+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Fred216

Dec 3, 2018
Thanks @sherryl89. I have contacted my lawyer, buy shs says I just have to wait. I came here but my family is still back home. They didn't have a visa when I ran away. I'm from Cameroon. My job is seeing if they can help me in anyway that's why they are asking if they offer my wife employment, will that help?

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
If my wife (back at my home country) has a job offer in Canada, will that help speed up any of the processes?
I do not think so! But if she gets a job offer and work visa, then she can come to Canada and be with you. Later when you were accepted, you will apply together for the PR.

sherryl89

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
But considering the fact that he is here already I am thinking that will pose a threat to his wife getting a visa..... @fred how about folks who arrived when u arrived have they called them for hearing. I feel your pain bro.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Board establishes Inventory Reduction Task Force for Less Complex Claims

As part of the Board's ongoing efforts to increase productivity and introduce innovative case management approaches in the Refugee Protection Division (RPD), the Chairperson has recently established an Inventory Reduction Task Force for Less Complex Claims, which will focus on claims that lend themselves to quicker resolution through paper-based or short‑hearing‎ decisions. Focusing on these claims in a dedicated manner over a short period of time will help the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada to further slow the growth of the inventory and wait times as well as manage the inventory efficiently and fairly, while maintaining the quality of our decisions and contributing to overall system integrity.

In support of this initiative, the Board will also be updating its policy guidance associated with strategic caseload management, including the Policy on the Expedited Processing of Refugee Claims by the RPD.

Reactions: 9990

sherryl89

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018

As part of the Board's ongoing efforts to increase productivity and introduce innovative case management approaches in the Refugee Protection Division (RPD), the Chairperson has recently established an Inventory Reduction Task Force for Less Complex Claims, which will focus on claims that lend themselves to quicker resolution through paper-based or short‑hearing‎ decisions. Focusing on these claims in a dedicated manner over a short period of time will help the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada to further slow the growth of the inventory and wait times as well as manage the inventory efficiently and fairly, while maintaining the quality of our decisions and contributing to overall system integrity.

In support of this initiative, the Board will also be updating its policy guidance associated with strategic caseload management, including the Policy on the Expedited Processing of Refugee Claims by the RPD.
yeah..! My lawyer told me about this too and she said its gonna benefit mostly the LGBT claimants and in effect more cases will have room to go through. lets see how far this works.

adarazi

Sep 25, 2018

After 2 days , i have a hearing court ,im so nervous , i prepare my self bery well , i put a lot of questions , i will share my experience after i finished ...hopefully to get acceptance

Reactions: Jalalcananda

sherryl89

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
After 2 days , i have a hearing court ,im so nervous , i prepare my self bery well , i put a lot of questions , i will share my experience after i finished ...hopefully to get acceptance
12/12/2018 I remember and I will sure remember u in my prayers...... I can't wait to read Ur success story....... #Hugs

Jan 10, 2017
You'll get accepted and please don't forget to to share with us your experience.

adarazi

Sep 25, 2018
Ta
12/12/2018 I remember and I will sure remember u in my prayers...... I can't wait to read Ur success story....... #Hugs
. Thanks guys , for sure i will tell you what happen , what is the most important questions , of course evey case are different , but of course i will give you my tips ... i can not descrbe my feeling , but hopefully to get acceptance. Because my story is true

Reactions: 9990

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78, what's the average processing time now.? On the CIC website it states 27months but I keep seeing folks waiting for six, nine, and eight months to get hearing dates. On the other tread where @lucas101 asked @theOtherGuy how long he had to wait to get a hearing date and he responded that he waited "Seven" months and to make it more interesting he is from Nigeria. So I have the understanding that probably because the Nigerians flooded the border so Canada is also expediting their cases to reduce the waiting time Cos I think they were the ones who shot up the time higher @apologies to Nigerian Asylum claimants
27 months is wait time for PR after asylum claim is approved.

SaudiGirl

Nov 21, 2018
Anybody have any idea of the average wait time now? Legal Aid have refused to give me a lawyer which is so ridiculous because they say I’m financially ineligible
They say my case is good and will likely be approved but because I came as student and paid all my fees and all they cannot pay for my lawyer so ideally I can have some time to work and pay for my lawyer

How long do You think will wait now ? Anybody applied from inside Canada recently got a hearing ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Anybody have any idea of the average wait time now? Legal Aid have refused to give me a lawyer which is so ridiculous because they say I’m financially ineligible
They say my case is good and will likely be approved but because I came as student and paid all my fees and all they cannot pay for my lawyer so ideally I can have some time to work and pay for my lawyer

How long do You think will wait now ? Anybody applied from inside Canada recently got a hearing ?
You're warned that could. be the case. Hearings range from 1-2 years on average. Not everyone qualifies for a work permit if you have your own savings. They do seem to have become more lenient due to the long wait time.