+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

FYRTON

Apr 7, 2019
Normally the person leaves and pays for their trip home because forced deportations have lastinf effects on your travel records. Not sure if the government or IOM has a program in Canada where they pay for your trip home if you withdraw your asylum claim.
Could you please advice from your experience if a withdrawn claim has the same implications as a failed claim in terms of future travels (not to Canada)?

Jan 10, 2017
The forum was inactive for 2 weeks!
Does anyone have any news?
No news, it's been 9 months since I applied. Recently I talked to my lawyer and he said that my hearing can take place in 2020, after hearing that it really killed my hope. It's very difficult to live without your family but still hoping for the best and I still have faith on Canadian government that we all will be heard soon because they're working hard on this. To pass my time fast I've started job last year and it's really works, everyday after work I really don't think and stress much due to tiredness.

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
The forum was inactive for 2 weeks!
Does anyone have any news?
No N
No news, it's been 9 months since I applied. Recently I talked to my lawyer and he said that my hearing can take place in 2020, after hearing that it really killed my hope. It's very difficult to live without your family but still hoping for the best and I still have faith on Canadian government that we all will be heard soon because they're working hard on this. To pass my time fast I've started job last year and it's really works, everyday after work I really don't think and stress much due to tiredness.
Best of luck
Hope you will get hearing date soon.

But

Its already been 20 months no news for me and like me many people are waiting for 2 years but no news.

Reactions: nirjhoroliver

Jan 10, 2017
No N

Best of luck
Hope you will get hearing date soon.

But

Its already been 20 months no news for me and like me many people are waiting for 2 years but no news.
Thank you and best of luck to you as well, I hope you'll get hearing date soon. You're lucky finally you're very close to your hearing date. If I compare myself with you, I didn't even pass halfway but I know living like this it's every difficult but have faith you'll will be heard soon.

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Alright so after a year of waiting, I finally got my court date, its in the end of June. I was expecting it to be mailed to me, but apparently it was mailed to my lawyer. Any tips on what to expect at the hearing?
And for all of you waiting dont loose hope, I hope you all get your court dates/decisions soon..

sherryl89

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Alright so after a year of waiting, I finally got my court date, its in the end of June. I was expecting it to be mailed to me, but apparently it was mailed to my lawyer. Any tips on what to expect at the hearing?
And for all of you waiting dont loose hope, I hope you all get your court dates/decisions soon..
Where did you apply, Montreal or Ottawa? are you alone or here with family?

rafk

Jan 4, 2019
Hello,
I submitted my documents for the expedited processing in January and still have received no news from the IRB. Any ideas or suggestion? Is it possible to ask the IRB about the application status?

Thanks

Reactions: FadyB

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
I submitted my documents for the expedited processing in January and still have received no news from the IRB. Any ideas or suggestion? Is it possible to ask the IRB about the application status?

Thanks
There is no point they will just tell you that they will inform you about there decision. You have only entered Canada 7 months ago.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The Immigration Department projects wait-times for asylum seekers awaiting a refugee hearing will be cut almost in half, from the current two years to 13 months. And for those who go through the streamlined file-management system, wait times could be as low as four months, Hussen said.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/immigration-officials-cut-legacy-refugee-backlog-as-new-one-grows-1.4401005
As you will learn, government promises doesn’t actually mean things will actually happen. We do see wait times approving a bit but 6 months would shock me.

Reactions: 9990