+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

joksuela

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Hello,
I entered Canada on August 20 2018 and today I received a letter from IRB that my case could be put on expedited and they requested documents and signed reediness certificate. Does anybody know more about this case? Can it be revoked later and given a hearing instead? I am confused how this works.
Thanks
That's pretty fast! Where did you file your claim? Nobody can tell for sure whether your case will continue being considered as expedited or not. I guess it depends on the additional supporting documents you will submit. If your case is straightforward with enough evidence to support it, the judge may reach a final conclusive decision without the need for you to appear for a hearing in person. Good luck!

Jan 10, 2017
Well that's not what said. On the interview I saw.
I watched Prime minister Justin Trudeau saying that Canada has accepted her as refugee. Lucky girl without providing any evidence and story Canada accepted her without even doing background checks she's become new Canadian according to Minister of foreign affairs "She is new Canadian". I think it is bit unfair with refugee claimants who are waiting for their hearings and anyone like this Saudi girl can use social media to ask for help and Canada will give them status within a week without any evidence to prove that she was really in danger.

I don't know how people will look into this issue but for me it is little strange because I know people who registered with UNHCR waiting for resettlement from the years but this girl jump over the queue and get resettled just in a week.

My question is why her case has treated as priority because she is from Saudi Arabia?

Last edited:

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
Unfortunately it's all a big show of politics. Of course this doesn't mean that her life wasn't in danger or that it wasn't proven to be in danger, I have no right to make this assumption. But the fact that Australia said that she will be processed like everyone else and Canada jumped to the rescue to get back at Saudi Arabia is upsetting. Nevertheless, I do wish her all the best and success in Canada. And good luck to everyone who's been waiting and I hope your applications are processed as soon as possible.

Reactions: Imari07

Adamdear

Apr 29, 2018
Hie guys!! So, I attended my hearing today. The judge asked me several questions not directly from my BOC but incidental thereto. From the look of things, she was pretty much convinced my story was true and straight forward. So, after about 30 mins of asking me some questions, mainly to confirm my identity and certain facts she was deriving from my main story, she said let’s take a break. She came back after 15 mins and said,”just so you know where I stand, I am granting your claim”. I couldn’t believe it. I felt like I was dreaming until I pinched myself. Thanks to everyone who is and has been encouraging in this group. I encourage others in the waiting too. Just be true to yourself, I know waiting is no easy road. No condition is permanent.
Just out of curiosity, where are you from?

Lovely-Canada

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
Hie guys!! So, I attended my hearing today. The judge asked me several questions not directly from my BOC but incidental thereto. From the look of things, she was pretty much convinced my story was true and straight forward. So, after about 30 mins of asking me some questions, mainly to confirm my identity and certain facts she was deriving from my main story, she said let’s take a break. She came back after 15 mins and said,”just so you know where I stand, I am granting your claim”. I couldn’t believe it. I felt like I was dreaming until I pinched myself. Thanks to everyone who is and has been encouraging in this group. I encourage others in the waiting too. Just be true to yourself, I know waiting is no easy road. No condition is permanent.
Congratulations

Reactions: Jalalcananda

rafk

Jan 4, 2019
That's pretty fast! Where did you file your claim? Nobody can tell for sure whether your case will continue being considered as expedited or not. I guess it depends on the additional supporting documents you will submit. If your case is straightforward with enough evidence to support it, the judge may reach a final conclusive decision without the need for you to appear for a hearing in person. Good luck!
Toronto

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
I watched Prime minister Justin Trudeau saying that Canada has accepted her as refugee. Lucky girl without providing any evidence and story Canada accepted her without even doing background checks she's become new Canadian according to Minister of foreign affairs "She is new Canadian". I think it is bit unfair with refugee claimants who are waiting for their hearings and anyone like this Saudi girl can use social media to ask for help and Canada will give them status within a week without any evidence to prove that she was really in danger.

I don't know how people will look into this issue but for me it is little strange because I know people who registered with UNHCR waiting for resettlement from the years but this girl jump over the queue and get resettled just in a week.

My question is why her case has treated as priority because she is from Saudi Arabia?
4 sure

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018

That is how it works! Politics, social media and vox populi! If you are seen, you will be mentioned if not you are just invisible.

Reactions: 9990

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
I am following this forum just to see what is new about Samer. He made it and this forum is now so popular and I think all Asylum seekers in Canada have visited it. It is among the first google search results for Canada refugee. We shared our worries, fears, concerns, questions, stories, and hopes here and many people will do it in the future. Thank you, Samer and I wish you announce your acceptance soon.