+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA: Work History v Personal History

rekhabishop

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
I got my ITA. :)
But there is a little issue. :(
So my NOC is 2171, but in my EE profile, I had listed my job tenure with only my current designation. But actually, I have worked on two different designations in the same firm. both correspond to the NOC 2171 only. One is analyst(2014-16) and the other is consultant(2016-present). In EE profile, I only mentioned consultant with tenure (2014-17) because it was under the same employer.

I can't change it because I've accepted my ITA already. :(
Is it such a big deal?

Jul 1, 2017
I got my ITA. :)
But there is a little issue. :(
So my NOC is 2171, but in my EE profile, I had listed my job tenure with only my current designation. But actually, I have worked on two different designations in the same firm. both correspond to the NOC 2171 only. One is analyst(2014-16) and the other is consultant(2016-present). In EE profile, I only mentioned consultant with tenure (2014-17) because it was under the same employer.

I can't change it because I've accepted my ITA already. :(
Is it such a big deal?
I think as far as the NOC remains the same you are good, In my opinion you don't need to explain this in the letter of explanation too. This is a usual case where people acquire long experience at a single place, their designation changes and so do their duties. As far as CIC is concerned they focused on your role i.e. via NOC they try to understand.

Having said that you can change the same but will call fro unnecessary scrutiny and on your part you might have to put down an explanation in LOE (Letter of explanation). Personally this is not a big deal.

For you sake you can get a reference letter from company stating your designation, to make your case clear cut and genuine.

rekhabishop

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
I think as far as the NOC remains the same you are good, In my opinion you don't need to explain this in the letter of explanation too. This is a usual case where people acquire long experience at a single place, their designation changes and so do their duties. As far as CIC is concerned they focused on your role i.e. via NOC they try to understand.

Having said that you can change the same but will call fro unnecessary scrutiny and on your part you might have to put down an explanation in LOE (Letter of explanation). Personally this is not a big deal.

For you sake you can get a reference letter from company stating your designation, to make your case clear cut and genuine.
I have the company ref letter and the are mentioning both my designations as
Analyst (2014-16) at ABCDEF
Consultant(2016-present) at ABCDEF
But in EE I have filled Consultant (2014-present) at ABCDEF
Hope that's fine?
sorry for stpid questions. :(

preetysundar

Aug 16, 2017
hi - I have received my ITA recently and I am having confusion while updating my work exp. I have around 12 years of work exp . First 4 years is a paid internship which I cannot show for processing . Next 5 years I worked in XYZ company and past 2 years am working in ABC company.
My immigration consulant asks me to update only 5 years of work exp in XYZ company and asking to let go of the recent exp in ABC company.

Can I do this ? I am worried it might cause any trouble.

rekhabishop

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
hi - I have received my ITA recently and I am having confusion while updating my work exp. I have around 12 years of work exp . First 4 years is a paid internship which I cannot show for processing . Next 5 years I worked in XYZ company and past 2 years am working in ABC company.
My immigration consulant asks me to update only 5 years of work exp in XYZ company and asking to let go of the recent exp in ABC company.

Can I do this ? I am worried it might cause any trouble.
Why would you want to let it go?

rekhabishop

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Cz it's of different noc code and also need to get t exp letters accordingly... It was a suggestion from my consultant
Getting the letter won't be a big deal. You can mention the NOC of this other job in your work history and include it. I think you will have to eventually fill something in the personal history about what you have been upto in last two years. You will be forced to mention the job and thus include the details. I don't think that you should hide it. Rest is up to you and your lawyer's discretion. :)
I would suggest, don't hide unnecessarily.

suresh_11in

Star Member
Dec 15, 2009
Hi all,

I need help regarding Work History and Personal History.

1. I have a 11 years of continuous employment in the same company. During employment, I completed part-time PGDBA diploma (I am claiming points for this study).
So in personal history, can I show overlapping entries of employment and part-time PGDBA diploma study?
2. Also during employment I made two foreign trips. Again do I need to show these trips in personal history overlapped with employment?
3. I have shown wife's work experience in EE profile before receiving ITA. I am not claiming any points for that. Do I need to show it in personal history and work history of my wife? I cannot get reference letter for this experience

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi all,

I need help regarding Work History and Personal History.

1. I have a 11 years of continuous employment in the same company. During employment, I completed part-time PGDBA diploma (I am claiming points for this study).
So in personal history, can I show overlapping entries of employment and part-time PGDBA diploma study?
2. Also during employment I made two foreign trips. Again do I need to show these trips in personal history overlapped with employment?
3. I have shown wife's work experience in EE profile before receiving ITA. I am not claiming any points for that. Do I need to show it in personal history and work history of my wife? I cannot get reference letter for this experience
1- yes
2- in travel history
3- move it to personal history and remove it from work

suresh_11in

Star Member
Dec 15, 2009
Hi all,

In the personal details form of dependent child, in family members details, father (main applicant-myself) and mother (my spouse) details need to be entered? Actually they have written that enter details of family members that are not mentioned in this application. That is why I am confused.

suresh_11in

Star Member
Dec 15, 2009
1- yes
2- in travel history
3- move it to personal history and remove it from work
Hi hamgha,
I made two foreign trips (first was one month long and second was one week long). In the contact information form under address history, do I need to mention those foreign addresses and period of stay?