+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

pravin86

Jan 2, 2018
Does anyone know where I find another form to fill for extension on the interim letter?

My 120 days ends on Feb 11 and my employer is asking for another letter of extension or become a volunteer.
120 days is just an indicative number. You can work until decision is made.

cef09

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
CEC
I believe you would not be able to “volunteer” as you would take away “work” opportunity from a PR/citizen.

Show them the IRCC page that says you can still work even after the 120 days has lapsed on the AOR letter. If your employer is not satisfied then you may have to look for another job in the meantime.

Also, we are not able to request IRCC to issue a new extension receipt AFAIK.

Newiebabe

Jan 24, 2022
I believe you would not be able to “volunteer” as you would take away “work” opportunity from a PR/citizen.

Show them the IRCC page that says you can still work even after the 120 days has lapsed on the AOR letter. If your employer is not satisfied then you may have to look for another job in the meantime.

Also, we are not able to request IRCC to issue a new extension receipt AFAIK.
Thank you. I’ll do that. I pray we all exit this soon, it’s very depressing.

Caris30

Jan 24, 2022
Hi,
Anyone applied in October 2021 and got approval or review started ? Applied mine on Oct 4.
I saw one person 2 days ago who applied Oct 1 say they got their approval but since then i haven’t seen anyone else who applied in October say anything. I applied October 15th still waiting.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi,
Anyone applied in October 2021 and got approval or review started ? Applied mine on Oct 4.
you should hear within 2-3 weeks

A lot of Sep first week applicants got the PGWP in dec 2nd week while a lot got stuck and ended up getting it between Jan 10-15 date range

So 3 months + 10 days is a ballpark for you to start expecting based on current trends

Priya@90

Feb 4, 2022
you should hear within 2-3 weeks

A lot of Sep first week applicants got the PGWP in dec 2nd week while a lot got stuck and ended up getting it between Jan 10-15 date range

So 3 months + 10 days is a ballpark for you to start expecting based on current trends
Thank u