+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

rip_city

Apr 15, 2018
Hello all
I have applied for my PGWP since May 25 2021 inside Canada and the status is showing that we have reviewing your eligibility for close to one month now .
The main problem is that I have a job that has told me that if I don’t have my work permit by November 15 2021 they may have to let me go
What would you suggest I do?
thanks for the help
Best of luck

andymro28

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
Hello all
I have applied for my PGWP since May 25 2021 inside Canada and the status is showing that we have reviewing your eligibility for close to one month now .
The main problem is that I have a job that has told me that if I don’t have my work permit by November 15 2021 they may have to let me go
What would you suggest I do?
thanks for the help
I am sure you will get it before that date.

KosVin

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Hi Guys, PLEASE HELP

I applied PGWP (outland from India) on Feb10, 2021. I still havent got any response. I asked someone from canada to call CIC on my behalf and they are getting no reponse.

Does anyone know how long it takes for outland these days? I am unable to find any job offers without a valid work permit. Please let me know if anyone on the same boat or got any response for outland application?

Username9331

Sep 21, 2021
Hi Guys, PLEASE HELP

I applied PGWP (outland from India) on Feb10, 2021. I still havent got any response. I asked someone from canada to call CIC on my behalf and they are getting no reponse.

Does anyone know how long it takes for outland these days? I am unable to find any job offers without a valid work permit. Please let me know if anyone on the same boat or got any response for outland application?
There are many of us here actually. I too applied for my PGWP from India on the 29th of January, 2021. I checked my account after 7th September with an update on the eligibility review (stating the eligibility review has started). There has been no update since

Reactions: KosVin

deimoseilhart

Sep 25, 2021
I just checked and my eligibility review started. I didn't get an email tho, I just checked my account and saw that
Update: approved. I just checked my account again and saw that it was approved. I didn't get an email again

Applied on July 8
Eligibility review started on Sep 29
Approval also on Sep 29

Good luck, everyone! Just hang tight, it's coming. And check your accounts even if you don't get emails, I didn't get any

ipkylie

Sep 29, 2021
I applied for my PGWP on the 9th of April 2021. I didn’t hear anything for weeks, but I continued working in the job I started in June. My PGWP got approved on the 16th of September 2021 (over 6 months later).
Why am I writing about this? Because I want to encourage people who have been waiting for sometime. As long as you fulfilled all the necessary requirements, don’t be worried. Your permit will be approved, just keep working and enjoying your ‘EXTRA’ time. :)
Thank you for your encouragement!! I applied inland 5th May, 2021, and am still waiting. They don't even review my application yet. I also called CIC and sent webform on the mid of August, however, the CIC agent said he can do nothing, aside asking me for keeping waiting. And no responses from the webform. This is really a stressful waiting time!
Your post really reassurance me!! Thank you so much!!
BTW, had your application been transferred to local immigration office, like Etobicoke?

ipkylie

Sep 29, 2021
Congratulations !!
I wonder why they took so long? Was your application transferred to Etobicoke or any other location for further processing?
Hi! Mine has been transferred to Etobicoke for processing, as it says on the letter. Does it really matter if the application is transferred?

zuxik649

Aug 18, 2021
Thank you for your encouragement!! I applied inland 5th May, 2021, and am still waiting. They don't even review my application yet. I also called CIC and sent webform on the mid of August, however, the CIC agent said he can do nothing, aside asking me for keeping waiting. And no responses from the webform. This is really a stressful waiting time!
Your post really reassurance me!! Thank you so much!!
BTW, had your application been transferred to local immigration office, like Etobicoke?
I applied May 7th inland and nothing yet too. Glad I am not alone.
I was loosing hope, but similar the agent just confirm to continue working and wait. Nothing to do.

esnmrdi

Aug 19, 2021
I applied May 7th inland and nothing yet too. Glad I am not alone.
I was loosing hope, but similar the agent just confirm to continue working and wait. Nothing to do.
Just to increase the stress level in the forum :eek::eek::p, I applied on May 19th outland (for myself, my wife, and my 4-yo daughter) and I am still waiting as well (however, eligibility review started about a month ago for all three of us).

Tania TSN

Jun 29, 2021
Congrats! Did you receive an email saying eligibility started?
I received 2 emails on the 29th only. The first was saying that there was an update on my application (the approved status). The second was saying that si had an unread message which was the letter that certified that I was approved and that my PGWP was sent by mail.