+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
yes, alone and my eligibility shows as "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."
Is that the same for you as well?

Same.
I guess we got a huge influx of people in May lol.
I applied May 18th.

czera

Mar 1, 2021
the funny part is people applying after me, have already got the work permit hard copy in hand and I am still waiting for the approval
I and my friend both applied on May 2 (graduated from the same program), and we didn't receive any updates yet. However, my friend's girlfriend has also applied the same day (graduated from a different program) and got her approval on May 21st.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I and my friend both applied on May 2 (graduated from the same program), and we didn't receive any updates yet. However, my friend's girlfriend has also applied the same day (graduated from a different program) and got her approval on May 21st.
That means different officers working on different application. Could be your friend’s application landed on VO who either had few applications left before your friend or had applications that are self sufficient not to take more time to do verification etc. In your case then, may be an officer has backlogs to work on…

VibinJoby

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
yep that's the thing, not sure what basis officers choose the application
I believe it's random

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
PGWP extension application due to expiring passport:

Paper application received: April 7th, 2021
Linked to GCKEY: May 4th, 2021
Approved: May 26th, 2021

Got additional 2 years.