+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA Spouse Educational document with no CRS (discussion)

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
sraj07 said:
Oh kucuy and indiaaspirant ,

I got confused . I am really worried now . I am waiting for ITA in this draw . What did u guys put pre ITA while creating the profile

As of now , I put Has xxxxxxx finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)? YES
and gave her school details

and in the question of ECA , I selected NO

OMG.. I am really worried , will they reject the application post ITA .... Please help
I honestly think you are worrying way too much over this. Do what I recommend you to do first: say YES on your wife education, and NO in her ECA... then check again your application checklist. If the checklist is NOT asking you for proof of your wife education (which it shouldn't because again, you are not claiming points for it) then you are good to go. If your checklist still requires you to show proof for your wife's education (like indiaaspirant said it happen to her case) then it must a system error and you should remove your wife education from your EE.

Is really that simple...

Reginald

Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
SCH A Oct 20
AOR Received.
Sep 24
Asivad Anac said:
Let's think about why CIC designed the system this way.

1. They did this to ensure that they are letting in educated employable spouses along with PAs. Unlikely to be true because claiming points for spouse education is completely optional.

2. They did this because this was always expected to be optional and the functionality wasn't designed to be any more or less friendlier to applicants who keep their spouse's education out of their profile versus those applicants who depend heavily on their spouse's additional points to get to a competitive score. This appears more reasonable and probably explains why the system defaults to this state.

Hence the system doesn't discriminate between the two kinds of applicants and asks them the same questions regardless of what the applicant wants to declare within the system.

CIC doesn't care about the employability of the spouse. Their focus is on the PA which is why applicants with fully qualified spouses get no concessions on their POF - that still has to be declared ONLY with the PA's name on it.

Misrepresentation is deliberate untruth or falsehood which gains you an unfair advantage. In this case, there is no misrepresentation because you aren't gaining anything out of it. If anything, you are losing out on potential points which are superfluous and redundant if you are already north of the draw cutoff without spouse education points. At best, it is partial disclosure and CIC hasn't said No to that anywhere in their communication.

Just my $0.02
@Asivad, a bit of digression here: I am confused about your coment on POF. Are you implying that POF should be in the name of only the PA? What of a joint account between PA and spouse? Kindly clarify.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reginald said:
@ Asivad, a bit of digression here: I am confused about your coment on POF. Are you implying that POF should be in the name of only the PA? What of a joint account between PA and spouse? Kindly clarify.
Joint account with the spouse would certainly work (and be covered in that explanation) because it has the PA's name on it. The placement of 'only' in that sentence matters a lot - if it were placed before the word 'the' in that sentence preceding 'PA', the meaning would be what you derived from it! :)

sonal1981

Nov 15, 2017
Hello all,

I just wanted to create this thread and see what others in my situation are doing. I have asked this question earlier today and Asivad and others have been gracious with their responses but I'm still not convinced in terms of the right approach.

Removing spouse education from the education section is only possible if we answer that spouse has no post secondary education. To me deliberately answering it "no" just to remove the education requirement from the checklist doesn't seem right. My concern is that if CIC only wanted ECA point claiming education, they would have not given the option of saying Yes or No for ECA in this section. The section also says that "tells us about all the education of your spouse".

I have a few days to submit, not sure what I will do but thought if others in the same situation as myself can share there thoughts also, maybe as a consensus we can come up with an appropriate solution to this and maybe the discussion would help us crystallize our thoughts.

Also anyone with lawyers or consultants put this question to them?
Hi,
IAM in the same situation.. please guide me how to deal with this situation if you have already succeeded.

Thanks

Quorn

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
Let's think about why CIC designed the system this way.

1. They did this to ensure that they are letting in educated employable spouses along with PAs. Unlikely to be true because claiming points for spouse education is completely optional.

2. They did this because this was always expected to be optional and the functionality wasn't designed to be any more or less friendlier to applicants who keep their spouse's education out of their profile versus those applicants who depend heavily on their spouse's additional points to get to a competitive score. This appears more reasonable and probably explains why the system defaults to this state.

Hence the system doesn't discriminate between the two kinds of applicants and asks them the same questions regardless of what the applicant wants to declare within the system.

CIC doesn't care about the employability of the spouse. Their focus is on the PA which is why applicants with fully qualified spouses get no concessions on their POF - that still has to be declared ONLY with the PA's name on it.

Misrepresentation is deliberate untruth or falsehood which gains you an unfair advantage. In this case, there is no misrepresentation because you aren't gaining anything out of it. If anything, you are losing out on potential points which are superfluous and redundant if you are already north of the draw cutoff without spouse education points. At best, it is partial disclosure and CIC hasn't said No to that anywhere in their communication.

Just my $0.02
That's a nice explanation , I think it couldn't be explained any better

sonal1981

Nov 15, 2017
Thanks..but I am looking feedback from applicants who already did in thier application and successed.

I will appreciate if successful candidates help me out from this situation.

jadafaa

Jan 30, 2019
Hello, I am in the exact same situation, and I am totally confused.
What did you do?
Did you mention your spouse's education or not?
It seems to me not mentioning it is the best option.

nemhoney

Sep 7, 2020
My situation is the same. I have mentioned "No" in Education History for my Spouse. But Do I need to provide Education details in Personal History as she has done Bachelor's degree? Please advise

habibred

Sep 16, 2020
I don't claim any points for my husband education history, so I answered "No" in Education history and then we added all his diplomas in Personal History.

Is there any risk to be rejected for that?

soh.aa

Jan 11, 2021
Hi guys,

I am waiting for my spouse's ECA (secondary applicant), and I am thinking of adding her education details to Express Entry profile and marking ECA as "No" for now. I have a couple of questions regarding this step:

1. If I mark ECA as "No" for now. Will I be able to update the express entry profile once I get her WES? Or I have to create a new profile again?
2. If I am able to update my profile, how many days will it take to update the points?
3. If I receive ITA before updating ECA information in the EE profile, what will be the next steps? should I submit a PR application with or without ECA (if I get it after ITA)?
4. Adding to the last point, If I said No to ECA in my profile, will Proof of education come into the checklist while submitting PR after receiving ITA?

Appreciate your quick response in this matter.