+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
I did just got my approval todayy
Which country you applied from?
Cic says currently the timeline is 111 days. So yours took more than that.
I wonder should I tell my friend to contact cic
How to contact

gagansekhon

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
I submitted TRV application with the IMM 5754 approval letter together with a letter of explanation from my home country. My TRV was approved. But to be on the safe side, you should wait for the actual copy as they sent out the letter pretty fast. I was impatience and thought it might take awhile for the actual permit to reach my Canada address. PGWP approved on 16/9, paper submission of TRV on 18/9. And guess what, actual permit reached my Canada address on 19/9. LOL! As I was doing paper submission, there was no way for me to send additional information unlike online application. Thank God that the officer approved the TRV without request of the actual permit.
Hii there
Can you please tell me what kind of explanation letter you submitted with your application

suvin333

May 12, 2019
I saw this message under the final decision section, <October 17, 2019 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details> There were no email notifications. I just checked the CIC website this afternoon, and it was updated. I applied on June 24, the application was reviewed on Oct 16, and got approved on Oct 17.

Santhu7878

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Applied: June 25
Approved: Oct 17
There was no notification or email. I checked portal and I have received the notification.

I received my work permit despite my 7 week of unauthorized work. If anyone is in the same situation, send me a message.
I will help you walk through the process and what may be advisable.

Good luck to everyone else!
Hey need some suggestions on sowp. I have applied mine pgwp on august 27. Still its in process. But spouse owp visa will expire on nov 30. Can i apply for my spouse extension with my pgwp processing document and letter of explanation? Anyways it will take 3 months. In the mean while if my pgwp got approved, i will update the document in sowp profile. Is this fine? Becoz i dont leave her job by converting it into vistor visa.

jase3708

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-03-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
File Transfer...
30-05-2021
Med's Done....
03-03-2021
Passport Req..
12-06-2021
Hey need some suggestions on sowp. I have applied mine pgwp on august 27. Still its in process. But spouse owp visa will expire on nov 30. Can i apply for my spouse extension with my pgwp processing document and letter of explanation? Anyways it will take 3 months. In the mean while if my pgwp got approved, i will update the document in sowp profile. Is this fine? Becoz i dont leave her job by converting it into vistor visa.
I would love to help you but I am not familiar with spousal visas. I have never applied for one so I am not really able to give you an accurate advice to your situation. I would suggest that you call the CIC and ask them directly and based on my experience, in many situations where you think hiding an information may be considered "misrepresentation" or you think there is a high chance that CIC will find out, it's better to be honest and write on your LOE. But then again, this situation is really different from mine so you should definitely ask someone else who has experience with spousal visa.

Santhu7878

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
I would love to help you but I am not familiar with spousal visas. I have never applied for one so I am not really able to give you an accurate advice to your situation. I would suggest that you call the CIC and ask them directly and based on my experience, in many situations where you think hiding an information may be considered "misrepresentation" or you think there is a high chance that CIC will find out, it's better to be honest and write on your LOE. But then again, this situation is really different from mine so you should definitely ask someone else who has experience with spousal visa.
Thanks for your reply. Can i go for flagpole while my pgwp is in process? Do anyone have idea?

_rozario

Sep 25, 2019
Thanks for your reply. Can i go for flagpole while my pgwp is in process? Do anyone have idea?
I am in the same situation here. I applied on July 5 and my spouse's OWP expires Nov 1. I am still waiting for mine. We will wait till next week for my PGWP and if it does not arrive, we will go ahead and apply for my spouse's OWP extension as I am working with my implied status and we have to apply before their permit expires otherwise they won't get permission to work.

vtha0037

Oct 18, 2019
Applied: June 27
Reviewed: Oct 17
Approved: Oct 18

1+1 Program. Valid for 3 years

I don't see any approval letter (just like a submission confirmation) in messages. Just a document number and validity date etc. I know they will mail the physical copy within a week. Anybody?

Reactions: tinu28111987

badetsky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Online-Manila
App. Filed.......
20-05-2017
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
23-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2017
I just got approved too!

Applied: June 27
Review of Eligibility: October 17
Approved: October 18

To God be the glory!

Maleek0007

Star Member
May 17, 2019
I need some advice
AN AGENT WHO DID TOURIST VISA FOR ME WHICH WAS DENIED BECAUSE OF TRAVEL HISTORY AND TIES,FILLED THE FORM FOR ME AS A STUDENT WITHOUT ME KNOWING ABOUT IT UNTIL I RECEIVED MY CASE FILE,NOW THAT I AM APPLYING FOR STUDY PERMIT,WILL THE VO GO DEEP DOWN TO THE OLD APPLICATION TO SEE THAT?the agent was so careless,I never went to the school,I will appreciate an advice

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I need some advice
AN AGENT WHO DID TOURIST VISA FOR ME WHICH WAS DENIED BECAUSE OF TRAVEL HISTORY AND TIES,FILLED THE FORM FOR ME AS A STUDENT WITHOUT ME KNOWING ABOUT IT UNTIL I RECEIVED MY CASE FILE,NOW THAT I AM APPLYING FOR STUDY PERMIT,WILL THE VO GO DEEP DOWN TO THE OLD APPLICATION TO SEE THAT?the agent was so careless,I never went to the school,I will appreciate an advice
You are responsible for your application.
And please don't post on irrelevant threads.
The only way out is to explain to IRCC about it, first find out exactly what was submitted.