+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

adarazi

Sep 25, 2018
TODAY guys i fnished from hearing ,and one of the toughest hearing ,it goes around of 2 hours , she asked a lots ,many questions ,many un expected questions , lol no mercy ... after that she told me your lawyer will ask ... after break my lawyer asked me questions , and then she told us she will asked me more questions ...oh my god ... and then she request lawyer to make brief .. after my lawyer tell the story ,she said i will send descion later ... to the experts what does it mean ?

Reactions: Jalalcananda

lucas101

Aug 22, 2018
ORD
TODAY guys i fnished from hearing ,and one of the toughest hearing ,it goes around of 2 hours , she asked a lots ,many questions ,many un expected questions , lol no mercy ... after that she told me your lawyer will ask ... after break my lawyer asked me questions , and then she told us she will asked me more questions ...oh my god ... and then she request lawyer to make brief .. after my lawyer tell the story ,she said i will send descion later ... to the experts what does it mean ?
Whoaaaaa.....! I pray u get a positive notice of decision. What was Ur wait time from the time u came in to Ur hearing

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Hope you will get positive response soon.

Which country are you from?

Also can you please tell us bit more about hearing all the questions were from BOC and narrative?

adarazi

Sep 25, 2018
Sorry guys it was 3 hours now i remebered , it was un expected questions , everything from boc , and also application when you apply for canadian visa , many questions guys .. too taugh ... i applied i. Jan 2018 claim refugee...

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Sorry guys it was 3 hours now i remebered , it was un expected questions , everything from boc , and also application when you apply for canadian visa , many questions guys .. too taugh ... i applied i. Jan 2018 claim refugee...
ok means you got hearing date in 10 months...
and in which province u filed case?

adarazi

Sep 25, 2018
Well guys im from lebanon , and i applied in toronto .. guys question from everything in your life , yes around 11 months ..and when i left the court , no body there just me and security

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
TODAY guys I finished from hearing, and one of the toughest hearing, it goes around of 2 hours, she asked a lots, many questions, many un expected questions , lol no mercy ... after that she told me your lawyer would ask ... after break my lawyer asked me questions, and then she told us she would ask me more questions ...oh my god ... and then she requests lawyer to make brief .. after my lawyer tell the story ,she said I will send decision later ... to the experts what does it mean ?
Good luck man,
Honestly, if they ask questions after the break, it is a bad sign!
That is what my lawyer told me before the hearing and in my hearing, I saw it myself. The judge was very smart and killed me with her questions for 2 hours. Then she said you can have a break for 20 min I think. After the break, she immediately said I made my decision and then she read it for 20 min. It was a lot of pages and covered all the questions and points. I can not believe she wrote it during the break. It has to be prepared beforehand! Also, she did not ask the lawyer to ask questions and do any explanation.
Wish you the best, and I hope you get a positive answer soon.

Reactions: 9990

adarazi

Sep 25, 2018
Good luck man,
That is what my lawyer told me before the hearing and in my hearing, I saw it myself. The judge was very smart and killed me with her questions for 2 hours. Then she said you can have a break for 20 min I think. After the break, she immediately said I made my decision and then she read it for 20 min. It was a lot of pages and covered all the questions and points. I can not believe she wrote it during the break. It has to be prepared beforehand! Also, she did not ask the lawyer to ask questions and do any explanation.
You are talking right , but after the lawyer asked me a questions regarding for missunderstanding for my answers , after i answered , then she told me i have questions ...and the lawyer told me you did good and the translator she said you make good ... the judge asked me again same questions that she did before .. i answered her very well ... after i finished , lawyer he told me you make good

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
You are talking right , but after the lawyer asked me a questions regarding for missunderstanding for my answers , after i answered , then she told me i have questions ...and the lawyer told me you did good and the translator she said you make good ... the judge asked me again same questions that she did before .. i answered her very well ... after i finished , lawyer he told me you make good
Oh, you were interpreted! That is why it was so long! Mine was 2 hours and only in English.
You would be fine.
Good luck

Last edited:

Jan 10, 2017
Good luck man,
What I do understand from experience is if case seems good to judge, they make their decision before the hearing and if everything goes well they just have add some points in the decision which can be done in 15 to 20 mins but if you answered the question of judge which he feels it is contradicting your BOC story then they hold the decision. I can be wrong but I think problem starts when you give one wrong answer which leads to more questions towards you and at the end if you unable to satisfy the judge with the reason of your persecution they'll give negative decision.

John Tom

Oct 2, 2018
Hie guys!! So, I attended my hearing today. The judge asked me several questions not directly from my BOC but incidental thereto. From the look of things, she was pretty much convinced my story was true and straight forward. So, after about 30 mins of asking me some questions, mainly to confirm my identity and certain facts she was deriving from my main story, she said let’s take a break. She came back after 15 mins and said,”just so you know where I stand, I am granting your claim”. I couldn’t believe it. I felt like I was dreaming until I pinched myself. Thanks to everyone who is and has been encouraging in this group. I encourage others in the waiting too. Just be true to yourself, I know waiting is no easy road. No condition is permanent.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hie guys!! So, I attended my hearing today. The judge asked me several questions not directly from my BOC but incidental thereto. From the look of things, she was pretty much convinced my story was true and straight forward. So, after about 30 mins of asking me some questions, mainly to confirm my identity and certain facts she was deriving from my main story, she said let’s take a break. She came back after 15 mins and said,”just so you know where I stand, I am granting your claim”. I couldn’t believe it. I felt like I was dreaming until I pinched myself. Thanks to everyone who is and has been encouraging in this group. I encourage others in the waiting too. Just be true to yourself, I know waiting is no easy road. No condition is permanent.
Congratulations. There are not a large volume of claims from Zambia and the acceptance rate is usually very low.

https://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/statistics/protection/Pages/index.aspx

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There’s a way to get hearing early.
I assume it is by faking a serious psychiatric issue and convincing a doctor to write a letter that you need an earlier hearing for your mental health. As I have posted before, if people send in these notes en masse they will not actually be taken into account. Not sure if they are. even effective at the moment. Lying to get an earlier hearing could also backfire if the IRB tribunal feels like you are lying and manipulating the system to your benefit. Worry and stress do not warrant an earlier hearing. People who may have been hospitalized for things like suicide attempts perhaps should be considered. Please remember that honesty is highly valued in asylum claims. All asylum seekers are worried about their hearings. That is just a normal reaction.