+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

pamela21

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Hi, I applied for pgwp on May 5. I am still waiting. My spouse's work permit will expire on June 30th. Can I apply sowp for my spouse without waiting for my application result?

pampoum

May 17, 2021
Hi,
I applied on March 23 2021 from Quebec, eligibility review started on April 29.
no part-time semesters, no transfers, or anything else that complicates the application
Still waiting for a decision to be made
Hi,

So I just saw on my portal that my application was approved today (2021/05/25 ). I did not receive an email notification or even the digital version of the PGWP.

2 years of validity. My passport expires in 2023, after its renewal I'll probably be able to extend the permit for an additional year

I wish you all good luck, don't give up and be patient

Reactions: captainarabiia

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi,

So I just saw on my portal that my application was approved today (2021/05/25 ). I did not receive an email notification or even the digital version of the PGWP.

2 years of validity. My passport expires in 2023, after its renewal I'll probably be able to extend the permit for an additional year

Congrats !!!!

Reactions: pampoum

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
Th
Hi,

Thats great news! It took you almost 9 weeks to get a PGWP that is crazy!

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
not that crazy, the processing time is 43 days now so it's actually about what cic promised lmao
63 days is what is in 9 weeks, its 20 days above what they quoted. (Which is almost 3 weeks in case you couldn't do the math) Plus that is right now, two weeks ago this was 36 days, so back in March it was definitely lower, due to less people graduating at that time. LMAO

testaccountcv

Dec 25, 2020
63 days is what is in 9 weeks, its 20 days above what they quoted. (Which is almost 3 weeks in case you couldn't do the math) Plus that is right now, two weeks ago this was 36 days, so back in March it was definitely lower, due to less people graduating at that time. LMAO
oh yea I forgot they count weekends too

VibinJoby

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
Today I got an OIPNP invitation to apply while am waiting for my PGWP approval, is there any chance for refusal due to the invitation?

Catpaws14

Star Member
Sep 3, 2017
Today I got an OIPNP invitation to apply while am waiting for my PGWP approval, is there any chance for refusal due to the invitation?
No. I am a dependent under my partner's PR application.

I applied bridging for her and she got approved (1 year extension to her open work permit from my study permit). Meanwhile, I lodged PGWP. UCI number is unique to you - so if you apply for PR they will be able to see that you have a PGWP application too as it is the same number to your PR application UCI number. To remain you need a valid status, therefore PGWP for now and once you are approved your status change to permanent. Regardless, IRCC is aware that you are planning to stay long-term basis of current immigration programs they've released to accommodate international students to transition to permanent residency.

Good luck!

VibinJoby

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
No. I am a dependent under my partner's PR application.

I applied bridging for her and she got approved (1 year extension to her open work permit from my study permit). Meanwhile, I lodged PGWP. UCI number is unique to you - so if you apply for PR they will be able to see that you have a PGWP application too as it is the same number to your PR application UCI number. To remain you need a valid status, therefore PGWP for now and once you are approved your status change to permanent. Regardless, IRCC is aware that you are planning to stay long-term basis of current immigration programs they've released to accommodate international students to transition to permanent residency.

Good luck!
Awesome thank you