+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Jan 20, 2020
Hi,

I have the following situation:

1) I arrived in Canada in May 2019 and obtained my study permit for a 2 years Masters Program. Once I realized that its gonna be bit intensive than regular Fall and Winter, I informed my university that I need an extension for a year upto Spring/Summar 2020, which I obtained from the university ( the Uni is listed as a DLI). After two weeks of staying in Canada without formally registering for classes, I returned home. FYI, I didnt apply for SIN nor did work during this two weeks.

2) In December 2019, I came again and this time, I obtained my SIN, made payments to my university to register myself for the classes in Winter 2020 term. I intend to finish it within 2 years by taking minimum number of courses required for international students.

3) My question is, since I didnt officially initiate my studies before Winter 2020 and after entering Canada in May 2019, I left the country within two weeks w/out working, would I be eligible for PGWP when I finish my studies?

Your insight would lift a lot of stress.

And finally, as an aside, what is flagpoling?

Thanks in advance for patient reading and perhaps helping me to alleviate my concerns.

P.s. As I didn’t want to change my ticket date in May, I just travelled inside Canada to pass the 15 days.

jvnjie

Oct 22, 2019
Hi guys! Finally, we have our visas approved! my husband's PGWP and mine (spouse)

Applied on: Oct 28
Processed on: Jan 22
Approved on: Jan 22
Province: ON

Good luck everybody!
Congratulations! A quick question. Did you log in to your account and get the update or you read it from the email they sent you?

Reactions: Lbatallanos

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Hi,

I have the following situation:

1) I arrived in Canada in May 2019 and obtained my study permit for a 2 years Masters Program. Once I realized that its gonna be bit intensive than regular Fall and Winter, I informed my university that I need an extension for a year upto Spring/Summar 2020, which I obtained from the university ( the Uni is listed as a DLI). After two weeks of staying in Canada without formally registering for classes, I returned home. FYI, I didnt apply for SIN nor did work during this two weeks.

2) In December 2019, I came again and this time, I obtained my SIN, made payments to my university to register myself for the classes in Winter 2020 term. I intend to finish it within 2 years by taking minimum number of courses required for international students.

3) My question is, since I didnt officially initiate my studies before Winter 2020 and after entering Canada in May 2019, I left the country within two weeks w/out working, would I be eligible for PGWP when I finish my studies?

Your insight would lift a lot of stress.

And finally, as an aside, what is flagpoling?

Thanks in advance for patient reading and perhaps helping me to alleviate my concerns.

P.s. As I didn’t want to change my ticket date in May, I just travelled inside Canada to pass the 15 days.
You posted in the wrong forum.

There should not be any problem for PGWP in the facts and circumstances stated by you . But do explain the same clearly while filing the pgwp application . Remember to stop working part time moment the university deems you to have passed . You can again start working when you apply for PGWP.

Cynthia93

Jul 18, 2016
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra VFS
App. Filed.......
16/09/2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
13/01/2017
Med's Done....
18/01/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Already Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
26/01/2017
LANDED..........
22/04/2017
Hi guys! Finally, we have our visas approved! my husband's PGWP and mine (spouse)

Applied on: Oct 28
Processed on: Jan 22
Approved on: Jan 22
Province: ON

Good luck everybody!
Congratulations
Please did you include your 3 months Payslip
Is Your Job under NOC O, A or B

Reactions: Lbatallanos

Eagletowers

Jan 1, 2020
I applied on 8th October I called IRCC, I was told my application was transferred to another department for processing. I called the number he gave me and the lady said that I will be contacted this week.. well I’m still waiting.
What did the lady say was the reason for your application to be transferred ?
They said they wanted to get more information from that department

So long story short I got a refusal letter
Reason: I do not have a valid job offer so I’m not eligible
So I sent a web form with a link to PGWP requirement stating that I do not need a job offer..
After 2 day my file status was changed to “we are Checking to see if you meet the eligibility requirements” I am just shocked I had to send a link for them to know the eligibility requirements.
Just wow

AffanMustafa

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
I've been issued a visa due to late issuance of visa i've deferred till next intake. Currently the deffered program is same as one at the time i applied for visa but if i want to change that program now within same college will it create any issue for study permit issuance when i will land Canada?

Lbatallanos

Aug 7, 2019
Hi guys, has anyone tried applying for a TRV with "In Canada Approval Letter" instead of attaching a scan of the PGWP?

It is taking a while now for my PGWP to arrive at my Canadian address by mail, and I need a TRV asap to re-enter Canada.

Any help will be very appreciated.
Hi did you find any solution? I'm on the same boat

Nosyllek

Nov 24, 2019
They said they wanted to get more information from that department

So long story short I got a refusal letter
Reason: I do not have a valid job offer so I’m not eligible
So I sent a web form with a link to PGWP requirement stating that I do not need a job offer..
After 2 day my file status was changed to “we are Checking to see if you meet the eligibility requirements” I am just shocked I had to send a link for them to know the eligibility requirements.
Just wow
Did you state in your application you had a job offer?