+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Kva

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Okay! But that's over 90 days. Isn't the processing time 93 day? I am sorry if I sound stupid, I am really new to all this :)
That's for applicants applied on or before Jan 17.. actual processing time is more for applicants after that date..

newgrad2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
That's for applicants applied on or before Jan 17.. actual processing time is more for applicants after that date..
Oh my God! More than 93 days! :-(
I applied last Friday, I just feel like hibernating for next three months.
They should really do something to lower than timeline. The wait game is killing! No company responds you unless you have valid WP. By the time one gets it, lesser opportunities are left.

theg

May 2, 2019
Wooow! I applied Jan 31, Been 91 days now still waiting. Anyone's predictions on when it might be ready?? Need to get it asap, in order to start working for new employer.

Last edited:

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019
Oh my God! More than 93 days! :-(
I applied last Friday, I just feel like hibernating for next three months.
They should really do something to lower than timeline. The wait game is killing! No company responds you unless you have valid WP. By the time one gets it, lesser opportunities are left.
You are eligible to work while waiting on your PGWP.

theg

May 2, 2019
You are eligible to work while waiting on your PGWP.
You are only allowed to work for the same employer while waiting for the PGWP, since you are under 'implied status', thats what i read from one of the replies on this forum.
My question is to people who have sin numbers expired but still waiting for PGWP, can you start working at new job even with expired SIN?

confusedsoul86

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Vancouver BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2021
Doc's Request.
Medical upfront
AOR Received.
19-05-2021
You are only allowed to work for the same employer while waiting for the PGWP, since you are under 'implied status', thats what i read from one of the replies on this forum.
My question is to people who have sin numbers expired but still waiting for PGWP, can you start working at new job even with expired SIN?
"My question is to people who have sin numbers expired but still waiting for PGWP, can you start working at new job even with expired SIN?" - Better not to, I spoke to employment services and they said that, that's a grey area and it MIGHT be a problem. There's no concrete answer that they give you. I'd suggest not because on an expired SIN, you're sort of working illegally but you can continue to work for an employer on an expired SIN, if you had started working for them when your SIN was active.

Das94

Apr 2, 2019
Is, there any chance for the processing time to go down? I feel so, because for the months feb to march, there are not much passouts, and less rush. What you guys say?

confusedsoul86

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Vancouver BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2021
Doc's Request.
Medical upfront
AOR Received.
19-05-2021
Is, there any chance for the processing time to go down? I feel so, because for the months feb to march, there are not much passouts, and less rush. What you guys say?
Lol, fingers crossed man! I have to start working by June 1st. I applied in the second week of Feb.

Jan_1983

Apr 3, 2019
Yes, everything works. Did all of it. Working for new employer on implied status & the last 2 weeks without valid sin. No problems at all.

To the other comment: why do you think companies don’t reply? Do you Write it on 1st Page of your cv that you’re on implied status or what?