+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Hello brothers and sisters,

I am new to this forum and hope I will get an answer.

I claimed assylum by entering through US in April 2018, the hearing date I was told was August 2018, then it got cancelled. I recieved few months ago that my application will not be processed under expedited and I must attend a hearing and that they will send the hearing date soon.
Anyone like my case here? If its not going to be under expedited does it mean there's a chance or rejection!!
One more thing, my mother is already a PR she came here long before me you think that would help my case? And thanks

Reactions: Jalalcananda

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello brothers and sisters,

I am new to this forum and hope I will get an answer.

I claimed assylum by entering through US in April 2018, the hearing date I was told was August 2018, then it got cancelled. I recieved few months ago that my application will not be processed under expedited and I must attend a hearing and that they will send the hearing date soon.
Anyone like my case here? If its not going to be under expedited does it mean there's a chance or rejection!!
One more thing, my mother is already a PR she came here long before me you think that would help my case? And thanks
No your mother's status will not affect your asylum chances. There is always a chance of rejection when it comes to asylum claims.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Really. This is something which i am hearing from few months. but my cousin who crossed from US are accepted on 3rd April. Husband wife and one child.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Irregular border crossers are being processed faster because many will be refused and they don't want people to get established in Canada.
Is it true. hearing alot of this these days. Even i know few single people got refused who crossed from US.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is it true. hearing alot of this these days. Even i know few single people got refused who crossed from US.
Yes. Canadian government is also trying to close the loophole allowing people to cross irregularly. Still depends on individual circumstances. This forum only contains a small fraction of applicants.

syed009

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hello friends , A question
Let's suppose i m tired of waiting and want to cancle my case here , what is the process and how long it take
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Let's suppose i m tired of waiting and want to cancle my case here , what is the process and how long it take
Thanks
You'll need to contact CBSA to arrange to get your passport at the airport and buy a ticket plus notify IRCC that you are leaving Canada. Timing may be a few weeks to organize passport return.

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
Thanks
Try not to get tired Syed bhai. It's a long way to go still. If you genuinely feel that you may have some other alternative then don't stay refugee. This part is not easy brother.

FYRTON

Apr 7, 2019
You'll need to contact CBSA to arrange to get your passport at the airport and buy a ticket plus notify IRCC that you are leaving Canada. Timing may be a few weeks to organize passport return.
Do I need to pay for the flight back myself, or will CBSA arrange it for me as I am volunteering for deportation?

syed009

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Try not to get tired Syed bhai. It's a long way to go still. If you genuinely feel that you may have some other alternative then don't stay refugee. This part is not easy brother.
Oh thanks bro,, yeah but i was just curious about this process not tired yet still have the patience for some years

syed009

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Yeah but if I chose to withdraw my asylum case, I would be out of legal status in Canada and CBSA would have to remove me anyway, wouldn't they?
yes you got a point but anyway they will still ask for. money from. our home country for expenses

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yes you got a point but anyway they will still ask for. money from. our home country for expenses
Normally the person leaves and pays for their trip home because forced deportations have lastinf effects on your travel records. Not sure if the government or IOM has a program in Canada where they pay for your trip home if you withdraw your asylum claim.