+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

k.karina

Feb 6, 2020
December 29 - Applied for Study Permit Extension
December 31 - Study Permit / Visa expired
February 5 - Applied for PGWP
March 13 - Did biometrics
June 10 - Re-applied for PGWP with a huge letter explaining that I've been waiting for almost half a year
June 11 - Correspondence letter and eligibility review started for SPE and PGWP1

I hope I'll get the decision soon

Reactions: hhzara

sxia

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
Just got approval. So guys, sharing the timelines here
PGWP applied- 15 december, 2019
Biometrics submitted- 23 december, 2019
Approved- 9 June, 2020
Almost after 170 days of wait :)
Hi guys,

I applied with biometrics on June 3 2020
Correspondence letter -june 08 2020
Approval- june 11 2020.

I hope you guys receive fast. Keep it tight.
Hi, did you give PGWP outside of Canada? I don't see any location in Canada that I can give my Biometrics.

vish1322

May 1, 2020
Yes, its super frustrating (as you should know) I have a full time job and my permit expires soon, so my concern is that I will lose the job if I dont receive the final decision in time.
Even then its fine, if your study permit expires and after that you are working, its absolutely fine as you are on implied status. I was also having a full time job and I worked for about 3 months on implied status or you can say I worked for 3 months full time after expiration of my study permit. Because it is not your fault, it is something immigration is taking time. You can just let your employer know that you are eligible to wok full time even if your study permit expired.
I hope this helps.

Reactions: TanKin

k.karina

Feb 6, 2020
June 10 - Re-applied for PGWP with a huge letter explaining that I've been waiting for almost half a year
June 11 - Correspondence letter and eligibility review started for SPE and PGWP1

Got PGWP approved today! Almost half a year without status.. good luck everyone!

Reactions: sxia and hhzara

retardsingh

Jun 14, 2020
Hi All.
May 14- applied
May 15 - Biometric Collection Letter
June 8- gave Biometrics at vac(in-person,outlands)
June 13(? dont know Date exactly) - "We are reviewing your eligibility"

can anyone advice? i did not get recieved biometric correspondence ltr. when can i approved? thanks!!!!

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hi guys, I recently submitted my PGWP application at the end of May and I'm not if I made a mistake in IMM5710e or not.
In the section 6 Details of intended work in Canada, according to the official guide by CIC(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5580-applying-work-permit-student-guide.html#complete), if you chose "Open work permit" or post-graduation work permit no information is required for question: 2,3,4,5,6,7,8. So I left these questions blank.
Now I've seen other people filling in these questions by writing down things like "To Be Determined" and they gave the duration of expected employment from the day they applied for PGWP to 3 years into the future.
Now I'm just very worried if these questions should actually be filled - would I be rejected cause I left these questions blank? Sorry about the rambling, I'm panic about it even though the CIC guide said no information is required for these questions in the case of PGWP. I'd appreciate it if someone can confirm this is not a big deal?

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Now I'm just very worried if these questions should actually be filled - would I be rejected cause I left these questions blank? Sorry about the rambling, I'm panic about it even though the CIC guide said no information is required for these questions in the case of PGWP. I'd appreciate it if someone can confirm this is not a big deal?
Don't worry, the instructions tell us to leave those fields blank for PGWP, so you're fine. The people filling it up with random information are the ones doing it "wrong". I also went to an advising session at my university and they told us to leave it blank.
If you validated the form at the end and it gave you the bar codes, you're good to go. It wouldn't validate if you were missing anything mandatory.

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Don't worry, the instructions tell us to leave those fields blank for PGWP, so you're fine. The people filling it up with random information are the ones doing it "wrong". I also went to an advising session at my university and they told us to leave it blank.
If you validated the form at the end and it gave you the bar codes, you're good to go. It wouldn't validate if you were missing anything mandatory.
Thank you friend - I have been so freaking out about it because I worry they will reject my application because they think my application incomplete... Maybe I should've written down N/A instead of leaving them blank.. I did validate the form in the end and there was a barcode generated successfully. I suppose I'm just overthinking too much?

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Thank you friend - I have been so freaking out about it because I worry they will reject my application because they think my application incomplete... Maybe I should've written down N/A instead of leaving them blank.. I did validate the form in the end and there was a barcode generated successfully. I suppose I'm just overthinking too much?
Yeah, don't worry, an incomplete application wouldn't validate.
Those fields are for work permits that require a job offer before you can apply, which isn't the case for PGWP.

TanKin

Jun 20, 2016

Please provide update! I am considering reapplying as well, I applied in January and still awaiting a final decision while I'm seeing people having turn around time in 2 weeks or less.