+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Yes i agree.. but if they dont process applications.. backlogs will just keep piling on..
yes.. it all depends on the pandemic.. hopefully a vaccine will come soon..
True that. Previously PPRs were not being issued I believe due to travel restrictions. But now since they are being issued, I hope further exemptions in travel are on the horizon. As far as the pandemic is concerned, hopefully the new year brings better news.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Good morning,

Just to share the info with you folks...

After PPR I got Oct 19th. I received today passport with COPR valid until March 7th ( expiry of medicals)
Meanwhile, It is clearly mentioned I can not travel until restriction are off, under condition my COPR is still valid.

A new round of wait is starting now ... hope shorter this time.

All the best guys !
Many Congratulations. Did you take your medical test on 7th March Or is it review date of medical by IRCC? They are now issuing PPR /COPR ….hopefully there will be some ease on travel restriction. Good luck.

Reactions: Tahhi

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Many Congratulations. Did you take your medical test on 7th March Or is it review date of medical by IRCC? They are now issuing PPR /COPR ….hopefully there will be some ease on travel restriction. Good luck.
Thank you ! Hope you get it soon as well

It is extended date of medicals initially I was September 2020. (I got extended 6 months)

Reactions: gtcan19

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
Ottawa is being ridiculous now! What is the matter with this VO??!! Are they just refusing to go to work and thats why we have been stuck in like forever??? All the other VOs have shown at least some level of activity!!!! This ia utterly outragous!! They dun even have the descency to at least respond to our emails!!!

Rajputkaushal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-10-2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2020
Ottawa is being ridiculous now! What is the matter with this VO??!! Are they just refusing to go to work and thats why we have been stuck in like forever??? All the other VOs have shown at least some level of activity!!!! This ia utterly outragous!! They dun even have the descency to at least respond to our emails!!!
Exactly true. Not even bothering to reply to our emails, what else kind of work can one expect from Ottawa vo. All this wait and Uncertainty are frustrating . Let's be hopeful that coming weekend will bring good news

Reactions: baarsaam and ArJee

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021

KDM13

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
In that article it mentions Marco Mendicino will be attending the committee. I searched him on google and he is the Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship. On his website his office email is ircc.minister-ministre.ircc@cic.gc.ca

Maybe we can also send in letters to his email explaining our situations and it might help persuade him to change things for us. We need to be heard and maybe this will help pressure to change things.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArJee and gtcan19

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
In that article it mentions Marco Mendicino will be attending the committee. I searched him on google and he is the Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship. On his website his office email is marco.mendicino@parl.gc.ca

Maybe we can also send in letters to his email explaining our situations and it might help persuade him to change things for us. We need to be heard and maybe this will help pressure to change things.
I sent an email to him a few days ago. The email you want is ircc.minister-ministre.ircc@cic.gc.ca
The other one you quoted is for his MP duties.
Definitely worth an email though.

Reactions: KDM13

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
on myimmitracker atleast.. they last issued a PPR on 30th Oct.. that too a single PPR..
imagine! its been 11 days since..

Reactions: baarsaam

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Thanks for that, I updated the email on my original post. I will send an email and encourage anybody else reading this to do so too.
I too have sent a mail. This is the auto-reply (with some links to websites after that):

Thank you for your email addressed to the Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship. Please note that all comments and questions are taken seriously, and although Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) cannot provide a personalized response to every message, we will review and consider all comments received.

Reactions: Wotsit