+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the valuable input. I actually am looking for establishing my life trying to figure out what career to take here since my previous experience doesn't mean anything here. I have a bachelor degree in marketing from a canadian institution but in an overseas campus. maybe go for a graduate certificate with a co-op program.

On the other hand, do you think that i maybe hear from them soon? I already received a letter before the cancelled court date that my case is considered for the expedited process and i called my IRB agent and he said the security check is ok.
Although frustrating you are in a very strong position compared to most refugees. I obviously can't guarantee anything not knowing your whole case and background but I would say you will likely receive an answer faster than most. With Syrian refugees having had such a high profile in Canada I would always mention that you are a Syrian asylum seeker when speaking with any potential employers.

You may have access to career counselling through your university's Canadian campus. If you living close to the Canadian campus I would see if you have access to networking events. Did you graduate recently or did you also work in marketing in Syria? Many young Canadian graduates also struggle to get into the job market it's not just you. Marketing is quite a tough career to get into especially at first. I would research some firms based on you experience, skills and interest and offer to do an internship. I would put together a portfolio. It can't hurt to try.