+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) current actual processing time

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TRV is for re-entry to Canada. Suppose you are visiting your homecontry and coming back to canada then you need TRV to enter here. PGWP doesn't allow re-entry to canada.
waynnad said:
To apply for TRV ? Why?

Isn't the PGWP letter alone sufficient to allow you to remain in Canada?

pjrestep

Mar 21, 2014
1. Yeah, thats normal. Mine took a day to update it properly. You should see it soon.

2. If you want to leave Canada and then re-enter, you will need the TRV. Work permit is not enough

waynnad said:
Just a couple of questions here.

1. I logged into myCIC account today and see that my PGWP application is approved but that's it. It did not specify till when the work permit is valid nor anything about a letter that will be mailed to me soon. Is this normal?

2. I realized that some posters on this thread mentioned that they need the PGWP to apply for their Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). As an international student who just graduated from 4 years of university here recently and have my PGWP approved, do I still need to apply for TRV to remain in Canada? Isn't the PGWP letter alone a valid reason for me to remain here?

spiderpig

Oct 22, 2013
Hi All,
Applied on June 8th
Approved on July 7th

I got a approval letter says a secure document has been mailed to me within 6 weeks. I wonder what is that? the paper work permit and a new visa? Do I need to send my passport somewhere to do more things?

Bad news is a strike will be held by Canada Post. It may affect the date I receive the mail. Sign! ??? ???

anyway, good luck guys!

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
They will just mail you the permit. TRV must be applied when you have the permit already.

AbdulMajid

Jan 28, 2016
HI

I Applied for TRV on 27th june. received passport request (to submit passport within 30 days) to visa office. but I am waiting for canada post to return to their normal routine work so that I can do so. Any one who is in the same boat? can you give me any advise? I am not sure if UPS or DHL do the prepaid return shippings. Canada post Xpress post is good in this but since it is on strike, I dont know how to proceed with it.

open to suggestions. please share your experiences too

thanks

mek85

Aug 5, 2015
Hi lakesh6,
spiderpig has posted up here that he/she applied pgwp on June 8 and approved on July 7.

viditmantri

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2014
IELTS Request
7.5 band
File Transfer...
24/07/2014
Med's Request
Uprfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
19/08/2014
LANDED..........
28/08/2014
I applied on 1st June and on the 29th got a message saying my file is being referred to the Etobicoke office and they will take the final decision. Anyone else in the same situation?

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
AbdulMajid said:
HI

I Applied for TRV on 27th june. received passport request (to submit passport within 30 days) to visa office. but I am waiting for canada post to return to their normal routine work so that I can do so. Any one who is in the same boat? can you give me any advise? I am not sure if UPS or DHL do the prepaid return shippings. Canada post Xpress post is good in this but since it is on strike, I dont know how to proceed with it.

thanks
I would check with UPS or DHL for a return option if you are in a hurry to get the Visa. Or else wait until the strike situation get sorted out. It might not even happen.

waynnad

May 27, 2016
God of war said:
TRV is for re-entry to Canada. Suppose you are visiting your homecontry and coming back to canada then you need TRV to enter here. PGWP doesn't allow re-entry to canada.
pjrestep said:
1. Yeah, thats normal. Mine took a day to update it properly. You should see it soon.2. If you want to leave Canada and then re-enter, you will need the TRV. Work permit is not enough
Okay cool! Thanks.

Typically how long will it take for the permit to arrive for in-Canada applicants?

nehway0912

Jun 17, 2016
AbdulMajid said:
HI

thanks
Same here. I sent in my passport using Purolator on June 29th. However, when I did so, the CIC page wasn't updated with new information about using private courier prepaid envelope so I included an Xpresspost envelope. Now my application has been approved. I have sent them an email asking if I could get it sent back to me using private courier and have it billed to me. I'm still waiting for their response tho. Hope I can get it back before August. The whole Cannada Post and CUPW mess is frustrating.

waynnad

May 27, 2016
Is there a loophole for the TRV application process like flagpoling does for PGWP ?

Could I just walk up to the border (with all my documents), pay the application fee and get the TRV right away?

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
waynnad said:
Is there a loophole for the TRV application process like flagpoling does for PGWP ?

Could I just walk up to the border (with all my documents), pay the application fee and get the TRV right away?
Nope