+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

ZezeB

Feb 3, 2022
Hi,
I have seen a few people comment here about their files being transfered to the Edmonton processing centre. Have you gotten a response yet? I applied in July 2021, got notified that my file has been transfered to Edmonton yesterday ( feb 02,2022). I am worried and confused

engrgladys

Apr 22, 2018
Hi,
I have seen a few people comment here about their files being transfered to the Edmonton processing centre. Have you gotten a response yet? I applied in July 2021, got notified that my file has been transfered to Edmonton yesterday ( feb 02,2022). I am worried and confused
I am also worried. Applied August no update yet. My employer is asking me to update my sin number today.

cef09

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
CEC
Any advice from you guys?
Honestly, you should be able to continue working on an expired SIN. I believe the maintained status should take effect until a decision is made on your application.

You can probably show this to your employer to ease it off.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html#sec1

All temporary residents have an automatically imposed condition that they must leave Canada at the end of their authorized period of stay. However, as per section R181, a temporary resident may apply to extend their period of authorized stay before it ends. If they have done so, their period of authorized stay as a temporary resident is extended by law until a decision is made [R183(5)]. Such a person is considered to have legal status as a temporary resident during the processing period.

My SIN has also expired and my employer hasn't bothered me since. I told them that the processing time has increased dramatically and once I receive my work permit, I will update my SIN the soonest. They seem to have been satisfied as I am not yet fired lol

Reactions: Yaheyj

OuO1998

Jan 25, 2022
I applied on Sep 21st, inland. But no updating/no reviewing. I saw many people were applied later than me but got a response. Does anyone the same as me? Feels so depressed.:(:(:(

Last edited:
Reactions: ns9

ns9

Jun 26, 2017
I applied on Sep 21st, inland. But no updating/no reviewing. I saw many people were applied later than me but got a response. Does anyone the same as me? Feels so depressed.:(:(:(
Yes, same situation.
I applied on 27th Sept, Toronto. But no update since.

Reactions: OuO1998

Newiebabe

Jan 24, 2022
Does anyone know where I find another form to fill for extension on the interim letter?

My 120 days ends on Feb 11 and my employer is asking for another letter of extension or become a volunteer.