+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR received - Living in Egypt

sselim

Jul 30, 2015
Hello all,

I received PPR on the 14th of October. The email received advised that for those residing outside Canada or the United States, an email should be sent in order for them to make the arrangements for me to issue the documents at a local visa office.

I live in Cairo, Egypt and I emailed them on the same day, yet I haven’t received any reply.

Has anyone faced a similar situation?

Please advise.

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
sselim said:
Hello all,
I received PPR on the 14th of October. The email received advised that for those residing outside Canada or the United States, an email should be sent in order for them to make the arrangements for me to issue the documents at a local visa office.
I live in Cairo, Egypt and I emailed them on the same day, yet I haven’t received any reply.
Please advise.
Congrats!! I know someone in Belgium who had a similar situation and actually ended up getting two separate PPR's! He sorted it out in the end and he landed a few weeks ago in Canada. I'll ask him to respond to you directly.
Would you please share your timeline?
Thanks

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
sselim said:
Hello all,

Please advise.
Wait for some more days

sselim

Jul 30, 2015
tomneversfield said:
Congrats!! I know someone in Belgium who had a similar situation and actually ended up getting two separate PPR's! He sorted it out in the end and he landed a few weeks ago in Canada. I'll ask him to respond to you directly.
Would you please share your timeline?
Thanks
Hi Tom, thanks for your reply. Here is my timeline:
27 March: ITA Received
18 May: Submitting my documents
3 June: CIC notification that my application has been cancelled
4 June: Sending a case specific enquiry
30 July: Reopening of Application
14 October: PPR

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sselim said:
Hello all,

Please advise.
They're known to take some time to respond to these emails. There has been several people who were in your shoes. Don't worry - they'll respond and inform you of your new visa office.

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
send it by fax as well.. in a different thread someone mentioned the response was much faster using fax service

Waleed Mostafa

Feb 18, 2013
Hello I am from Egypt too. I received my passport with visa 3 weeks ago.
Don't wait for a new ppr directed to Cairo office. Print the current ppr and send it with your passport , photos,....etc to Canadian embassy in Cairo- visa section via Dhl. If you want to confirm that call Canadian embassy at Cairo .
Best of luck

sselim

Jul 30, 2015
Waleed Mostafa said:
Hello I am from Egypt too. I received my passport with visa 3 weeks ago.
Don't wait for a new ppr directed to Cairo office. Print the current ppr and send it with your passport , photos,....etc to Canadian embassy in Cairo- visa section via Dhl. If you want to confirm that call Canadian embassy at Cairo .
Best of luck
Hi Waleed,
Congrats on receiving your PR :)
Thanks for the tip. I am thinking of delivering the requested documents to the Canadian Embassy in person to avoid any further delays.