+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Onetv1

Star Member
May 15, 2018
I am following this forum just to see what is new about Samer. He made it and this forum is now so popular and I think all Asylum seekers in Canada have visited it. It is among the first google search results for Canada refugee. We shared our worries, fears, concerns, questions, stories, and hopes here and many people will do it in the future. Thank you, Samer and I wish you announce your acceptance soon.
We stand for Samer's right :)

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
I watched Prime minister Justin Trudeau saying that Canada has accepted her as refugee. Lucky girl without providing any evidence and story Canada accepted her without even doing background checks she's become new Canadian according to Minister of foreign affairs "She is new Canadian". I think it is bit unfair with refugee claimants who are waiting for their hearings and anyone like this Saudi girl can use social media to ask for help and Canada will give them status within a week without any evidence to prove that she was really in danger.

I don't know how people will look into this issue but for me it is little strange because I know people who registered with UNHCR waiting for resettlement from the years but this girl jump over the queue and get resettled just in a week.

My question is why her case has treated as priority because she is from Saudi Arabia?
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/saudi-teen-who-was-granted-asylum-in-canada-says-she-s-a-lucky-one-1.4253851

Imari07

Jul 11, 2018
I want to know if anyone have heard or went on a waiting list for a early hearing date. I arrived in Canada in August, I filed my claim at the etobicoke off in September which was referred for a hearing. I didn't get at date in September and haven't received one as yet but yesterday my lawyer told me that there is waiting list that we could go on to get an earlier date if any come up. I'm assuming this list is if people who have dates already cancel or withdraw there claim then those date will be available to the people who are on the waiting list. Have anyone heard of this list before?

Jan 10, 2017
That is how it works! Politics, social media and vox populi! If you are seen, you will be mentioned if not you are just invisible.
I don't want to talk about us because our story is different we are already here in Canada (so we considered in safe heaven), I want to talk about people who are fleeing their War-Torn Countries and got recognized as refugees by UNHCR and waiting from years to get resettled and I think they suppose to be placed in first instead of a girl who is fearing from her family. I know I'm not being judgemental but it is true, I have been to Saudi Arabia I know women are live under guardianship and restrictions set by their families and government but here is my question and I'd like all of you to answer it "THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE TO GET THE REFUGEE IS YOU NEED TO SHOW YOUR RISK IS PERSONALIZED NOT GENERALIZED AND IN SAUDI ARABIA EVERY WOMEN FACE SAME RESTRICTIONS AS AL-QUNUN DID" so why she is so special.

rafk

Jan 4, 2019
For all the refugee claimants whose cases have been considered under expedited policy, I am told me to send the IRB documents but I am confused what kind of documents should I send because I can't find anything that I can send them. Can somebody suggest me anything?
Thanks in advance

Um Zainab

May 4, 2018
For all the refugee claimants whose cases have been considered under expedited policy, I am told me to send the IRB documents but I am confused what kind of documents should I send because I can't find anything that I can send them. Can somebody suggest me anything?
Thanks in advance
You need to send them the evidences which support your story before the deadline .

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
I want to know if anyone have heard or went on a waiting list for a early hearing date. I arrived in Canada in August, I filed my claim at the etobicoke off in September which was referred for a hearing. I didn't get at date in September and haven't received one as yet but yesterday my lawyer told me that there is waiting list that we could go on to get an earlier date if any come up. I'm assuming this list is if people who have dates already cancel or withdraw there claim then those date will be available to the people who are on the waiting list. Have anyone heard of this list before?
There is no system to rely on nor hoping for. You may have everything done in a few months or join us for years of waiting. It depends on how lucky you are in Canada basically.

Moe_C

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Hello, i'm not sure about some things and i'ts better to ask here than to start a new thread.

I made a claim on 18 DEC 2018. And did the eligibility interview a few days ago and I was found eligible and they provided me with the refugee document and instructions etc. My only concern is, i moved a lot, since i have no one in Canada, I've been staying from hotel to another. I will be moving to another place in few days what should I do? And generally, how long after the eligibility interview that they send "notice to appear for a hearing via mail?

Edit: A better question, will the IRB send a copy of "Notice to appear" to my lawyer as well? I'm stressing about missing it.

Last edited:

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Hello, i'm not sure about some things and i'ts better to ask here than to start a new thread.

I made a claim on 18 DEC 2018. And did the eligibility interview a few days ago and I was found eligible and they provided me with the refugee document and instructions etc. My only concern is, i moved a lot, since i have no one in Canada, I've been staying from hotel to another. I will be moving to another place in few days what should I do? And generally, how long after the eligibility interview that they send "notice to appear for a hearing via mail?

Edit: A better question, will the IRB send a copy of "Notice to appear" to my lawyer as well? I'm stressing about missing it.
Yes they will send it to your lawyer.

Reactions: Moe_C

joksuela

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018

You can save yourself the stress and register a P.O. Box at your nearest Canada Post office.

Reactions: Moe_C