+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

MR12

Aug 26, 2019
Hi Guys,

I thought of sharIng the timeline of my spouse’s open work permit extension. I applied for her OWP extension along with our kid's visitors record extension on October 30th, 2019 and it was approved online today. Their application was submitted while I was waiting for my PGWP with an explanation letter.

I'm assuming it would take 2 to 3 weeks to receive the paper copy of their permits. Bottom line: If you fulfilled the eligibility requirements and submitted all the necessary documents, you will get the permit.
Congratulations. I applied for PGWP after PhD on Aug 29, mine still has not processed yet. Also, my dependent applied for WP extension with explanation letter in October last week, so far we did not get any update on our case. Did you apply for PGWP after PhD/master program?, You and your dependent submitted applications together ?. How long did it take for you and your dependent for work permits?
Thank you

garap

Dec 20, 2016
Congratulations. I applied for PGWP after PhD on Aug 29, mine still has not processed yet. Also, my dependent applied for WP extension with explanation letter in October last week, so far we did not get any update on our case. Did you apply for PGWP after PhD/master program?, You and your dependent submitted applications together ?. How long did it take for you and your dependent for work permits?
Thank you
I applied for the PGWP after graduating from a Masters program. No, we did not submit our applications together; I submitted my PGWP on September 6th, 2019 and was approved on December 6th, 2019. My wife's application was submitted on October 30th, 2019 and was approved January 27th, 2020.

kaur_nav001

Jan 28, 2020
Hello
My friend is doing computing studies in DLI and she has one semester with 2 courses and 6.5 credits. Does it affects to get post graduate work permit.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hello
My friend is doing computing studies in DLI and she has one semester with 2 courses and 6.5 credits. Does it affects to get post graduate work permit.
If she was part time & it wasnt her last semester than she doesn't qualify for PGWP according to the rules.

Cynthia93

Jul 18, 2016
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra VFS
App. Filed.......
16/09/2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
13/01/2017
Med's Done....
18/01/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Already Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
26/01/2017
LANDED..........
22/04/2017

MR12

Aug 26, 2019
In last 5 months, did any PhD graduates apply for PGWP? any of you got approval ?
Could you please share your timeline
. Some of PhD graduates, who applied in Aug still didnot get any update on their PGWP.

Thakur020

Jan 28, 2020
Have some words of encouragement,
I got work permit today after 8 months.
Ist refusal on 13th September due to missing official transcript and study permit got expired on 31st of August 2019 after that i went to restoration
I applied on 23rd sept. And did paper application and paid 455$ restore status as a worker and got refusal on 18th December due to not valid study permit and my file went on reconsideration on 27th December and reconsideration was denied on 7th January and again I requested them to reconsider my case again on the same day and my file was reconsidered on 16 January and today 28th January i got my work permit.
Feel free to ask questions related to this.

Reactions: Miracle2018

Alishah 123

Oct 31, 2019
Firstly congratulations brother, i dont understand the fact why they are asking for valid study permit and new rules say we don't require valid study permit for pgwp ..so did you pay 150$ for study permit

Thakur020

Jan 28, 2020
Yes according to new rules we didn’t required but they refused so many cases after they demanded 150 $ to pay now onwards we have to restore as a student also