+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi Guys,
something strange is happening!
I know some people with expedited cases who were accepted recently after 6-8 months that is normal.
However, I heard that apparently, the IRB is also scheduling the expedited cases as regular cases for hearing!
I am not sure what is happening!
Is there anyone here with expedited cases who applied around Oct 2017 or earlier? You might be scheduled for the hearing.
If anyone has any information share with us.
Thank you
Jalal

Um Zainab

May 4, 2018
Hi Guys,
I know some people with expedited cases who were accepted recently after 6-8 months that is normal.
However, I heard that apparently, the IRB is also scheduling the expedited cases as regular cases for hearing!
Is there anyone here with expedited cases who applied around Oct 2017 or earlier? You might be scheduled for the hearing.
Thank you
Jalal
I became a refugee claimant on April 2017 on Toronto. I’m from one of the expedited countries but I still waiting for my hearing. I contacted the IRB they told me when it is my turn and after the caseworker read my file then he will decide if they will accept me without hearing .if not I will go through a hearing.

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
I became a refugee claimant on April 2017 on Toronto. I’m from one of the expedited countries but I still waiting for my hearing. I contacted the IRB they told me when it is my turn and after the caseworker read my file then he will decide if they will accept me without hearing .if not I will go through a hearing.
Correct

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
Hi Guys,
Thank you
Jalal
Im from an expedited country and been waiting for 16 months now and nothing happened. Once your hearing postponed no timeline nor any logic involved.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Im from an expedited country and been waiting for 16 months now and nothing happened. Once your hearing postponed no timeline nor any logic involved.
There is a logic for sure. For example, people of Afghanistan 99% have the results or hearing in 8 months maximum.
You and Um Zainab are from expedited countries but it seems your cases are not expedited!

SURVIVAL

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Hi friends,

Finally, I have received my hearing date. It's on 20th June. Please remember me in your prayers and good wishes for success.

I wish everyone will be getting their hearings as soonest.
Hi guys,
Just to update that I have received a positive decision and now waiting for the written decision letter to be sent in my mail. Next step will be the PR applications.

Thanks Almighty GOD and Thank you CANADA.

Wish you all to be successful as soonest.

Reactions: Halo14

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
Hi guys,
Just to update that I have received a positive decision and now waiting for the written decision letter to be sent in my mail. Next step will be the PR applications.

Congrats buddy, im very happy for you!

Reactions: SURVIVAL

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Congrates survival can you please share your hearing experience and how long was your hearing thanks
People are here when they are waiting for the date of hearing. Once a result is granted they just come once to say they are accepted and then they go for their life and never ever come back here or remember of their friends who are still waiting. Sad reality of life. I do not think anyone share the hearing experience to help us who waiting or have a hearing soon.

mkane

Jun 11, 2016
Hi guys,

good luck my friend. Cause it seems PR waiting times as from today has jumped to 32 months!!!

SURVIVAL

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
People are here when they are waiting for the date of hearing. Once a result is granted they just come once to say they are accepted and then they go for their life and never ever come back here or remember of their friends who are still waiting. Sad reality of life. I do not think anyone share the hearing experience to help us who waiting or have a hearing soon.
Come on man, lol

My hearing lasted about 3 hours and I was asked back to back questions about 2 hours. Actually, i had provided all necessary proofs alongwith my BOC and I didn't take any interpreter because I thought I could explain my problems more efficiently and naturally which worked well for me.

I had observed during my hearing that board member was mainly checking out my supporting proofs in submitted documents and my credibility through my answers. Once, board member believes that you are not lying and you have enough documented proofs that supports what you are saying then that's it. You will be given a positive decision.

My suggestion for you all waiting for hearing will be to read and memorize your BOC with all dated incidents etc , visualize questions from all possible aspects. But on the day of hearing you don't have to be like a parrot or a computer software when asked questions, instead be natural, answer with feelings.