+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
I wanna ask you another question that I posted on the forums here but got no reply.
From the date you received your RPCD till you got the positive decision, were you able you check the progress of your case online on IRCC website?
No! You can not check refugee cases online. Online is for other application but NOT refugee applications.

Reactions: joksuela

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
I wasn’t going to say anything but I feel like I should. As frustrating as it is for you waiting for a hearing date, you also have to remember that a lot of people here passed through something similar, having said that your posts have a lot of contempt for a country you hope accepts you as a refugee. You also have to keep in mind that the system truly is backlogged(I hated hearing this but it’s true) that being said if you want to apply to a country with “some justice” you are always free to withdraw your claim and find such country, but I don’t think any other country will show more leniency than Canada has towards refugees.
You think I have this PRIVILEGE and I would spend years of writing in Canada? If I have a half chance I would use it.

Sep 28, 2018
You think I have this PRIVILEGE and I would spend years of writing in Canada? If I have a half chance I would use it.
I’m not going to keep doing this back and forth. There are people who waited five years, five years in Canada to have their claims heard. There are border crossers in the US who have their families separated from them, literally children being locked up, and whose parents aren’t being allowed to file claims in a timely manner, there are countries that aren’t taking in any more refugees because they have reached a maximum capacity like Turkey, there are asylum seekers who are trying to claim asylum in Australia who are currently locked up in Papau New Guinea. There are countries with far right wingers like Germany who hold marches every other week because they are fed up of immigration levels. You are in Canada, you are not locked up, you are allowed to work, you are not being denied healthcare. You are breathing, away from the harm that being in your country poses. You have waited and so have many others(including I). You filed your claim in a province where the asylum seekers are at about 20,000+ but being angry at Canada for not making your refugee process convenient for you is not a reason to stay angry.

mysoul

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
mine 21 days
I am so happy for you. Jalalcananda. Congratulations! Can I ask a few question? how long did you wait? which province are you residing? how many times your case got postponed?. I have arrived on March and have been waiting since then. My hearing was suppose to be on October 1 but got postponed due to operation limitation. I was in Vancouver and moved to Calgary three months ago. I was pregnant when i came to Canada and my son has not seen his dad yet. Would love to hear your prospective on the whole situation. thank you

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
I am so happy for you. Jalalcananda. Congratulations! Can I ask a few question? how long did you wait? which province are you residing? how many times your case got postponed?. I have arrived on March and have been waiting since then. My hearing was suppose to be on October 1 but got postponed due to operation limitation. I was in Vancouver and moved to Calgary three months ago. I was pregnant when i came to Canada and my son has not seen his dad yet. Would love to hear your prospective on the whole situation. thank you
Hello, Congratulation for your baby. So he/she is a Canadian.
I applied in Oct 2017 in Ontario. the first fake hearing was dec 2017 then in July they removed me from expediting then in August another hearing was canceled and finally, I had a hearing end of sep 2018. Totally 11 months.
I feel lucky because many people have to wait longer.
I do not know where are you from but I think at least one-year waiting time is normal. I hope it does not be longer than a year.

joksuela

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Hello, Congratulation for your baby. So he/she is a Canadian.
I applied in Oct 2017 in Ontario. the first fake hearing was dec 2017 then in July they removed me from expediting.
Can you please explain what you meant by "they removed you from expediting"?