+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

Rowsp

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Hi Tahhi,

How does one know if medicals have been extended? Is it an update in the application or just in the backend and we have no way to know?

I am in a dillema. I have received my PPR request on 7th November. I am ready to submit the passports. However, my wife's medicals were done last year in November and they expired this month (November 2020). Previously, I had received PPR mail on February 28 2020. I had submitted the passports in VFS but at that time my own medicals were expiring in March and the passports were returned to me for a remedical while the world closed due to covid. I do not want the same process to repeat.

I am not getting replies on Webform and therefore clarifying with others who may be in the similar boat. Do you know if we are supposed to get an update if medicals are auto-extended or they are extended in the backend and we would never know if or when they are extended?
Hi, i received the PPR request on 7th Nov though I am still figuring out to submit my passport.
I gave my remedicals recently in Oct. My spouse's medicals expired in Aug and we were expecting a request for remedical though that has not been requested. Additionally we added our newborn too and expecting a request for medicals but it was not requested. I am not sure if medicals were extended.
I dont think they update regarding the dependents.

Anchit1122

Oct 7, 2019

Could anyone share the email-id from which you got the PPR request (especially NDVO)? The reason i am asking is my Gmail inbox is a mess. I wish to track this email address and make sure that i do not miss.

Thank You.
Anchit

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Hi Tahhi,

How does one know if medicals have been extended? Is it an update in the application or just in the backend and we have no way to know?

I am in a dillema. I have received my PPR request on 7th November. I am ready to submit the passports. However, my wife's medicals were done last year in November and they expired this month (November 2020). Previously, I had received PPR mail on February 28 2020. I had submitted the passports in VFS but at that time my own medicals were expiring in March and the passports were returned to me for a remedical while the world closed due to covid. I do not want the same process to repeat.

I am not getting replies on Webform and therefore clarifying with others who may be in the similar boat. Do you know if we are supposed to get an update if medicals are auto-extended or they are extended in the backend and we would never know if or when they are extended?
Dear AjayKarla,

I knew it was extended cause when it changed in my profile, it was medicals approved on Ocrtober 2019, it became Medicals under review, few days later, it changed to Medicals approved September 2020.

So, I calledcIRCC and then they confirmed to me it was extended 6 months (March 7th).
When I got back my passport, the visa was showing exactly the same limit date.

I strongly recommend you to call using TextNOW application to get it confirmed.

Regards.

Last edited:
Reactions: AjayKalra