+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
About four months ago I was informed by my lawyer that my claim has been selected for expedited processing and I had to submit my supporting documents.

Last week I’ve received an update that my refugee claim has been accepted without a hearing and considered as expedited. They said that there is hearing but I am not involved but they did not share the time frame. I was wondering if you have the same experience like me. Do you happen to know by chance how long does it take to receive the notice of decision?

Bests,
Hi, I know a friend in Hamilton with the same situation. As I know that meeting is between the caseworker and the judge to finalize an expedited case. few weeks after this internal meeting you will get the decision letter. @canuck78 might know about it.
Best of luck
Jalal

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Hello

I applied in Dec 2018 and my lawyer informed me 3 weeks ago that my case has been selected for expedited processing to send supporting documents.

is there anyone know how long is gonna take for the response?

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hello

I applied in Dec 2018 and my lawyer informed me 3 weeks ago that my case has been selected for expedited processing to send supporting documents.

is there anyone know how long is gonna take for the response?
I know people who were selected for expedited process and are waiting more than a year! one friend (Fazulu) who applied Jan 2018 and was selected for expedited process is still waiting with no update. This system is so vague.
Totally depends on your luck!

Reactions: adbcca

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
I know people who were selected for expedited process and are waiting more than a year! one friend (Fazulu) who applied Jan 2018 and was selected for expedited process is still waiting with no update. This system is so vague.
Totally depends on your luck!
Thank you for the information

Reactions: Jalalcananda