+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post PPR Information and Discussions

southanya91

Jul 7, 2018
Thanks for the assurance :)
I know it's too late now but I also wanted some advice on whether I should have submitted my old passport as well. The VFS agent told me there is no need to submit old ones. So the only documents I submitted are the photos, the ppr email from CIC and the current passport.

Should I be worried?

southanya91

Jul 7, 2018
He
I know it's too late now but I also wanted some advice on whether I should have submitted my old passport as well. The VFS agent told me there is no need to submit old ones. So the only documents I submitted are the photos, the ppr email from CIC and the current passport.

Should I be worried?
Does anyone have any experience with this situation? Like being asked to send old passports as well?

Pranav8053

May 15, 2019
Hi Guys

I have submitted my documents to VFS today, and hoping for the Visa to arrive. My question is that if the Medical exam is done in Sept 2018, the VISA expiry is linked with the medical or the passport expiry ?

Is there some way I can enter Canada after the medical is over a year old and the visa still has the validity ?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

Should I be worried?
No old passport is not needed.

Nehaswn

Jan 3, 2019
How do you know that your application was approved? Do they send you notification on your CIC account? Or just track the return package?

Levis06

Apr 30, 2018
Hey Guys,

I have been issued PPR under CEC i being the principal applicant and currently in Canada it just shows my name on the pdf and does not mention the dependent name, also they have asked us to submit our documents to Ottawa office within Canada to issue COPR but my dependent is currently in India and never traveled to Canada before how and where can the dependent submit the passport to get the COPR and what documents apart from photos & passport need to be provided for them ??

Anyone was in similar situation & has the knowledge kindly reply your help would be appreciated.

jmatharu

Aug 6, 2018
Hello,

We sent two photographs to VFS - one with Name/photo studio details was affixed to the COPR. The other was returned to us.So, which photo do they use for PR card and how would they know if it is was taken in the last 6 months?
According to the photo specs, we need to write the details on the the back of only one photo.

AST92

Sep 28, 2018
Hey guys ! Quick one. After receiving PPR, the ONLY documents required to submit passport is: 2 passport pics, copy of email and passport itself. Anything else please ?

jmatharu

Aug 6, 2018
Hey guys ! Quick one. After receiving PPR, the ONLY documents required to submit passport is: 2 passport pics, copy of email and passport itself. Anything else please ?
Hello,

I guess it depends on where do you have to submit the documents. If it is Ottawa center, then yes . Some people send the return envelope as well.
In our case , we had to send the docs to VFS new york. They need couple of other docs as well. We even had to submit a 19.90 USD money order for each applicant.

Last edited:

jmatharu

Aug 6, 2018
How do you know that your application was approved? Do they send you notification on your CIC account? Or just track the return package?
You will get a request letter either by email or in your CIC account to submit the passports. After they receive your passports, they will update the CIC page with Visa numbers and the status will change to 'your application has been approved". We had submitted a return envelope with our passports , so we could use that tracking number to see if they have sent the stamped passports back.

jmatharu

Aug 6, 2018
Hi Guys

I have submitted my documents to VFS today, and hoping for the Visa to arrive. My question is that if the Medical exam is done in Sept 2018, the VISA expiry is linked with the medical or the passport expiry ?

Is there some way I can enter Canada after the medical is over a year old and the visa still has the validity ?
The visa is not valid after one year from the date of medicals. In our PPR letter, they had stated that the passport must be valid for 6 months from the date of PPR letter. I have read that in some cases they allow extension for medicals , but you will need to verify this with CIC.

ECLN

Aug 23, 2018
Toulouse, France
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
I my request letter they are asking to send them 2 photos, the ppr letter and copies of passports (French nationals). Do we need to apply for ETA to go to Canada or Copr will suffice? Do I also send a return envelope ?

Shiv_CR7

Mar 3, 2019
Hello

Please let me know if i need to carry something else apart from the following to the VFS (location Hyderabad):

1) Passport and passport copy
2) 2 recent photo as specified (with name, DOB, studio address written on the back of the photo)
3) Print of the RFV email

VFS consent form required?

I am sure no need to carry an envelope but i did see someone mentioning it. What would be the exact amount to be carried?

kast29

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Brazil
Category........
CEC
I needed to take a prepaid return postage envelope.

Hello

Please let me know if i need to carry something else apart from the following to the VFS (location Hyderabad):

1) Passport and passport copy
2) 2 recent photo as specified (with name, DOB, studio address written on the back of the photo)
3) Print of the RFV email

VFS consent form required?

I am sure no need to carry an envelope but i did see someone mentioning it. What would be the exact amount to be carried?

Reactions: Shiv_CR7