+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA: Work History v Personal History

Sumnat

Jun 22, 2015
Hi

What about letters of references issued by past employers many years ago, i.e. at the time of leaving employment ? They are addressed `TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN'........

Are these accepted ? or do they require ref.letters addressed to CIC ? Getting that would be impossible now..

pav

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sumnat said:
Hi

What about letters of references issued by past employers many years ago, i.e. at the time of leaving employment ? They are addressed `TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN'........

Are these accepted ? or do they require ref.letters addressed to CIC ? Getting that would be impossible now..
No thats absolutely fine. There is no need to write cic specificaly,writing it in general whosoever it may concern is ok.

pav

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AgentEves said:
Personal History is complete, with no gaps, and is accurate.

At the moment, my Work History has only the two jobs which contribute towards my score.

For the Work History portion, it doesn't specify that there should be no gaps (obviously, because its not unreasonable for people to go for periods with no work) and states something along the lines of giving a history of work so that they can use it to calculate the score. I originally read that to mean that you ONLY give details of the jobs that contribute to your score. But then today, I thought maybe I had read it incorrectly.

Both sections are factual, and accurate. I haven't lied in either section. I'm just trying to determine if I have misunderstood what should go in the Work History section, moreso, if they are likely to highlight that there are jobs on my Personal History which are not included in my Work History.

I also don't know if, in the situation where they did want to know about the 'missing' jobs, that they would reject the application, or would they simply request more documents?

EDIT: I can answer my own question... why give them any reason to doubt it. Include it, with the letter, like you say, and if they want to know more, or insist I get the documents, then so be it.

Easier to make a little bit of effort now than to end up being rejected over being lazy.
So agent eves, you did not mention some of your jobs in work history and mentioned them in personal history,right?
So are you being asked for supporting docs for those jobs in personal history?

darklord

Oct 12, 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A-EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015 (SINP); 04-12-2015 (CIC)
Nomination.....
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded to SINP Online
Med's Request
Not Applicable - Upfront for EE
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals
pav said:
For the unemployed period,I am not able to complete forms as it is asking for company name.
What should I put in there?
Enter "Not Applicable". They will understand.

Reactions: polestar123

rigel

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Correct me if I'm wrong, but what ive learned form this thread is:

1 WH is all that counts towards CRS points

2 All that is in WH goes in PH, but the reverse is not always true.

3 Reference letter is mandatory in WH, but optional in PH

4 Gaps tolerated in WH, but not in PH

expert opinion needed!!

Reactions: adityabharadwaj999

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rigel said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but what ive learned form this thread is:

1 WH is all that counts towards CRS points

Not entirely correct. Work History must also include experience which is being showcased towards program eligibility. CRS points max out at 3 years but FSWP points max out at 6+ years of work experience.

2 All that is in WH goes in PH, but the reverse is not always true.

Yes. Work history need not be comprehensive or continuous (unless you have exactly 1 year of work experience in which case you won;t be eligible for EE if you don't possess continuous work experience of 1 year). Personal history has to be comprehensive and continuous starting from the time the applicant turned 18.

3 Reference letter is mandatory in WH, but optional in PH

Not entirely correct. Reference letters are required to prove to the officer that you deserve the points you've claimed in CRS and program eligibility.
Hence they are required only for work history. Personal history wouldn't require any documentation except for PCC(s) for the time spent in country of birth and any time spent in another country for more than 6 months in a row.

4 Gaps tolerated in WH, but not in PH

Yes. Explained in Pt 2 above.
expert opinion needed!!

rigel

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
great! thanks

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PCC for time spent in country of birth? I was born in India..bt my parents lived in UAE at that time... I.e. I have been living here ALL my life...except for a year in UK for which I will get PCc.
but do I have to get PCc for india as well? (I'm an Indian citizen..but barely went there except summers as a kid)
Another similar situation for my friend.. she is a Pakistani born in Pakistan but parents were living in UAE..and still here..
what should we all be doing?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
PCC for time spent in country of birth? I was born in India..bt my parents lived in UAE at that time... I.e. I have been living here ALL my life...except for a year in UK for which I will get PCc.
but do I have to get PCc for india as well? (I'm an Indian citizen..but barely went there except summers as a kid)
Another similar situation for my friend.. she is a Pakistani born in Pakistan but parents were living in UAE..and still here..
what should we all be doing?
My bad. Country of residence not birth.

mississaugaapplicant

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
I left out a job i had at Tim Hortons right now in work history, pre-ITA. I am planning to put it in personal history, i have a letter explaining i worked there ( but doesn't have all the info needed for work history, and thats why i didn't put in work history, and it doesn't even affect my score) . Is that OK?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mississaugaapplicant said:
I left out a job i had at Tim Hortons right now in work history, pre-ITA. I am planning to put it in personal history, i have a letter explaining i worked there ( but doesn't have all the info needed for work history, and thats why i didn't put in work history, and it doesn't even affect my score) . Is that OK?
If it doesn't get you points for program eligibility or CRS, perfectly fine.

shricks

Feb 11, 2015
Hi All,

I got ITA last Saturday and while filling the Personal History, I noticed that I might have made a mistake in filling work history before getting ITA.

From 2006-08 (exactly 24 months), I worked with an IT company where first 4 months were training for which location was X and after the training completion, the location was Y. However, in Work History, I have mentioned this as just one job (for 24 months) with location as Y (from where I left this job) as during the training period, my designation was no different. I guess I have two options to address this:

1. As the Work History is now editable, I can split this job into two parts - i.e. for each location separate. But the challenge is what the NOC code will be for the training period? Also, there were no specific responsibilities associated with me during this 4 months' span. I think I should submit an affidavit and in this I should clearly mention that the first 4 months were for training and then for the rest of the months, I should list my responsibilities. Will it be a problem that I edited my work history after getting an ITA?

2. The alternate option is to leave the work history as is and then use the letter of explanation to describe this issue in detail. Also, when I create the affidavit for responsibilities, I will not include the span of 4 months.

This mistake I have made for my current job as well wherein I am working for a company since 2010 and in this I was transferred once but I did mention just one row in work history for entire duration (since 2010) with location as the present one. In this job as well my designation and responsibilities are the same since 2010.

Request you to help me with this.

Thanks.