+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post PPR Information and Discussions

Chris78

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Please does anybody have an idea how long it takes the Paris Visa office to process application and issue Visas after PPR mail and submission of passports?

rvsp

Oct 2, 2018
can anyone reply this query please!

What can be done if not get any reply from CIC after even 7 days for request of dependent VO change to local since we live in different countries( i am in Canada and she's in India).

can i send my passport alone to Ottawa with out my spouse's passport(as she's in India and waiting for VO change for her), or do i have to wait until get reply from CIC? or any other suggestions would be really appreciated

Mandzukic

Jul 13, 2018
Hi, I wanted to know if dependent can drop off the passports. My wife is primary and she is not in position to travel.

Spoke with the VFS representative. This is what he mentioned.

- two recent photographs along with your passport for primary and dependent(s) (as per specifications and stamped with details by studio)
- PPR letter copy
- Original Passports of the primary and dependent(s) and copies

In addition, it is better to take the VFS consent forms signed if only one person is going to submit the applications.

He mentioned some 643 INR for processing for each applicant. Extra charges for courier and sms services.

Reactions: rvsp

Zayynah

Sep 19, 2018
A lot of the people have posted their experience in VFS. I wanted to help with pre and post landing procedures. Here are some tips for your landing in Canada:
1. Make sure that your COPR is in a separate file.
2. At most of the Canadian airports there are kiosks available, where you need to scan your passports for all your dependents. Accordingly the kiosk will move vertically depending upon the heights of individuals to take pictures. At the end of the process, it will print a receipt that you need to give to the first officer at the desk. Greet him and tell him that you are landed immigrants. He will direct you to a separate room.
3. In your second interview, the officer will ask for your COPRs and your present address in Canada. This is really important. Make sure that everything is correct because you will receive your PR card at the same address. So double check your address. The officer will also ask about the amount of money that you are bringing in Canada. This need not to be same amount that you have shown as POF. At this stage, the officer will cancel your single entry visas and give your passports. After you are done with this officer, you will be directed to a booth where they will give you your permanent SIN. Here they will ask you for your passports again and fill some simple forms asking for your name, your parent's name, your place of origin and your address in Canada. Make sure that if you have a temporary SIN in Canada before, tell the person that you had one. He will simply update your profile.
4. As some useful tips, make sure that you are carrying minimum hand-carries with you, especially if you have small children with you. I know it is difficult, if you are planning to have a longer stay in Canada but try your best to reduce the hand luggage.
5. Make photographs of all the expensive things that you are bringing into Canada, a list of all the things that you have in your luggage and that you are planning to receive after your landing.
6. You might be directed to the customs at this stage and he might ask you for (5). In our case, they simply ignored us.
7. If all goes well, you will be come to the arrival lounge.
8. If you are going to a different city, make sure that you have arranged transport for it. Most airports have RobertQ booths, or other taxi services. Depending upon where you are landing make sure that you have this arranged pre-hand.
9. After these procedures, the long wait for PR card begins.

Good luck and happy landing in Canada.
Hii
Thanks for thr helpful post

Could you please share your banking experience from Pakistan to canadA
Thanks

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Zayynah Actually my story is quite different from the people who are on this forum. I won't get into those details here. Long story short, I was here in Canada for 4 years so I had my banking details in Canada. I went to Pakistan to get my family. I traveled with around CAD 8000 in cash with me. You are allowed to carry CAD 10,000. Other ways of transferring money are either through banks or through money exchangers, who can do this job for you. But recently with the strict policy of doing the latter, I doubt whether you will be able to get this service.

rvsp

Oct 2, 2018
Its not an attachment. People copy and paste it in to a word document themselves.
Hi Cansha,

Can you reply my below query please?

I have received my ppr request 2 weeks before. As my spouse lives in India(While i am in Canada), I requested CIC to change her VO to local in India. After since there is no reply from CIC, today got of call with CIC and agent did say that she can send her passport with LOE to local VO to get Visa stamping.

Is this works in this way? Because i never heard from anyone this story. can you suggest?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Cansha,

Can you reply my below query please?

I have received my ppr request 2 weeks before. As my spouse lives in India(While i am in Canada), I requested CIC to change her VO to local in India. After since there is no reply from CIC, today got of call with CIC and agent did say that she can send her passport with LOE to local VO to get Visa stamping.

Is this works in this way? Because i never heard from anyone this story. can you suggest?
Contact local VFS and see what they say.

Reactions: rvsp

Razia Jazzo

Dec 18, 2018
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to know what to do if I wasn't issued COPR at the time my PR visa was stamped. I intend to travel to Canada shortly and have no idea why COPR wasn't issued. The passport was collected by a third person on my behalf. Please guide me.

gubgub

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Hi guys. Got my visa stamped by ADVO in just 4 days and they have given me time till next year Sept to enter Canada :) I thought its usually one year from the date of medicals. My medicals was in Jan 2018
Hi, were you able to clarify your doubts regarding the collection of PR cards in the person isn't present to receive it personally? if yes, can you please share it here? Thanks

JenineJac

Mar 8, 2018
Please does anybody have an idea how long it takes the Paris Visa office to process application and issue Visas after PPR mail and submission of passports?
Hi @Chris78 did you get your COPR already from Paris VO? I am trying to get my VO changed from Delhi to Paris and wanted to check how long Paris takes to respond and also process PPR. Thanks for your feedback.

Love_canada@4321

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
So family,

I already live in canada for past 3 months . Moved from us to canada on work oermit.. now have pr..

Few tips:

1 the funds what canadian govt tells you is tip of iceberg.

If you planning to settle here without job get ready to shell out money or planning to stay here and look for job .

1. Most places atleast in ottawa lock a 12 month lease and before signing lease, they will ask 2 months rent.

2 . Public transport is awesome, you can make do for sometime without car.

3 . Get your driving extracts from india, yes in india they give you that contact your rto. Itvsaves you lot of shit snd u get g2 dl atleast.

4. Now for 2 people if you live normally expect to shell out 800 to 1000 each month. This is when you don go out to eat etc stc.

5. Banks have lot of catches so read all carefully.

Rest message me any thing you eanna knwo
Hi..
Can i connect? Are you available?