zyrah

Jan 14, 2020
I got an email as below

Your processed decision envelope has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, on 2020-01-16 08:21:51 AM GMT Standard Time to the Canada Visa Application Centre in CVO-NEW DELHI. Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

But no where it is updated that my PR is approved/confirmed yet. I'll have to wait
I got an email as below

But no where it is updated that my PR is approved/confirmed yet. I'll have to wait and see.. Fingers crossed!!
Received the same few minutes ago. But no updation in profile.

shreya192

Jan 15, 2020
Received the same few minutes ago. But no updation in profile.

Thats great you guys! Congrats - atleast the passports are despatched. I'm sure the visa would be in there!

I submitted mine on 30th Dec, this gives me a ray of hope to receive the message soon! Thanks.

sid287

Nov 3, 2019
Thats great you guys! Congrats - atleast the passports are despatched. I'm sure the visa would be in there!

I submitted mine on 30th Dec, this gives me a ray of hope to receive the message soon! Thanks.
The opposite happened for me. My application shows approved along with counterfoil document number since yesterday but no updates from vfs global yet. Submitted passport on 30th dec

mr1989

Dec 23, 2019

I have just received a mail that my passport has been dispatched from IRCC to CVO-Delhi.

Ramya05

Jan 14, 2020
The opposite happened for me. My application shows approved along with counterfoil document number since yesterday but no updates from vfs global yet. Submitted passport on 30th dec
I collected the Passport and COPR from Bengaluru VFS today. I haven't submitted my husband's passport yet as he is traveling. Will do it on 27th Jan. I hope the portal will get updated once that is done..

Zyrah

Jan 14, 2020
I received my passport today. It was couriered to my nearest address.
After getting email from vfs that my passport received at NDVO, it took 20 days to despatch passport from NDVO.
Be patient everyone and wish you all best of luck.

shreya192

Jan 15, 2020
Hey i got the same update today! Counterfoil doc valid and application approved. No despatch msg yet. Any update for you? I had submitted on 30th dec as well.
Thanks!