+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

TanKin

Jun 20, 2016
I reapplied on June 10. June 11 eligibility started for SPE and PGWP1. June 12 I got approved on the website, June 13 received approval letter and documents were mailed.
However, they also started eligibility review on my PGWP2 application on June 13 and approved it on June 14, the next day they mailed it to me. I sent web form couple days ago to make sure everything is ok. I will most likely be returning 2nd PGWP back to CIC once I receive it in the mail.
As many times I called CIC they were telling me that if I reapply it's gonna delay everything. In my case, it was the best thing I did in the last 5 months even though I lost those $255 for the second application.
I cannot recommend to do it or not as every case is different, that's just my story
That's great! It's just frustrating when you are waiting for a while and it seem like that is the most likely option for a fast reply. Fully understand, it may not be the same for me, that's my concern restarting the wheel and prolonging the process. Thanks for the update and congrats!

TanKin

Jun 20, 2016
Hi guys,
I will be applying for PGWP. Should I use my official transcripts or the printed unofficial transcripts? Official transcripts will take weeks to get delivered to my house. What you suggest?
You can use an official transcript , or a copy of your transcript from your school's website should be sufficient.

Harjotsingh1999

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Hlo everyone,
I was wondering the official transcript and graduation letter doesn’t show the start and date of Summer/Winter Schedule Breaks. Than how IRCC will know when was my schedule break? Anyone have any knowledge regarding this? Thansk

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Hlo everyone,
I was wondering the official transcript and graduation letter doesn’t show the start and date of Summer/Winter Schedule Breaks. Than how IRCC will know when was my schedule break? Anyone have any knowledge regarding this? Thansk
My transcript and PGWP letter don't show the dates either. I was told by my uni's international advisor that if there were no scheduled breaks then that would be written on the letter. Since the letter only mentions the terms of the program then it means that the program includes scheduled winter and summer breaks.

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has experience with this - my current passport doesn't have Canadian stamp for my latest entry to Canada, since Pearson airport is using primary inspection kiosks to verify your identity these days when you enter Canada. When I submitted my current passport copy, I did include the page that shows stamps done by authorities from my home country. These stamps showed the dates when I entered and left my home country. Would the lack of Canadian stamps result in a problem?? I'm really worried.

Also since the passport requirement is asking for pages from "current, valid passport", I did not upload my expired passport. My expired passport had some stamps, and two Canadian Temporary Resident Visas on them but they were all expired for more than two years already. Is there anyone with similar experience who can confirm we don't need to upload pages from expired/cancelled passport?

I really appreciate if someone can answer the above two questions!

callmekiis

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
23-01-2021
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has experience with this - my current passport doesn't have Canadian stamp for my latest entry to Canada, since Pearson airport is using primary inspection kiosks to verify your identity these days when you enter Canada. When I submitted my current passport copy, I did include the page that shows stamps done by authorities from my home country. These stamps showed the dates when I entered and left my home country. Would the lack of Canadian stamps result in a problem?? I'm really worried.

Also since the passport requirement is asking for pages from "current, valid passport", I did not upload my expired passport. My expired passport had some stamps, and two Canadian Temporary Resident Visas on them but they were all expired for more than two years already. Is there anyone with similar experience who can confirm we don't need to upload pages from expired/cancelled passport?

I really appreciate if someone can answer the above two questions!
i donot think so. POE sometimes does not stamp on the passport. IRCC should understands this. But if you have concerns just also include the old passport.

Reactions: fakelucio