+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA Spouse Educational document with no CRS (discussion)

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
Hello all,

I just wanted to create this thread and see what others in my situation are doing. I have asked this question earlier today and Asivad and others have been gracious with their responses but I'm still not convinced in terms of the right approach.

Removing spouse education from the education section is only possible if we answer that spouse has no post secondary education. To me deliberately answering it "no" just to remove the education requirement from the checklist doesn't seem right. My concern is that if CIC only wanted ECA point claiming education, they would have not given the option of saying Yes or No for ECA in this section. The section also says that "tells us about all the education of your spouse".

I have a few days to submit, not sure what I will do but thought if others in the same situation as myself can share there thoughts also, maybe as a consensus we can come up with an appropriate solution to this and maybe the discussion would help us crystallize our thoughts.

Also anyone with lawyers or consultants put this question to them?

Reactions: sonal1981

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let's think about why CIC designed the system this way.

1. They did this to ensure that they are letting in educated employable spouses along with PAs. Unlikely to be true because claiming points for spouse education is completely optional.

2. They did this because this was always expected to be optional and the functionality wasn't designed to be any more or less friendlier to applicants who keep their spouse's education out of their profile versus those applicants who depend heavily on their spouse's additional points to get to a competitive score. This appears more reasonable and probably explains why the system defaults to this state.

Hence the system doesn't discriminate between the two kinds of applicants and asks them the same questions regardless of what the applicant wants to declare within the system.

CIC doesn't care about the employability of the spouse. Their focus is on the PA which is why applicants with fully qualified spouses get no concessions on their POF - that still has to be declared ONLY with the PA's name on it.

Misrepresentation is deliberate untruth or falsehood which gains you an unfair advantage. In this case, there is no misrepresentation because you aren't gaining anything out of it. If anything, you are losing out on potential points which are superfluous and redundant if you are already north of the draw cutoff without spouse education points. At best, it is partial disclosure and CIC hasn't said No to that anywhere in their communication.

Just my $0.02

Reactions: Quorn and Al Mahmud

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi Guys ,

My wife has not completed college . She completed her secondary school education . In India we call it as 12 th standard . What should I enter in the spouse education .

Option 1 :
----------------
Has xxxxxxx finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)? YES

If I choose YES , it is asking me to enter her school details . But there is also a question at the end which tell what is the highest level of education ... Should I choose "NONE OR LESS THAN SECONDARY "?

And for the question whether she have Canadian degree evaluation ---- Select NO

So in this case I have no ECA , correct . So no spouse points

Should I get ECA for +2 or school education ? Will WES evaluate 12th standard also ?

Option 2:
------------
Has xxxxxxx finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)? ---> Just select option NO , so that all other confusing questions are avoided .

Which option I can choose ? Please help me . I have all her 10 and 12 standard certificates.

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
hotshot007 said:
Hello all,

I just wanted to create this thread and see what others in my situation are doing. I have asked this question earlier today and Asivad and others have been gracious with their responses but I'm still not convinced in terms of the right approach.

Removing spouse education from the education section is only possible if we answer that spouse has no post secondary education. To me deliberately answering it "no" just to remove the education requirement from the checklist doesn't seem right. My concern is that if CIC only wanted ECA point claiming education, they would have not given the option of saying Yes or No for ECA in this section. The section also says that "tells us about all the education of your spouse".

I have a few days to submit, not sure what I will do but thought if others in the same situation as myself can share there thoughts also, maybe as a consensus we can come up with an appropriate solution to this and maybe the discussion would help us crystallize our thoughts.

Also anyone with lawyers or consultants put this question to them?
Maybe I am not understanding your situation fully but why is your spouse education showing up in your checklist if you did not claim points for it? I included my spouse education history when I created my EE profile which is a masters degree but we do not have an Education Credential Assessment (for my spouse) because I did not claimed any points for that, hence I marked "no" when asked if his credential were assessed.
Proof of education for my spouse was not on my checklist.

You should be able to answer "Yes" to whatever option applies to your wife education history but say "no" to credential assessments and you should not be require to submit any supporting documents on that end.

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
sraj07 said:
thanks kuchy .. So it all matters to the answer u give for the ECA question ...right ?
Yes! A foreign education without an assessment is worthless to CIC.

Good luck!

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
so can u please suggest me the option ? I mentioned above .
Isn't there a way to tell the truth? Say yes to secondary education, and no to ECA. She HAS completed secondary education, she hasn't gone beyond that, and you don't want to get an ECA for her high school education. Isn't that the case?

sraj07

May 26, 2015
dobes ... that's what in OPtion 1 ...Say YES to first question and then NO to ECA ..
What should I select the highest level of education ? a)None or less than secondary b) SSecondary(high school)

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
dobes ... that's what in OPtion 1 ...Say YES to first question and then NO to ECA ..
What should I select the highest level of education ? a)None or less than secondary b) SSecondary(high school)
She finished secondary school, right? So - b. High school and secondary school are the same.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
yes dobes they are the ame . But should I get ECA for that? I don't think WES evaluate high school.

indianaspirant

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2015
AOR Received.
03-08-2015
I selected yes for my spouses secondary education and then no for Eca but it still asked for his post secondary education proof even though I checked like a million times that I have filled only secondary school and no to Eca... So in the end I took Asivad's advice and deleted spouses education entirely only mentioned that in the personal history section... Do what you feel makes sense I did what seemed to me the only option

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
indianaspirant said:
I selected yes for my spouses secondary education and then no for Eca but it still asked for his post secondary education proof even though I checked like a million times that I have filled only secondary school and no to Eca... So in the end I took Asivad's advice and deleted spouses education entirely only mentioned that in the personal history section... Do what you feel makes sense I did what seemed to me the only option
That might be a system glitch if you were asked for that proof :/.. You should not be required to prove something that is not adding points to your CRS score!
But if it does asks you for that I think it is safe to just delete it all together like you were advised. It will not be a misrepresentation at all since you are not lying/hiding the truth to get some leverage in your application.

I said yes to my spouse education and selected the highest degree and then no to ECA and it worked for me.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Oh kucuy and indiaaspirant ,

I got confused . I am really worried now . I am waiting for ITA in this draw . What did u guys put pre ITA while creating the profile

As of now , I put Has xxxxxxx finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)? YES
and gave her school details

and in the question of ECA , I selected NO

OMG.. I am really worried , will they reject the application post ITA .... Please help

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
I put my spouse post secondary education details with a No for ECA and it still asked for educational documents.

I included the documents with an LOE why the ECA was not performed and why it is not needed. This felt right to me especially as I had the spouse education details in my pre ITA profile. Granted it is worthless to CIC but until my submission last week their system was still asking for the documents even when ECA is no. So I included as per the checklist with an LOE.