+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
I and my friend both applied on May 2 (graduated from the same program), and we didn't receive any updates yet. However, my friend's girlfriend has also applied the same day (graduated from a different program) and got her approval on May 21st.
Where did they apply from? What province?

sandee1982

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Today I got an OIPNP invitation to apply while am waiting for my PGWP approval, is there any chance for refusal due to the invitation?
Hi Vibin, are you planing to submit the application on your own or will take someones help. I too got the invitation and now wondering whether to do it myself or take any agents help.

JVF

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Hello @VibinJoby and @sandee1982 ,

I was just wondering what are your program? I was supposed to apply for the new pathway for international graduates to PR but I don't have my English Proficiency exam yet so I ended up just applying for PGWP.

I want to apply for PR but I don't know other options I can take? Is the Provincial Nominee depends on your work and is it something that you apply for? Or is it something that immigration sends you an invitation to apply? I also see other people who got PR invitation through CEC.

Appreciate your help on this. Thank you!

VibinJoby

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
Hello @VibinJoby and @sandee1982 ,

I was just wondering what are your program? I was supposed to apply for the new pathway for international graduates to PR but I don't have my English Proficiency exam yet so I ended up just applying for PGWP.

I want to apply for PR but I don't know other options I can take? Is the Provincial Nominee depends on your work and is it something that you apply for? Or is it something that immigration sends you an invitation to apply? I also see other people who got PR invitation through CEC.

Appreciate your help on this. Thank you!
The PR for the international graduate stream is already filled and closed unless you're a healthcare worker / an essential worker with a minimum of 1 year of experience, you can't apply for the time being but English proficiency is mandatory no matter what stream you opt for, be it PNP/CEC, etc
So try to have them first
PNP stream which I applied for is specific to international graduates which Is scored based on our CLB score in language results, our job offer and the amount of pay we have as well as bit of experience and there are lot of other factors which they consider for scoring
If you fall under the cut off, you might get an invite

LavishHanda

Mar 11, 2018
most of my friends applied in the last days of April have already received the work permit. Me and another friend applied on May 1 and still haven't heard anything from IRCC.

Reactions: Dhrumil shah

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
most of my friends applied in the last days of April have already received the work permit. Me and another friend applied on May 1 and still haven't heard anything from IRCC.
What part of Canada did they apply from? The good news is that people from the end of April have already received the work permit, so using that information we can predict that your application isn't far behind. I applied on the 11th so we should be expecting something soon.

VibinJoby

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
What part of Canada did they apply from? The good news is that people from the end of April have already received the work permit, so using that information we can predict that your application isn't far behind. I applied on the 11th so we should be expecting something soon.
hope your words turn true I applied on may 5th and in queue

Reactions: Dhrumil shah