Post ITA: Work History v Personal History

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shricks said:
Hi All,

I got ITA last Saturday and while filling the Personal History, I noticed that I might have made a mistake in filling work history before getting ITA.

From 2006-08 (exactly 24 months), I worked with an IT company where first 4 months were training for which location was X and after the training completion, the location was Y. However, in Work History, I have mentioned this as just one job (for 24 months) with location as Y (from where I left this job) as during the training period, my designation was no different. I guess I have two options to address this:

1. As the Work History is now editable, I can split this job into two parts - i.e. for each location separate. But the challenge is what the NOC code will be for the training period? Also, there were no specific responsibilities associated with me during this 4 months' span. I think I should submit an affidavit and in this I should clearly mention that the first 4 months were for training and then for the rest of the months, I should list my responsibilities. Will it be a problem that I edited my work history after getting an ITA?

2. The alternate option is to leave the work history as is and then use the letter of explanation to describe this issue in detail. Also, when I create the affidavit for responsibilities, I will not include the span of 4 months.

This mistake I have made for my current job as well wherein I am working for a company since 2010 and in this I was transferred once but I did mention just one row in work history for entire duration (since 2010) with location as the present one. In this job as well my designation and responsibilities are the same since 2010.

Request you to help me with this.

Thanks.
None of these are mistakes technically. Your NOC (or roles and responsibilities) does not change throughout the tenure and, as you pointed out, finding a suitable NOC for training-on-the-job roles is going to be fairly difficult. Locations do not matter in your work history, they can be covered in your personal history section.

Do not attempt to highlight those 4 months of training separately in your work history, you will only end up with 4 months less of work experience. Recommend that you leave these as they were without making any changes.

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
I served a compulsory year of "National Service" after my first degree. It is a government requirement where fresh graduates are posted to random companies to work. We were paid "allowances" in cash over the counter. it is almost impossible to get the kind of reference CIC needs. I did not include this in my EE profile and thus did not get CRS points for it. My other jobs for which I have all the required references account for 6 years plus and got me the maximum points.

If I understand I can state National Service under personal history but keep it omitted under WH Without adversely affecting my application. I will not be required to show a reference for this. Grateful for clarification. I do want to complete and get my checklist.

Thanks

mamaJM

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2016
Doc's Request.
FBI: 06-05-2016
AOR Received.
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
07-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2016
LANDED..........
07-01-2017
papapsi said:
I served a compulsory year of "National Service" after my first degree. It is a government requirement where fresh graduates are posted to random companies to work. We were paid "allowances" in cash over the counter. it is almost impossible to get the kind of reference CIC needs. I did not include this in my EE profile and thus did not get CRS points for it. My other jobs for which I have all the required references account for 6 years plus and got me the maximum points.

If I understand I can state National Service under personal history but keep it omitted under WH Without adversely affecting my application. I will not be required to show a reference for this. Grateful for clarification. I do want to complete and get my checklist.

Thanks
Yes, that's correct.

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
mamaJM said:
Yes, that's correct.
Thank you for the clarification.

raymond87

Feb 19, 2016
hi guys,
is there anyone got their application approved even the work history and the personal history did not match. i mean not including those job that does not count toward your score in personal history?

AIM123

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
i got SINP Nomination on sept 29th and lost my job on sept 16th. iam unemployed now. Will my job
loss affect my PR application to IRCC? Pls help

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
pav said:
No thats absolutely fine. There is no need to write cic specificaly,writing it in general whosoever it may concern is ok.
This info is wrong if you are going to claim points for that experience you have to have them. According to the cic requirements mentioning job duties and details

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
I have a question here i am claiming points for my foreign work history which is more than 3 years and i have experience letters for all of them,is it wise to write them all in work history so if they didnt approve or reject one of the experiences for any reason will still have more experience to cover the 3 years period?

Parvaneh

Oct 11, 2016
I have worked for two years after graduating from my BSc, outside Canada. After that, I started studying as MSc and then PhD and have now worked for a bit more than one year after my PhD graduation, again outside Canada. Both of the jobs have been in the same field (same NOC) but are not the same job position of course. Can I count all the three years that I have worked, although there has been a break for studying?
According to what I read on CIC webiste they ask for the following requirements on work experience:
"Skilled work experience:
Your work experience must be:
•at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time,
•paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships do not count),
•in the same job,
•within the last 10 years, and
•at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)."

They mention that it should be continuous and in the same job. I can't fully understand this.
- does it have to be continuous for at least one year, or this applies to the whole work experience?
- what is meant exactly by in the same job? Does it mean the same position or the same type of work/NOC?
I would very much appreciate it if anyone could help with this!

irosha

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Hello,
the last 10 years of life have been fairly simple. Same work place from 07 to date and part time studies in between . In my EE profile i only mentioned my current work as anything before that does not contribute points towards the total score . Im just wondering if i should out them down now in personal history. But they were both over 10 years ago so is that necessary ?
Basically my personal history has nothing much . just continuous work and part time studies . is that ok??

abhib230

Mar 22, 2017
"CRS points max out at 3 years but FSWP points max out at 6+ years of work experience."
This has confused me. If I show more than 3 years of experience in my work history, will I get the maximum points attainable for work experience or do I need to show 6 years or more to get the maximum points? I have received an ITA in April and I am about to submit the e-apr. I can show more than 6 years of experience but for that I need to get a reference letter from a different company which I want to avoid the hassle of. Will my points reduce if I show 3+ years of experience instead of 6+?

ap_canada

May 9, 2015
Hi,

Another question- do I have to include in work history my part time job while I was a full time student at University?

Getting confused now :(

Thanks
same question here ...i m filling paper based pr through pnp...so what did u do??any suggestion mates

Jul 1, 2017
Hi, I had a gap in my studies. Specifically, I did my MCOM-I in 2006-2007 and MCOM-II in 2008-2009. I was looking out for a job in the interim (2007-2008), before I pursued it back again and finishing it. Now in my education history they had an option of 'FROM'(beginning date) and 'TO' (ending date) so I had no option to let them know the gap, I had put just 2 years in "Years of education" column however to make my point (and not putting it as three years). Now the same records are pulled in my personal history, how do I explain them about this one year gap, should I provide them an explanation? OR put that one year gap in personal history as "Unemployed"?

Secondly, I am currently residing in US since December 2014 and have been unemployed for almost about 2.5 years. Is quoting "Unemployed" a reD flag of any sorts to them

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
This has confused me. If I show more than 3 years of experience in my work history, will I get the maximum points attainable for work experience or do I need to show 6 years or more to get the maximum points? I have received an ITA in April and I am about to submit the e-apr. I can show more than 6 years of experience but for that I need to get a reference letter from a different company which I want to avoid the hassle of. Will my points reduce if I show 3+ years of experience instead of 6+?
@abhib230 Did you get an answer to your question?