+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA question after 13th draw regarding uploading documents

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Asivad Anac said:
The best way to ensure this anxiety disappears is by removing unwanted information from your profile. It is important to be absolutely truthful in your Personal history section but CIC does not expect full disclosure on work history or education history of the PA or the spouse - only declare as much as is required to get points.

In your case, you will get nothing from uploading these documents except an additional optional work for the officer who might just ignore all the documentation because it is irrelevant to your PR application. This documentation, whether complete or not, will have zero effect on your application.
I understand that is the easy way but i dont feel comfortable deleting info and leaving sections blank in work history and personal history. Dont want to give them any reasons to be suspicious

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raj19 said:
I understand that is the easy way but i dont feel comfortable deleting info and leaving sections blank in work history and personal history. Dont want to give them any reasons to be suspicious
Let me reconfirm this. CIC is not keen on knowing your entire life history. They are keen on you proving that you have earned those points. Period.

The only place where they come remotely close to full scale disclosure is on Personal history and even that is restricted to PCC requirements from those countries where you have lived in for 6 months in a row. Think about it for a minute - they don't ask for PCC if you spent 2 months in a country 5 years ago. You could've possibly committed a crime then (unlikely because you won't get out if you were charged of the crime) and CIC would not know about it because they never asked for that PCC. The point I'm trying to make is that under no circumstances would CIC have complete information so if they really wanted to be suspicious about your background, they have enough avenues to do that without worrying about things like why you aren't declaring something in your profile which doesn't get you any points in the first place.

Your call. All the best!

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
Hi,

I started filling out the profile after receiving ITA. I am a the document checklist and it says weird things:
1) The employment records "Employment Records Management Trainee (required)" - being a management trainee was my first job title, but still a bit odd that they put the name of it while I still have to provide full employment records. My wife first job title was also management trainee, but her part just says "Employment Records (required)".What gives?

2) Also is says "Police Certificates (Multiple) " What do they mean by "multiple"? I haven't lived in any country except my citizenship country longer than 4months. My full travel history below ( am I missing something?)
2005/6/9 - 2005/10/7 (US)
2007/8/14 - 2007/8/28 (Egypt)
2007/12/28 - 2008/1/7 (US)
2008/8/26 - 2008/9/8 (UAE)
2009/9/16 - 2009/9/30 (US)
2010/9/8 - 2010/9/25 (US)
2011/8/27 - 2011/9/10 (SPAIN)
2012/4/30 - 2012/5/7 (US)
2012/11/22 - 2012/12/5 (THAILAND)
2013/8/14 - 2013/8/19 (ITALY)
2013/12/18 - 2014/1/10 (US)
2015/5/4 - 2015/5/26 (CANADA)

Thanks!

Luz10

Jul 26, 2015
abinto said:
hi guys,
Help needed.

I was uploading my digital photo today and found out that the field for uploading my work experience is gone. I have two work experiences to upload. One is still there. other one is missing.

When logged in last time(from my company laptop, US ip address ), it was showing the two fields. but it was not specifically asking for job titles, just employment record 1 and employment record 2 , like that. any ieda?? worried now. I will login in later to see what is going on.

Comments will be highly appreciated :( :( :( :(

Luz10

Jul 26, 2015
Hi abinto,

It happened the same to me! I had 6 options to upload work experience because of my 6 previous jobs. I uploaded all of them except for one that I was still waiting for the reference letter from the employer. Today I signed up and realized that all of them were gone except for one, which was the one without any file uploaded!

I would really appreciate any comments on this!

Thanks a lot!

abhisuri13

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Hi All,

Can someone help me with below queries -

1. While submitting my work history, I have worked in same country however across different cities. Should I mention all the cities where I have worked while updating my work history.
2. If I don't updated all the cities in my work history there will be a mismatch with my address history. As for the duration when I was working for a certain organisation my address history will show addresses from different cities.
3. But my reference letter/experience letter for that organisation shows only 1 city (Head office). Will that be a problem?
4. Do we need to submit our ITA application first and then only we will be shown the document checklist. Can't be change our application again, before uploading documents?
5. Do I need reference letter from my wife's employer (she is dependent applicant). Or only Offer letter and experience letter(ex-employer) is sufficient in her case?

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhisuri13 said:
Hi All,

Can someone help me with below queries -

1. While submitting my work history, I have worked in same country however across different cities. Should I mention all the cities where I have worked while updating my work history.
2. If I don't updated all the cities in my work history there will be a mismatch with my address history. As for the duration when I was working for a certain organisation my address history will show addresses from different cities.
3. But my reference letter/experience letter for that organisation shows only 1 city (Head office). Will that be a problem?
4. Do we need to submit our ITA application first and then only we will be shown the document checklist. Can't be change our application again, before uploading documents?
5. Do I need reference letter from my wife's employer (she is dependent applicant). Or only Offer letter and experience letter(ex-employer) is sufficient in her case?
Hi Abhi,

I am not sure about last question but i can say if you claiming any points then you have to give relevant proof otherwise its good. and you can wait for the document checklist to see what they wants you to upload.

Now coming to your main question. Not at all needed to mention all cities. You can just mention your head branch as many of us have worked in such a way that we have to visit our different offices for 1 or 2 months but that was never mentioned in ref letter so didnt we.

And yes you can change any of your answer that you give right now even after uplaoding your documents you can go back and change your answer. But you cannot do it once your application is submitted.

Yes document checklist will be given once you answer all these questions which you did before ITA too while making your EE profile its same thing but little bit more elaborated this is done in order to check if there is any change in your application or condition....

Thanks. Let me know if anything else required....

abhisuri13

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
ntwkengg said:
Hi Abhi,

I am not sure about last question but i can say if you claiming any points then you have to give relevant proof otherwise its good. and you can wait for the document checklist to see what they wants you to upload.

Now coming to your main question. Not at all needed to mention all cities. You can just mention your head branch as many of us have worked in such a way that we have to visit our different offices for 1 or 2 months but that was never mentioned in ref letter so didnt we.

And yes you can change any of your answer that you give right now even after uplaoding your documents you can go back and change your answer. But you cannot do it once your application is submitted.

Yes document checklist will be given once you answer all these questions which you did before ITA too while making your EE profile its same thing but little bit more elaborated this is done in order to check if there is any change in your application or condition....

Thanks. Let me know if anything else required....
Thanks a lot for your comments.
Regarding my last question, I will elaborate..In my application, for my spouse I am showing she has x yrs of experience with 2 employers. Will I be required to submit proof for her employment. I do have her previous employer offer letter along with experience letter and for current employer respective offer letter. I was just asking whether a job description/duties reference letter is also required for her? Or it is not required in her case?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhisuri13 said:
Thanks a lot for your comments.
Regarding my last question, I will elaborate..In my application, for my spouse I am showing she has x yrs of experience with 2 employers. Will I be required to submit proof for her employment. I do have her previous employer offer letter along with experience letter and for current employer respective offer letter. I was just asking whether a job description/duties reference letter is also required for her? Or it is not required in her case?
If you include the experience, the system will ask for the reference letters. Even if it doesn't add points, you will still have to upload the reference letters in the required format.

If the experience was gained outside Canada, recommend that you leave it out completely as it has no bearing on your application.

abhisuri13

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Asivad Anac said:
If you include the experience, the system will ask for the reference letters. Even if it doesn't add points, you will still have to upload the reference letters in the required format.

If the experience was gained outside Canada, recommend that you leave it out completely as it has no bearing on your application.
Thanks Asivad.
However, I only have one concern, If I am not disclosing my wife's experience, Its not like I am withholding information.
The experience she has is outside Canada so it has no impact on my total points, but if I show it in my application, and not submit any job duties letter (but will submit her offer letter, pay slips, Income Tax Return and experience letter). Will there be any problem or can it impact my application negatively?
Thanks again for your support (Your comments are really helpful in entire forum)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhisuri13 said:
Thanks Asivad.
However, I only have one concern, If I am not disclosing my wife's experience, Its not like I am withholding information.
The experience she has is outside Canada so it has no impact on my total points, but if I show it in my application, and not submit any job duties letter (but will submit her offer letter, pay slips, Income Tax Return and experience letter). Will there be any problem or can it impact my application negatively?
Thanks again for your support (Your comments are really helpful in entire forum)
It is fine to withhold information that has no bearing on your application. CIC allows you to choose what portions of your spouse's education, language score, work experience and/or Canadian relatives to be declared so that you may gain additional points for the same. Because it is a choice left to you, it is clear that CIC isn't asking for full disclosure on this part of the application in contrast with, say, Personal history where you're compelled to provide information and it isn't a choice.

Whatever documents you submit for this wouldn't increase/decrease your chances because they make no difference to your application.

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
Hi there guys,

I got to the documents list. I am a bit confused.

This is what I am supposed to provide:

Marriage License/Certificate (required)
Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple) (required)
Police Certificates (Multiple) (required)
Education Diplomas/Degrees (required)
Employment Records Management Trainee (required)
Digital Photo (required)
Proof of Medical Exam (required)
Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)

Optional Documents

My wife's Supporting Documents
Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple) (required)
Proof of Medical Exam (required)
Employment Records (required)
Education Diplomas/Degrees (required)
Digital Photo (required)
Police Certificates (Multiple) (required)

Now the confusing part.

1.My wife does not have any Canadian experience, and I have not claimed she has. Do I still have to provide her reference letter from her employer?
2. I have not lived more than 6 months in a row in any country except my home country. The instructions say "you must provide a police certificate for every country, region or territory, other than Canada, in which you lived for 6 months or more". Yet the instructions on the website say "You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18". This is my full travel history. Should I provide additional PCCs?

3. The employment records says "Employment Records Management Trainee (required)". A Management Trainee was my first job title. Do I still have to provide a reference of all my professional experience or just the one that is mentioned?
My wife first job title was also management trainee, but her part just says "Employment Records (required)".

Thanks for your help.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michal said:
Hi there guys,

I got to the documents list.

is the "Police Certificates (Multiple)" a generic information? I haven't lived in any country longer than 4months (except my citizenship country).

Generic message. Ignore if it doesn't apply in your case.

Also, the employment records says "Employment Records Management Trainee (required)". A Management Trainee was my first job title. I understand I have to provide a reference of all my professional experience. Why are they putting the name of my first job? My wife first job title was also management trainee, but her part just says "Employment Records (required)".

Many members are reporting some inconsistencies in their post ITA application. What has likely happened in your case is that only the first job seems to be displaying while the others have gone missing. Re-check your work history.

Thanks for your help.

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
Thanks!

I've edited my experience (clicked modify, then changed nothing, clicked save and add) and I now have only one row for experience without any additional title in it. Should I upload all my experience (6 letters) under this one row?

What about the police check and my wife experience. I've edited my previous post. Can you please comment?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michal said:
Hi there guys,

I got to the documents list. I am a bit confused.

1.My wife does not have any Canadian experience, and I have not claimed she has. Do I still have to provide her reference letter from her employer?

Not needed. You can remove her entire work history from your profile and you won't be asked for any documents.

2. I have not lived more than 6 months in a row in any country except my home country. The instructions say "you must provide a police certificate for every country, region or territory, other than Canada, in which you lived for 6 months or more". Yet the instructions on the website say "You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18". This is my full travel history. Should I provide additional PCCs?

No.

3. The employment records says "Employment Records Management Trainee (required)". A Management Trainee was my first job title. Do I still have to provide a reference of all my professional experience or just the one that is mentioned?
My wife first job title was also management trainee, but her part just says "Employment Records (required)".

Thanks for your help.