+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR in 2016 ~~ Let's connect here

Virab555

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Another question for those who are planning to move with family. We all realize that settlement, especially finding housing is a stressful process, and personally I would like to undergo it without my family facing it all. I'm planning to arrive, find housing, solve all technical issues and then invite my family. But somewhere I read that if you received visa with your family, it would be better to arrive altogether, otherwise officers at the border may suspect that you misrepresented something. What are your ideas?

me2canada

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
1112 Financial Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12 March 2016
Med's Done....
passed 15 March
Passport Req..
07-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting :)
LANDED..........
waiting :)
Hi All,

Please read the below link on one of the tips to find jobs. This could click for some of us. Let us try in all ways possible and share in this thread. Never know something that we do might land us a good job.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updating-linkedin-will-help-you-get-a-job-before-landing-t391460.0.html

Also, most of us haven't used any consultants to get our PR. But Y Axis has some resume marketing service too , just FYI.

There are some people who tried cold calling.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-expedite-job-hunt-process-t271460.0.html

Read aravindkumarh reply.

Please share if you have any inputs for job search. Thanks

info4sourav

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Hello everyone.

My wife and I ,plan to land in the second half October (this year). It would be a short landing and we intend to return by the first week of November.

I have some questions with respect to the above.

1) Considering we are doing a short landing,will there be any problem at the landing airport regarding the return air tickets that we would have? I can request my agent to give me separate print outs for my onward and return journeys, but does this create any problem, in general?

2) As we will have to return without getting the PR card in hand, I guess we have to request a travel document from the immigration department. What's the process for getting the same and how long does it take to get it?

3) We are planning to spend atleast 7-8 working days at Canada. Will that be sufficient to complete the basic formalities like applying for PR card, getting SIN no etc?

4) How much fund do we need to carry while landing, if we are a family of 2? what proof of fund do we need to show to the authority at the airport (as in form of Traveller's cheque or so)?

5) Do we need to also the fund proof documents that we had shown while applying for Express entry (after ITA)?

Regards,

Sourav

VNC007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
19-03-2016
AOR Received.
16-03-2016
Passport Req..
12 Oct 2016
My take on this, Please find my comments inline

info4sourav said:
Hello everyone.

My wife and I ,plan to land in the second half October (this year). It would be a short landing and we intend to return by the first week of November.

I have some questions with respect to the above.

1) Considering we are doing a short landing,will there be any problem at the landing airport regarding the return air tickets that we would have? I can request my agent to give me separate print outs for my onward and return journeys, but does this create any problem, in general?
That's ok, they are aware that many people do a short landing and then later bring their stuff etc, It is very common practise

2) As we will have to return without getting the PR card in hand, I guess we have to request a travel document from the immigration department. What's the process for getting the same and how long does it take to get it?
To apply for SIN no & PR Card, you need a Canadian address, You can give your friend's/ relative's who can later hand over/ courier you the Card etc if you wish or else you can apply for PRTD also in your home country

3) We are planning to spend atleast 7-8 working days at Canada. Will that be sufficient to complete the basic formalities like applying for PR card, getting SIN no etc?
SIN No & PR card you can apply at airport only if your flight lands in business hours or else you can do the same at Service office near your hotel/ home.

4) How much fund do we need to carry while landing, if we are a family of 2? what proof of fund do we need to show to the authority at the airport (as in form of Traveller's cheque or so)?
You need to carry as much you require for your trip, they generally need to take note if you are carrying currency above allowable limit, you need to declare that. you can show your bank statement etc if they ask you for POF etc

5) Do we need to also the fund proof documents that we had shown while applying for Express entry (after ITA)?
They will be old, you can carry latest ones, no issue if there has beens one change in them. as you are going for a short trip .

Regards,

Sourav

sabretooth1986

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/3/2016
Doc's Request.
9/3/2016
AOR Received.
10/3/2016
Med's Done....
12/3/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
VISA ISSUED...
24/09/2106
Virab555 said:
Another question for those who are planning to move with family. We all realize that settlement, especially finding housing is a stressful process, and personally I would like to undergo it without my family facing it all. I'm planning to arrive, find housing, solve all technical issues and then invite my family. But somewhere I read that if you received visa with your family, it would be better to arrive altogether, otherwise officers at the border may suspect that you misrepresented something. What are your ideas?
Even I had the same query
Any one care to shed some light on this?

As far as I know, there is no restriction on separate landings.
Even I m planning on doing the same. Contacted my attorney reg this. Waiting for his reply.

info4sourav

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
VNC007 said:
My take on this, Please find my comments inline
Thanks a lot for the valuable advice.

Regarding the Travel document, do we need to apply for it just after landing in Canada? how much time does it normally take, any idea about it?

Also, how much fund do we need to carry (required to be shown at landing airport) and what kind of proof do we need to show against them?

Regards.

VNC007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
19-03-2016
AOR Received.
16-03-2016
Passport Req..
12 Oct 2016
Principal applicant can do landing before but other applicants can not do landing before PA, also there will be no issues in case of other applicants doing landing after PA and without PA , they just need to inform that PA is already in Canada, they must know your address and phone no. They will not be asked for any POF etc but just for the sake of it they can carry your Canadian Bank statement etc, they must carry their original COPR, one spare Photo for PR card, Passport with Visa stamp for each one of applicant. They will have to apply for their SIN no at airport or later at city office.

also they will required to declare any dutiable goods etc which for every traveller travelling to any country .

sabretooth1986 said:
Even I had the same query
Any one care to shed some light on this?

As far as I know, there is no restriction on separate landings.
Even I m planning on doing the same. Contacted my attorney reg this. Waiting for his reply.

Virab555

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
VNC007 said:
Principal applicant can do landing before but other applicants can not do landing before PA, also there will be no issues in case of other applicants doing landing after PA and without PA , they just need to inform that PA is already in Canada, they must know your address and phone no. They will not be asked for any POF etc but just for the sake of it they can carry your Canadian Bank statement etc, they must carry their original COPR, one spare Photo for PR card, Passport with Visa stamp for each one of applicant. They will have to apply for their SIN no at airport or later at city office.

also they will required to declare any dutiable goods etc which for every traveller travelling to any country .
Thanks for this

DOD

Feb 24, 2016
Do we need to carry photos?

My friend did her landing at YVR airport, she was not asked for any photographs. She was asked:
  • whether she has been arrested?
  • whether she has any dependents
  • whether she has been denied entry into Canada previously

They used the same photographs, which she had sent with her PPR, for her PR card.

VNC007 said:

MSiBAT

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-07-2016
AOR Received.
27-07-2016
Med's Request
19-7-2016 (Done)
Med's Done....
31-8-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2017
LANDED..........
24-04-2017
me2canada said:
Hi All,

Please read the below link on one of the tips to find jobs. This could click for some of us. Let us try in all ways possible and share in this thread. Never know something that we do might land us a good job.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updating-linkedin-will-help-you-get-a-job-before-landing-t391460.0.html

Also, most of us haven't used any consultants to get our PR. But Y Axis has some resume marketing service too , just FYI.

There are some people who tried cold calling.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-expedite-job-hunt-process-t271460.0.html

Read aravindkumarh reply.

Please share if you have any inputs for job search. Thanks
Useful links. Thanks for sharing. +1

thoma

Dec 3, 2014
Kozhikode
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello Everyone

Just received PR after OINP nomination.
Can somebody help me regrading the best time to land in Toronto from October 2016??
I am just curious about the climate..

sabretooth1986

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/3/2016
Doc's Request.
9/3/2016
AOR Received.
10/3/2016
Med's Done....
12/3/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
VISA ISSUED...
24/09/2106
thoma said:
Hello Everyone

Just received PR after OINP nomination.
Can somebody help me regrading the best time to land in Toronto from October 2016??
I am just curious about the climate..
As I heard on the forum and some WHATSAPP group discussions, March seems to be the best time to land.
Climate is temperate to warm..
Nov to Feb is harsh n cold.

thoma

Dec 3, 2014
Kozhikode
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sabretooth1986 said:
As I heard on the forum and some WHATSAPP group discussions, March seems to be the best time to land.
Climate is temperate to warm..
Nov to Feb is harsh n cold.
Thanks man.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
See responses in blue...

info4sourav said:
Thanks a lot for the valuable advice.

Regarding the Travel document, do we need to apply for it just after landing in Canada? how much time does it normally take, any idea about it?
No. Travel Document is applied for outside Canada. It takes 8-10 days generally, but sometimes is quicker.

Also, how much fund do we need to carry (required to be shown at landing airport) and what kind of proof do we need to show against them?
Carry as much as you will need. There is no requirement to show it to anyone, but if it is over CAD 10,000 then you need to declare it on th ecustoms declaration card. This is per family (up to 4 persons).

Regards.
Though proof of funds is generally not asked, carry recent bank statements just in case they ever ask you to.

As part of the landing process, you will be asked for an address to mail the PR cards. You can give an address of a friend or a relative. It has to be a resedential address and not an office or a hotel. There is no need to volunteer information to IO about your short stay. They will not even ask for it. Once the PR cards are mailed to the address you have provided, a friend or relative can end them to you.

Many say that it is illegal to mail the cards out of Canada, but I have not seen this in writing on any government card.