+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

vinay1801

Jul 29, 2021
Hey,

I applied May 19th (inland) and there's no movement yet. I wasn't working full time then but i started working in June. Am I supposed to let IRCC know that I started working? I left the employment part blank when I filled out the PGWP forms.
No, you're good. We just have to wait for a little longer. I applied on May 21 and even the eligibility review hasn't started for me

Reactions: micjean

andymro28

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
Hey,

I applied May 19th (inland) and there's no movement yet. I wasn't working full time then but i started working in June. Am I supposed to let IRCC know that I started working? I left the employment part blank when I filled out the PGWP forms.
you don’t have to fill the employment part as your main occupation in Canada was full time student. So employer is the school you attended to and your occupation was full time student.
you can start working full time whenever your application is sent until a decision is made on your case.
No, you do not need to inform them.

M6066

Aug 1, 2021
Hello all,
I applied pgwp on july 7th 2021 in canada and travelled to india. I have a study permit and vissa until nov 30 2021.
Can i now travel back to canada with the same study permit and vissa.

Leh98

Jul 19, 2021
Hello all,
I applied pgwp on july 7th 2021 in canada and travelled to india. I have a study permit and vissa until nov 30 2021.
Can i now travel back to canada with the same study permit and vissa.
yes you can! as long as your visa is still valid as that will allow you to enter the country. since you applied for the work permit you have implied status.

Dilpreet435

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Hey, i want to ask that i worked full time during semester in essential service during covid when rules were relaxed for permitted hrs to work , will this cause any trouble in pgwp application? How would officer know that my work was indeed in essential service.?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hey, i want to ask that i worked full time during semester in essential service during covid when rules were relaxed for permitted hrs to work , will this cause any trouble in pgwp application? How would officer know that my work was indeed in essential service.?
Won’t be an issue, IRCC can find out easily.

Dilpreet435

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Won’t be an issue, IRCC can find out easily.
Hey , thx for reply , “ircc can find out easily” , can you please elaborate how can they, i do have a letter that was sent to me by my HR saying “we are essential business “ but i is dated on MID-NOVEMBER , but i worked for the same company throughout. Is that okay?

Leh98

Jul 19, 2021
Hey , thx for reply , “ircc can find out easily” , can you please elaborate how can they, i do have a letter that was sent to me by my HR saying “we are essential business “ but i is dated on MID-NOVEMBER , but i worked for the same company throughout. Is that okay?
They'll find out through your SIN which is linked to your UCI (shown on your permit). I wouldn't worry about it though. PGWP processing are taking forever because of the sheer amount of applications submitted around this time.

Reactions: Dilpreet435

rajbir76

Star Member
Jun 13, 2021
my study complete in april 16 2021 am apply my pgwp from india on 27 may 2021 and am enter canada with my valid visa on 27 july. now am worried i think apply pgwp inside canada with restore my stauts and withdraw my old file please tell me about this it right or not please help