+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

UAEng123

Jun 9, 2020
Does anyone know how the in Canada component of the PGWP is calculated. Website says for courses over 12 months, courses completed in Canada shall be atleast 50%. It explicitly mentions courses. What about masters thesis? Do they assess on number of credits in Canada or number or courses? So is a thesis considered as 1 course?

hackerman2020

Sep 2, 2020
Does anyone know how the in Canada component of the PGWP is calculated. Website says for courses over 12 months, courses completed in Canada shall be atleast 50%. It explicitly mentions courses. What about masters thesis? Do they assess on number of credits in Canada or number or courses? So is a thesis considered as 1 course?
Probably the wrong thread to ask as people in this thread are most likely not affected by these measures.

Wow, it really looks like May applicants won't get decisions before November.
Maybe, but it may be earlier as CPC Edmonton could shift their focus from trying to clear the backlog of study permit applicants before the add/drop deadlines to instead returning to their usual duties of clearing the backlog of in-Canada SP/WP applicants. Don't quote me on that, just speculating. They managed to process almost 26,000 PGWP applicants over April, May and June 2020 (vs about 28,000 applications same time last year) [source] despite the entire operation going remote and a big portion of the applications not being processed due to biometrics. I can't get the numbers on the size of the backlog, but I believe a significant portion of May/June applicants got quick approvals if their biometrics were already on file, which means things should speed up once they reach May/June applicants.

Reactions: fakelucio

Randp

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Wow, it really looks like May applicants won't get decisions before November.
So true .... never expected it would tk so long. I had dedinitely read some posts of ppl from previous year that they got it approved after 7 months and never had thought this would befall on me too. Its actually frustrating .... they havent started any april ones I guess. Lets hope for the best now.

Eagletowers

Jan 1, 2020
Has anyone who submitted their application from outside of Canada in February/March and provided biometrics been approved?
I applied from outside of Canada my file is being processed in Kenya.. A request for my Medicals came in March and I passed the medicals and I had biometrics done while I was in Canada.. nothing has been updated on my profile since March. Still waiting.

what’s your situation?

KRIS 2012

Aug 18, 2013
I applied on papers (Edmonton )to change the conditions on my PGWP.
I took medical exams because I want to work in an health field occupation.
My application was received on 13th July 2020.
Any one with same case knows the processing time?
Anyone applied on paper to change the conditions from inside Canada and got approved ?
Thank you

Ajay. Goyal

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019
I applied on papers (Edmonton )to change the conditions on my PGWP.
I took medical exams because I want to work in an health field occupation.
My application was received on 13th July 2020.
Any one with same case knows the processing time?
Anyone applied on paper to change the conditions from inside Canada and got approved ?
Thank you
I have applied on 31st July.

Mann Sandhu

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Hi I applied for pgwp on 28 june and still waiting. Any idea how long will it take? Anybody else applied in june without biometrics??