+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Shong Lee

Jan 11, 2018
You have been very lucky compared to many other refugees currently in Canada so you don't have much to complain about. @Shong Lee originally mentioned he had an exam in the US not surgery so not sure what is the correct story. When a surgery date was given it was quite easy to tell the doctor you had a conflict and could it be done another day. It is clearly not an emergency. Hard to call Canadian treatment of refugees as half human when the previous discussion is about getting surgery without being accepted as a refugee.
No one in this world can believe that i got thee things on the same day and on the same hour and these three things i have been waiting for months and years... i might be lucky but you can see how lucky I am.. i have already postponed my comprehensive exam but impossiblt to delay the surgery it is serious bro...

thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No one in this world can believe that i got thee things on the same day and on the same hour and these three things i have been waiting for months and years... i might be lucky but you can see how lucky I am.. i have already postponed my comprehensive exam but impossiblt to delay the surgery it is serious bro...

thanks
If it is not been done immediately usually you can push it back a day. It is probably too late to change the date at this point although you could ask if a patient would be able to switch with you if it is a similar surgery in operating time and post op hospital time. Have you called your doctors office or asked when you were given the date?

Shong Lee

Jan 11, 2018
If it is not been done immediately usually you can push it back a day. It is probably too late to change the date at this point although you could ask if a patient would be able to switch with you if it is a similar surgery in operating time and post op hospital time. Have you called your doctors office or asked when you were given the date?
Unfortunatelly I tried all possible and impossible doors, but I got no answer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunatelly I tried all possible and impossible doors, but I got no answer.
No answer is not no. Have you reached your doctor's office? When did you call? Have you gone to their office to speak to the secretary if they haven't returned you call in a week?

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
No answer is not no. Have you reached your doctor's office? When did you call? Have you gone to their office to speak to the secretary if they haven't returned you call in a week?
I think it is a little bit suspicious!;) I know just a very emergency surgery such as Appendix or internal bleeding cannot be postponed.
There are things that we do not know, Exame and surgery and hearing on the same day!!!o_O and no interest in communication with the doctor!o_O
Anyway, Good luck Shong:)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think it is a little bit suspicious!;) I know just a very emergency surgery such as Appendix or internal bleeding cannot be postponed.
There are things that we do not know, Exame and surgery and hearing on the same day!!!o_O and no interest in communication with the doctor!o_O
Anyway, Good luck Shong:)
If you are an IMG you will struggle to practice in Canada. Just warning you. Many immigration consultants and lawyers give people very inaccurate information.

Yes people have different definitions of emergency. It is clearly not emergency surgery but perhaps necessary surgery would be a better definition.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
If you are an IMG you will struggle to practice in Canada. Just warning you. Many immigration consultants and lawyers give people very inaccurate information.

Yes people have different definitions of emergency. It is clearly not emergency surgery but perhaps necessary surgery would be a better definition.
Do you mean the international Medical Group? I am in academia am not going to practice medicine here, no need for a warning.
Anyway, emergency or necessary surgery does not worth to risk and cancel the hearing.
There is something important that we must remember. October 2019 is the Federal election and as I checked in different sources it seems that the next government will be conservative. We must finish our cases and apply for PR before they come. Shong, do not cancel your hearing. This is a very honest advice from me bro.

Reactions: OriginalCraker

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
IMG is international medical graduate. Academia is not an easy profession to get into either in Canada. Doug Ford may have won but don't think Scheer is likely to get elected this round at least.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Anyone knows about days before the hearing?
I was told that the case officer would make the case ready and then will present it to the board member ten days before hearing and the member will decide three days before the hearing date whether the hearing must be continued, canceled or postponed and in case of expediting, be accepted without hearing or not.
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about the few days before the hearing and what is happening during these days?