+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Xeto1993

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
I dont know whats going on, i applied on 5th i didnt get any update and people who applied on 6th ,9th or even 15th are getting approvals , what to do , very tensed
I applied on 5th too. I havent got any updates yet. If i do i will keep you posted

kenex

Jan 16, 2020
Yey, PGWP and children's' visitor records approved today, eligibility started yesterday! Applied September 1st. I'm so happy! Now we need my husband's OWP approval ;-) Thanks you for sharing people! It gave me hope.
Congrats! Did you submit both your PGWP and your husband's SOWP together? asking because I think SOWP should be backed by a valid work permit from your side.

huey93

May 21, 2016
Just received confirmation of approval.

Applied: September 10th
Eligibility Review Started: December 5th
Approved: December 8th

PGWP valid until December 5th, 2023. So relieved to see this. I was denied a PGWP in 2018, forcing me to either leave or go back to school. I finished the diploma this year and reapplied getting approval today.

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016

PGWP valid until December 5th, 2023. So relieved to see this. I was denied a PGWP in 2018, forcing me to either leave or go back to school. I finished the diploma this year and reapplied getting approval today.
Congratulations! All the best with your future!

Reactions: huey93

fatfatsheep

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020

Congrats! I heard that we can only apply for PGWP once in lifetime. Is it not true and we could actually re-apply? And can you share what the reason was for your first time refusal? Did they give you a 3-year work permit counting your previous study experience before 2018 or only based on your new diploma study? Thanks!

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Congrats! I heard that we can only apply for PGWP once in lifetime. Is it not true and we could actually re-apply? And can you share what the reason was for your first time refusal? Did they give you a 3-year work permit counting your previous study experience before 2018 or only based on your new diploma study? Thanks!
You can only be issued a PGWP once in a lifetime. You can re-apply multiple times though. But if you exceed the 180-day limit, you will have to complete another course just like the OP did and then re-apply for PGWP.

Barnana

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020

Congratulations!!
Why was your application rejected the first time though?

huey93

May 21, 2016
Like santzapaul said, the rule is one issue per lifetime. If denied, you're allowed to apply again. I lost a co-op job and then requested a certificate from my school as I had the required credits. The school issued a certificate, but since I earned those credits over 180 days ago my certificate was dated over that limit. I switched schools to complete the requirements for a diploma and applied as soon as the transcripts arrived, letting me get approved this time.

My completion letter said the diploma course was a two year program despite me completing it in less due to credit transfer, so I'm assuming that's why my PGWP was issued for three years. I did three semesters at my current school with the final semester part-time.

fatfatsheep

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
Like santzapaul said, the rule is one issue per lifetime. If denied, you're allowed to apply again. I lost a co-op job and then requested a certificate from my school as I had the required credits. The school issued a certificate, but since I earned those credits over 180 days ago my certificate was dated over that limit. I switched schools to complete the requirements for a diploma and applied as soon as the transcripts arrived, letting me get approved this time.

My completion letter said the diploma course was a two year program despite me completing it in less due to credit transfer, so I'm assuming that's why my PGWP was issued for three years. I did three semesters at my current school with the final semester part-time.
Thanks for the details and congrats again!

Reactions: huey93

superpixel

Apr 19, 2018
Guys, I just changed my address (to another Canadian address). How do I update my pgwp address so that the wp will get to my new address mailbox? I'm supposed to use webform, correct?