+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Rm93

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
montreal
I just realized since IRCC have changed their requirements from 90 days to 180 days. They also changed the wording from

• You have a valid study permit when applying for the work permit.

to:

To be eligible, your study permit must have been valid at some point during these 180 days.

If i am not wrong, this means that even if your study permit expires you are eligible to apply. I know nobody would want to take any chance. But i thought it was good to know. Let me know what you think. This also means that if you PGWP gets refused for some reason, you are eligible to apply again with expired study permit?
Yes this the new rules since february
Especially that the processing time now is almost 90 days (83) so they give more chance for students

Sukhpreet97

Sep 20, 2017
Hello Guys, I forgot to attach my visa stamp picture with passport copy. Should it sent via web form or they will retrieve my info from my passport number?

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
guys, My friend got her PGWP today and she applied on JAN 7 here in Ontario. Her PGWP was approved last week online and today she received physical copy. December Applicants still Waiting?

Reactions: natzetgo

sanode

Star Member
May 3, 2017
guys, My friend got her PGWP today and she applied on JAN 7 here in Ontario. Her PGWP was approved last week online and today she received physical copy. December Applicants still Waiting?
Really? Wow! Congrats. I thought they are still processing Dec 13/14th applications

Jezucilla

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Yes, I applied on Dec 19th and I’m still waiting.

Gooni

Nov 1, 2018
I know its not the right forum. But i received a biometric confirmation letter today. However i submitted biometrics last time when i applied for trv but didn't get this letter rather got a refusal. I am so worried. Is this a positive sign?

sanode

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Yes, I applied on Dec 19th and I’m still waiting.
It is so confusing because a few who applied in Jan, received their pgwp. I guess they are lucky and the actual processing date must be around Dec14/15. Please do let us know, once you receive your pgwp. Thank you :)

Stressedgirl

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My sister got her work permit. We applied through a lawyer. Dec 13,2018 applicant. It is valid for 3 years. She called CIC and talked to an agent who told her. Her lawyer still doesn’t know as I am assuming he hasn’t gotten the email. I don’t know why it gets updated on gckey and then the automatic email comes 2-3 days later. Happened with me a couple of times.

sam06

Aug 7, 2017
here's a question:

I applied for my PGWP on January 24, 2019. My study permit expires on March 31, 2019 so does my SIN. I am working full time in my field of study from Feb. I was wondering that if my SIN expires (Very likely, looking at the processing time) , can I continue working until my application is in process? Jeez, This stuff is little scary.
I have looked at this already: (Should'nt be a problem, Looking at this)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1181&top=15

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
Hey I also want to get the answer for this issue.