+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Gur05

Sep 23, 2019
Anyone applied on 3rd june or earlier and still waiting for update. Because I have applied on 3 june and still no updates.

uotgrad19

Sep 25, 2019
Hey guys, i applied on june 8th, got approved today! review of eligibility also started today.
No email, no notification - Just checked online in the tool.

Hang in there guys, it's coming!

Reactions: ErinB67

macg

Sep 22, 2019
Do you get a notification right after submitting a web form? Or do you have to wait for a few days? I mean, how do you know they got your request through web form? Thanks

Nighshade

Sep 22, 2019
Hey, i am in the same situation. I mentioned my account balance . I asked one of my friend who already applied for trv 2 months ago. But i also want to know the answer for current occupation as i am also not working and going backhome next mont
I am in the same boat. I mentioned the funds available in my account .
And I don’t know what to mention under current occupation like “not working” or previous occupation information
Hi thank for the help, even if its less than 1000, i can put it right? i don't think they will not ask for a bank statement right?

For the occupation, i will put "Unemployed", it fit and its the same that i put for my PGWP.

An for employment i put "Recent graduate and unemployed" too

also for question 7, immigration status is "worker" but for the date do i put the date of the PGWP for "from" or of my student permit?

For Question 4 about "name adress n relationship of any person or institution i will visit" can i put my name or...? What did you put at the end?

Last edited:

Nighshade

Sep 22, 2019
Do you get a notification right after submitting a web form? Or do you have to wait for a few days? I mean, how do you know they got your request through web form? Thanks
When i sent min, they didn't answer back but the change has been made and i received a email 1 week later. normally they take 48 hour if your application is late to be process, what was the reason of your web form?

Nighshade

Sep 22, 2019
How we can check in the tool is it in the submission mail.
When you log in in your CIC account, under "View the applications you submitted", check the status if no change i will say to always check the full application status and scroll down until you see the list "Details about your application status' it will say that they checking the eligibility or if it missing something or if final decision have been made. Sometime a final decision had been made and their program doesn't send a email until h day after.

Hina_

Sep 17, 2019
Hi everyone! This thread is keeping me sane while I have been counting days...
I am facing an issue right now because of the long processing times. I was planning a long trip in Australia for Oct- Jan and if I apply for TRV within Canada, I won't make it for half of my trip. Have any of you lodged the TRV outside of Canada after applying for PGWP inside Canada? Is that feasible?

And anyone doing TRV applications right now, how long is it taking?

Ajz

Aug 8, 2019
Guys I read that someone got rejected in PGWP and also from OCAD University. I am really worried as I also went to OCAD U and I was also Part-Time in my 3rd year (was missing only 1 course to be Full-Time because I took classes in the summer) as well as I had an Unscheduled break so I missed 1 semester and had to stay in my home country. I did send the Letter that explains my circumstances and all other required documents. I have been working in my field and before I went to Seneca College graduated from there but decided to continue and to a Degree. I applied on June 21 but has anyone been in a similar situation? Do you think there's still a chance I will get approved?