+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

isohail

Mar 3, 2019
Once we get the PGWP, I know we have to work 1560 hours to apply for PR but are there are any restrictions other than job category 0, A or B? Do we have to work in our field of study? Do they even care? Because some people say only job category matters

Gooni

Nov 1, 2018
It is kind of strange, few of them who applied in Jan, 2019 have already received their pgwp but a few others who applied in Dec, 2018 are still waiting for their pgwp. Not sure how they are processing the application queue.
in my case, we had two applications my trv and my husband's pgwp. we were also surprised that my husband got his approval in just 55 days. is it related to two applications? may be they had to forward my application to the concerned department that's why they approved his app earlier?

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
here's a question:

I applied for my PGWP on January 24, 2019. My study permit expires on March 31, 2019 so does my SIN. I am working full time in my field of study from Feb. I was wondering that if my SIN expires (Very likely, looking at the processing time) , can I continue working until my application is in process? Jeez, This stuff is little scary.
I have looked at this already: (Should'nt be a problem, Looking at this)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1181&top=15

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Anuja Kar

Feb 25, 2019
Someone told me that if we complete two one year program, we are eligible to get 2 years work permit now.
Is it true ? please help me on this ?

natzetgo

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hey, did the rules for post graduate work permit change?? i heard thats its only 2 years work permit for 2 years study??

natzetgo

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
can someone send a link of cic website where they say this ??

natzetgo

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Just got my PGWP approval!
Applied on Dec.12, 2018,
Review of Eligibility on Mar. 4th, 2019
Approved on Mar. 5th, 2019.

It seems the processing time published on the CIC website is valid.
Good luck everyone.
how many years work permit did you get?

Rm93

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
montreal
here's a question:

I applied for my PGWP on January 24, 2019. My study permit expires on March 31, 2019 so does my SIN. I am working full time in my field of study from Feb. I was wondering that if my SIN expires (Very likely, looking at the processing time) , can I continue working until my application is in process? Jeez, This stuff is little scary.

just call the immigration and give them your UCI number they will check your situation

Jezucilla

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
here's a question:

I’m in the same situation!! Talk to your employer about it. They told me that they cannot process my paychecks without an active SIN, so I hope I get my permit soon!

sanode

Star Member
May 3, 2017
here's a question:

Me too, exactly same situation. But let us hope that they process quickly because a few of the jan applicants have received their pgwp.

Stressedgirl

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My sister got her PGWP. Applied 13 dec. approved. Ontario.
Don’t know much details since her lawyer hasn’t gotten back but she called CIC and that’s the only info they shared.

Reactions: Rm93 and Jezucilla

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
I just realized since IRCC have changed their requirements from 90 days to 180 days. They also changed the wording from

• You have a valid study permit when applying for the work permit.

to:

To be eligible, your study permit must have been valid at some point during these 180 days.

If i am not wrong, this means that even if your study permit expires you are eligible to apply. I know nobody would want to take any chance. But i thought it was good to know. Let me know what you think. This also means that if you PGWP gets refused for some reason, you are eligible to apply again with expired study permit?