+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

mlcanada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
I wonder. Are people who live in US different than people from other parts of the world? How is it that over the past few days only people from US have been receiving PPR? Whats the difference for Canadian authorities?
I stay in USA and still waiting for CoPR for last 11 months. Happy ?
There is no preference shown by IRCC to USA over "other parts of the world". Although there is one clear geographical advantage , instead of airplane - people living in the most parts of USA - can simply use car to get into Canada - thus substantially low COVID risk due to low social contact during travel - simple to understand ?

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Hi everyone,

I have a question about PPR & COPR?
How does IRCC send these two (i.e by email, mail, or GC Key)? And who do they send it to (the PA or the Sponsor)?

I have sponsored my spouse and I am also the representative on their sponsorship application. So when the IRCC issued BIL and medical exam request, the address on those two documents was my address (the sponsor/ representative) also on the medical exam request on the last page the email id was also mine (the sponsor/ representative). So now my question is that if the who will get the PPR and COPR? And can it be an issue when the PPR or COPR is issued?

Shoild the PA remove me from being their representative?

Please help!

Thanks!

mathsquanta

Nov 14, 2020
I stay in USA and still waiting for CoPR for last 11 months. Happy ?
There is no preference shown by IRCC to USA over "other parts of the world". Although there is one clear geographical advantage , instead of airplane - people living in the most parts of USA - can simply use car to get into Canada - thus substantially low COVID risk due to low social contact during travel - simple to understand ?
LOL. They have no idea. Some of us have been waiting for 18 months, still in the USA. Mine is with Montreal VO.

Reactions: mlcanada

mathsquanta

Nov 14, 2020
Thanks. I didn't know it shows something before the PPR email is actually sent!
Did you check your spam folder for the email?
Can you help me on how ECAS works? I tried logging in with my Application number and other details and it wouldn't let me log in.

sgrv

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
I logged onto this forum after a really long time. It's been two years since I applied, FSW India. The wait used to be exhausting, but I barely think about it these days. I don't really think they'll ever pick up my file. The last update was in January 2019, lol. Whatever.

I just wanted to say that I hope others who are waiting receive their PPRs soon!

• Wow
Reactions: nns14 and Namta1828

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
I logged onto this forum after a really long time. It's been two years since I applied, FSW India. The wait used to be exhausting, but I barely think about it these days. I don't really think they'll ever pick up my file. The last update was in January 2019, lol. Whatever.

I just wanted to say that I hope others who are waiting receive their PPRs soon!
Looks like there are far too many cases like yours people who have been waiting for anything between 12 and 48 months ! Saw an express entry applicant waiting for more than 42 months , people waiting for more than 12 months are numbered in excess of ten thousands if not many more , the backlog is huge.

what are they doing over at IRCC nobody knows and what are they planning to do with FSW Outlands nobody knows either, that's why I've chosen to forget about my EE PR application and start my immigration journey somewhere else.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019

Have you ordered GCMS notes to check?

Sepid_sh

Nov 10, 2020
Looks like there are far too many cases like yours people who have been waiting for anything between 12 and 48 months ! Saw an express entry applicant waiting for more than 42 months , people waiting for more than 12 months are numbered in excess of ten thousands if not many more , the backlog is huge.

what are they doing over at IRCC nobody knows and what are they planning to do with FSW Outlands nobody knows either, that's why I've chosen to forget about my EE PR application and start my immigration journey somewhere else.
Very disappointing! Made me more upset!

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Very disappointing! Made me more upset!
In life, one should hope for the best and prepare for the worst.. .
We all have been waiting long.. definitely some much longer than others..
so here's me hoping we ALL get our PPRs soon enough!

.. and happy Diwali guys..:)

Reactions: Namta1828

pt3

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31 August 2018
File Transfer...
Transferred to New Delhi from Ottawa
Passport Req..
7 November 2020
VISA ISSUED...
02 December 2020
Hey Sgrv,

I applied in Aug 2018 and received my PPR two weeks back from NDVO. I just want to tell you that I had stopped caring too and it happened on its own. Please be assured that they'll pick your file soon enough. :)

AjayKalra

Feb 15, 2019
Thank you ! Hope you get it soon as well

It is extended date of medicals initially I was September 2020. (I got extended 6 months)
Hi Tahhi,

How does one know if medicals have been extended? Is it an update in the application or just in the backend and we have no way to know?

I am in a dillema. I have received my PPR request on 7th November. I am ready to submit the passports. However, my wife's medicals were done last year in November and they expired this month (November 2020). Previously, I had received PPR mail on February 28 2020. I had submitted the passports in VFS but at that time my own medicals were expiring in March and the passports were returned to me for a remedical while the world closed due to covid. I do not want the same process to repeat.

I am not getting replies on Webform and therefore clarifying with others who may be in the similar boat. Do you know if we are supposed to get an update if medicals are auto-extended or they are extended in the backend and we would never know if or when they are extended?