Med's Done....
4-12-2012
Passport Req..
31-1-2013
VISA ISSUED...
1-3-2013
LANDED..........
3-3-2013
I finally got my passport request today :)
They asked to pay Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) on-line and "email" the payment receipt to them! Did anyone do this ?

Also, they said to mail them passport and Biodata form (to indicate hight an eye colour), but no photo to Ottawa! I thought they always need photo at this step, don't they?

I appreciate if any one can help me with these 2 questions?!

Thanks

cn_nikki

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-06-2012
Med's Request
08-05-2013
Med's Done....
12-05-2013
Passport Req..
15-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2013
LANDED..........
03-08-2013
After how long u got the request ?

chatdips

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
Golnaz said:
They asked to pay Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) on-line and "email" the payment receipt to them! Did anyone do this ?

Also, they said to mail them passport and Biodata form (to indicate hight an eye colour), but no photo to Ottawa! I thought they always need photo at this step, don't they?

Thanks

Can you paste the PPR email that you received?

Golnaz

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
Doc's Request.
1-12-2012 (PCC requested)
AOR Received.
19-06-2012
Med's Request
3-12-2012
Med's Done....
4-12-2012
Passport Req..
31-1-2013
VISA ISSUED...
1-3-2013
LANDED..........
3-3-2013
cn_nikki said:
After how long u got the request ?
I did MR on Dec 4, got confirmed that they received on Dec 27 (via email) and my ECAS status updated to MR received on Jan 21,2013!

Golnaz

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
19-06-2012
Med's Request
3-12-2012
Med's Done....
4-12-2012
Passport Req..
31-1-2013
VISA ISSUED...
1-3-2013
LANDED..........
3-3-2013
chatdips said:
Can you paste the PPR email that you received?
This is the email:

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete.

PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED AT THE CASE PROCESSING PILOT-OTTAWA (“CPP-O”).

Has your family composition changed since our last correspondence?

· Have you married or divorced?

· Have you given birth or adopted a child?

· Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?

· Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?

If any of these conditions apply, you must inform CPP-O immediately.

You will be asked to submit evidence such as a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate or a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to take place. Any new spouse and/or children must be added to your application and be found admissible to Canada before your case is finalized. Failure to declare additional dependants such as a spouse or children before you become a permanent resident could result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa. Once your file is closed, you would be required to submit a new application and pay new processing fees. Any new application would be assessed under the Act and Regulations in force at the time of its submission.

If none of these conditions applies to you, you may proceed below.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

Every principal applicant and his/her accompanying spouse/common law partner are required to pay a Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) in the amount of 490 Canadian dollars. The RPRF is a separate fee that must be paid in addition to the processing fees that you have already paid.

Your visas cannot be issued until you have paid the RPRF for [1] persons. Please follow the attached instructions and email your payment receipt to CPPO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca . These fees are refundable if for any reason you do not obtain permanent residence in Canada.

Passport(s)

We require a VALID passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together. There must be at least one blank visa page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport there must be blank visa pages for them as well.

Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must obtain an ordinary passport.

Height and Eye Colour

We require confirmation of this information for yourself and each accompanying family member. Please complete the attached form “Biodata” and return it to us.

How to Send your Documents to the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (CPP-O)

Please submit all documents by MAIL in a single package. Please quote your application number on your correspondence and send the package to one of the following addresses:

Canada Post:

CPP – Ottawa

PO Box 9780

Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Courier:

CPP – Ottawa

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

If you have a mailing address in Canada: To allow you to track your passports through the mail, we strongly recommend that you purchase two (2) PREPAID Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (National), letter-sized (318 x 241 mm), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

- Complete the mailing label on one envelope showing your mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

- Keep a tracking number sticker from each envelope.

- Fold and enclose the self-addressed envelope in the other envelope along with your passport(s) and a copy of this request letter.

We will not use registered mail or postage coupons. If you do not submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope or if you provide an envelope from any other courier, we will return your passport by regular mail.

CPP-Ottawa accepts no responsibility for any passport lost in the mail.

The requested information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

Final Note

The issuance of your visa(s) cannot be delayed so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) and pay the RPRF as soon as possible. An expiration date (dd/mm/yy) will be indicated on your visa and/or on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR – IMM 5688), and you must obtain permanent residence on or before that date. The visas and CoPR cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after your permanent residence is granted, please consult the CIC website regarding your obligations to retain your status in Canada.

Sincerely,

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Golnaz said:

New year, new procedures.

When I applied, we only submitted 4 photos with the application, and 2 later. Now you submit 6 with the initial application.

Thanks for posting the info. I think if you wondering if it's legitimate, I'm sure it is, and you just need to follow the instructions.

PAULPAYA

Star Member
Mar 4, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2012
AOR Received.
15-06-2012
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
File Transfer...
19-04-2012
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
03-07-2013
Golnaz said:
This is the email:

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete.

PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED AT THE CASE PROCESSING PILOT-OTTAWA (“CPP-O”).

Has your family composition changed since our last correspondence?

· Have you married or divorced?

· Have you given birth or adopted a child?

· Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?

· Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?

If any of these conditions apply, you must inform CPP-O immediately.

You will be asked to submit evidence such as a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate or a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to take place. Any new spouse and/or children must be added to your application and be found admissible to Canada before your case is finalized. Failure to declare additional dependants such as a spouse or children before you become a permanent resident could result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa. Once your file is closed, you would be required to submit a new application and pay new processing fees. Any new application would be assessed under the Act and Regulations in force at the time of its submission.

If none of these conditions applies to you, you may proceed below.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

Every principal applicant and his/her accompanying spouse/common law partner are required to pay a Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) in the amount of 490 Canadian dollars. The RPRF is a separate fee that must be paid in addition to the processing fees that you have already paid.

Your visas cannot be issued until you have paid the RPRF for [1] persons. Please follow the attached instructions and email your payment receipt to CPPO-Cost-Recovery @ cic.gc.ca . These fees are refundable if for any reason you do not obtain permanent residence in Canada.

Passport(s)

We require a VALID passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together. There must be at least one blank visa page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport there must be blank visa pages for them as well.

Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must obtain an ordinary passport.

Height and Eye Colour

We require confirmation of this information for yourself and each accompanying family member. Please complete the attached form “Biodata” and return it to us.

How to Send your Documents to the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (CPP-O)

Please submit all documents by MAIL in a single package. Please quote your application number on your correspondence and send the package to one of the following addresses:

Canada Post:

CPP – Ottawa

PO Box 9780

Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Courier:

CPP – Ottawa

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

If you have a mailing address in Canada: To allow you to track your passports through the mail, we strongly recommend that you purchase two (2) PREPAID Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (National), letter-sized (318 x 241 mm), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

- Complete the mailing label on one envelope showing your mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

- Keep a tracking number sticker from each envelope.

- Fold and enclose the self-addressed envelope in the other envelope along with your passport(s) and a copy of this request letter.

We will not use registered mail or postage coupons. If you do not submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope or if you provide an envelope from any other courier, we will return your passport by regular mail.

CPP-Ottawa accepts no responsibility for any passport lost in the mail.

The requested information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

Final Note

The issuance of your visa(s) cannot be delayed so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) and pay the RPRF as soon as possible. An expiration date (dd/mm/yy) will be indicated on your visa and/or on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR – IMM 5688), and you must obtain permanent residence on or before that date. The visas and CoPR cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after your permanent residence is granted, please consult the CIC website regarding your obligations to retain your status in Canada.

Sincerely,
This is an EXCELLENT referrence to follow indeed ...
Though if my country is from one of the visa waive countries, I supposed we will send passport copies only ... ?! (Or can someone advised?!)

2ndly, regarding to BioData form, can we complete by ourselves or has to be performed in clinic?!
I assume we can just copy the data from our Driver License eh~ ?!

Thank you whole bunches ...

:D

Golnaz

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
19-06-2012
Med's Request
3-12-2012
Med's Done....
4-12-2012
Passport Req..
31-1-2013
VISA ISSUED...
1-3-2013
LANDED..........
3-3-2013
PAULPAYA said:
This is an EXCELLENT referrence to follow indeed ...
Though if my country is from one of the visa waive countries, I supposed we will send passport copies only ... ?! (Or can someone advised?!)

2ndly, regarding to BioData form, can we complete by ourselves or has to be performed in clinic?!
I assume we can just copy the data from our Driver License eh~ ?!

Thank you whole bunches ...

I don't know the answer to the first question, however regarding BioData form, you only need to type your name, hight, eye color and application #. I tried to be consistence with my application info (in one of those form that has to be filled it asked for those info)

I mailed my stuff today, will keep you update ;)

PAULPAYA

Star Member
Mar 4, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2012
AOR Received.
15-06-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19-04-2012
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
03-07-2013
Golnaz said:
I don't know the answer to the first question, however regarding BioData form, you only need to type your name, hight, eye color and application #. I tried to be consistence with my application info (in one of those form that has to be filled it asked for those info)

Appreciated ... !!!

;D

PAULPAYA

Star Member
Mar 4, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2012
AOR Received.
15-06-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19-04-2012
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
03-07-2013
Have found insight in earlier post regarding to Passport Request Requiremen:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t101212.0.html

Also, Operational Bulletin 348 - December 1, 2011 on CIC official website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob348a.asp

Elimination of Counterfoils for Approved Permanent Residence Applicants from Visa-Exempt Countries:

Summary

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will no longer issue a counterfoil to applicants approved for permanent residence from visa-exempt countries. All approved applicants will continue to be issued a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document.

An Example from CEC2011 applicants of his PPR:

"Perhaps it's because my country of origin is the USA. Here is part of the email I got from CIC when they wanted my passport:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in a position to finalise your application.

Within the next 90 days please submit your passport(s) or a photocopy of all passport pages for you and your accompanying family members.

We also require two (2) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member.

The issuance of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) or passport photocopies as requested. You must submit these items by mail. We recommend that you submit a prepaid envelope for the return of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s) and passport(s). Please refer to our mailing instructions for further information."

I hope this will solve some puzzles for persons like me whether or not I should send in my passport to Ottawa once PPR is received.

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

I got PPR couple days ago and they did ask me for photos, I am from a non-exempt visa country though.

canadain

Jan 29, 2012
Golnaz said:

Hi Golnaz,

I got PPR as well...They didn't ask for any photos and pay the RPRF fees online...So did you also paid online and e-mail the payment as well?...

So to mailing the documents, do you send your passport and the biodata form only right?...Thanks and appreciate your help.

Golnaz

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
19-06-2012
Med's Request
3-12-2012
Med's Done....
4-12-2012
Passport Req..
31-1-2013
VISA ISSUED...
1-3-2013
LANDED..........
3-3-2013
canadain said:
Hi Golnaz,

I got PPR as well...They didn't ask for any photos and pay the RPRF fees online...So did you also paid online and e-mail the payment as well?...

So to mailing the documents, do you send your passport and the biodata form only right?...Thanks and appreciate your help.
Congrats :)
Yes I saw the email that you posted on April's thread :D It's same as mine!
I paid online, printed the receipt, filled it up, scanned it and emailed it to them.
I sent them my passport, biodata form, and the copy of their email. Also I add a note that I already emailed them the receipt! Also a prepaid xpresspost envelope !

Best of luck :)

canadain

Jan 29, 2012
Hi Golnaz,

I am going to send my early this week. i should purchase 2 of the PREPAID Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (National), letter-sized (318 x 241 mm), right?...For the second return mail envelope, did you fold it and send it together with your other documents?.

The e-mail says to fold the return mail and i was thinking if folding might destroy my return mail envelope or if i should purchase a smaller size return mail. Let me know what you did...Appreciate your help. My e-cas changed to decision made. How about yours?. Thank You

Golnaz said:
Congrats :)
Yes I saw the email that you posted on April's thread :D It's same as mine!
I paid online, printed the receipt, filled it up, scanned it and emailed it to them.
I sent them my passport, biodata form, and the copy of their email. Also I add a note that I already emailed them the receipt! Also a prepaid xpresspost envelope !

Best of luck :)

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadain said:
Hi Golnaz,

I am going to send my early this week. i should purchase 2 of the PREPAID Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (National), letter-sized (318 x 241 mm), right?...For the second return mail envelope, did you fold it and send it together with your other documents?.

The e-mail says to fold the return mail and i was thinking if folding might destroy my return mail envelope or if i should purchase a smaller size return mail. Let me know what you did...Appreciate your help. My e-cas changed to decision made. How about yours?. Thank You
You fold the second envelope and put it in the main envelope with your documents. Don't worry it won't destroy it, it is kind of flexible :)