+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Manpreet040999

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Maybe that’s why? I honestly don’t know how things work. I submitted a LOE as well.
I read some weird things like it takes so long time when file gets tranferred to etobicoke. I am worried if it crosses 180 days from my graduation date i wouldn't be able to apply for pgwp again if the current one doesn't get approved ( i dont know why i have this bugging me since my file got transferred ). Lets hope for some good news.

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
No none of their files got transferred, only mine. They got straight approval after eligibility review.
I applied from ontario.
From what I have seen on the forum, the file getting transferred to Etobicoke is not a great sign and has mostly resulted in extended processing times.

I would suggest that you and @Barnana apply for GCMS notes just in case. If you are inside Canada, you can apply under the Privacy Act for free. It will take a month to get the GCMS notes back, and if you get your final decision before that, well and good. Or else, you will at least know what is going on from the GCMS notes.

Barnana

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
I read some weird things like it takes so long time when file gets tranferred to etobicoke. I am worried if it crosses 180 days from my graduation date i wouldn't be able to apply for pgwp again if the current one doesn't get approved ( i dont know why i have this bugging me since my file got transferred ). Lets hope for some good news.
Damn now I’m worried too. My file doesn’t say that eligibility started. I hope it doesn’t take long.

Barnana

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
From what I have seen on the forum, the file getting transferred to Etobicoke is not a great sign and has mostly resulted in extended processing times.

I would suggest that you and @Barnana apply for GCMS notes just in case. If you are inside Canada, you can apply under the Privacy Act for free. It will take a month to get the GCMS notes back, and if you get your final decision before that, well and good. Or else, you will at least know what is going on from the GCMS notes.
What’s a GCMS note?

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
What’s a GCMS note?
GCMS stands for Global Case Management System. GCMS notes are the notes made by the case officer processing your application. That will clearly show you what stage the application is in right now and the factors that went into the case officer making a certain decision on your application. It was very helpful for me when I re-applied for my study permit after my first study permit refusal.

This link will take you to the page to apply:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

This thread will explain the process to apply:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/

You should be able to find videos on Youtube about how to apply for them too.

Last edited:

mikefox299

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015

Are you sure it's free? Can I order one for a friend of mine? He's outside of Canada but I'm in Canada

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Are you sure it's free? Can I order one for a friend of mine? He's outside of Canada but I'm in Canada
If you are applying for yourself and you are in Canada, it is free under the Privacy Act. If you are applying for your friend, you will have to order it under Access to Information and Privacy. They charge 5 dollars for that and your friend will have to sign a consent form authorizing you to make the request.

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
A friend of mine applied on September 14th and got approval today morning. Hoping that they clear all September applicants before Christmas.