+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Santhu7878

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Hi Guys,

After long wait today i decided to go to border for PGWP.

I applied my PGWP on august 27 and started working full time. My spouse visa will expire on november 30, 2019 and she is working as a supervisor in tim hortons.

We started from kitchener at 5 am and reached peace bridge, fort erie at 7:50 am. I was bit tensed when i was in US customs bcoz i dont have US visa. I told them, we were here for flagpole. Their we waited for 20 min and they gave us a document and redirected to canada border. Here we waited for 3 hours and finally got my turn. The officer asked me about the transcripts. i handed it to him and saying that i am working full time and here are my payslips. Then immediately he asked how can you are working on student permit. I told him, i have applied my pgwp on 27th august then started working full time. Then he said my spouse about her job details. Thats it. He asked us to pay fee which is 340 per person and noted that if in case your work permit rejected, you will not get the money refunded. I said ok. Then immedialtly he took the biometrics of mine and my spouse and approved 3 years of work permit to both of us. Everything went smooth and officers are super friendly.

RK93

Aug 16, 2019
Hi Guys,

After long wait today i decided to go to border for PGWP.

I applied my PGWP on august 27 and started working full time. My spouse visa will expire on november 30, 2019 and she is working as a supervisor in tim hortons.

We started from kitchener at 5 am and reached peace bridge, fort erie at 7:50 am. I was bit tensed when i was in US customs bcoz i dont have US visa. I told them, we were here for flagpole. Their we waited for 20 min and they gave us a document and redirected to canada border. Here we waited for 3 hours and finally got my turn. The officer asked me about the transcripts. i handed it to him and saying that i am working full time and here are my payslips. Then immediately he asked how can you are working on student permit. I told him, i have applied my pgwp on 27th august then started working full time. Then he said my spouse about her job details. Thats it. He asked us to pay fee which is 340 per person and noted that if in case your work permit rejected, you will not get the money refunded. I said ok. Then immedialtly he took the biometrics of mine and my spouse and approved 3 years of work permit to both of us. Everything went smooth and officers are super friendly.
You are working full time with job NOC. You said your wife is supervisor, is she is on Owp or is she main applicant. I am bit confused. If you don’t mind can you clear it for me. Because I am also waiting for my SOWP.

kim hdez

Jul 16, 2012
Hey any update on your application?
oh my goodness, thank you for asking! I checked this am and nothing but now it changed to "application/profile updated" I sent a web form of my new passport that may be it but it's the most I've seen. I might just cry:)

Santhu7878

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
You are working full time with job NOC. You said your wife is supervisor, is she is on Owp or is she main applicant. I am bit confused. If you don’t mind can you clear it for me. Because I am also waiting for my SOWP.
Hi, i am working fulltime with NOC A job and my wife is already here on owp working on NOC B job. Now we went for my post grad and her owp extention. Also, I am main applicant came to canada on studies and she is on dependent owp.

Last edited: