+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

C1A

Sep 29, 2018
Do you mind me asking how the letter was addressed?? Was it to IRCC?
I think your salary should be included as well, hours of work to specify you are employed full time. Reapply ASAP.
I'm not employed full time at the moment - I'm on a contract - I'm looking for full time work now and I'll apply for my husband when (fingers crossed) I get a position. Thanks again for responding!

Ochenta8

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
15 -July-2020
Med's Done....
20-Sept-2020
Got my PGWP.

Apply; July 27
Review; Sept 28
Approved; Sept 28

3 years :)

Guys, good luck.

Reactions: IHOS2018 and C1A

eduardop

Aug 15, 2016
Thank you. Waiting is the hardest part. Hopefully, it is just a matter of time.
Have you provided payslips and letter from the employer for the spouse or just the main applicant?
I provided the payslips and the job contract for the spouse too, just in case :) But it was an extra information, I think it is not mandatory that for the spouse.

eduardop

Aug 15, 2016
Update - no news on my PGWP,

Thanks for your response - really appreciated.

So I provided the following letter with three pay slips:

"
CONFIRMATION OF EMPLOYMENT - C1A
This letter confirms that C1A is employed as an Environmental Scientist/Ecological Risk Assessor in the Vancouver office of XXXXXX (Canada) Ltd. C1A's work is categorized under NOC Code 2121 (Biologists and related scientist). As her position is a professional occupation requiring a university degree, it is categorized under NOC type A. . Ms. C1A has been employed at XXXXXXX (Canada) Ltd. while attending post graduate
studies since October 16, 2017.
Please contact the undersigned if you have any questions."

They rejected my spouse's open work permit with the following information:

"This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit. Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused. [X] After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents. As the spouse of a holder of a Post Graduate work permit, you have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B. You may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is a skilled worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled occupation, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada."
Hi, I am so sorry to read that your spouse got a refusal in this application. I would apply again but adding the following:
- a description of your duties in the job
- the number of hours per week
- salary
I think adding this information can help with the application

Iza1504

Aug 14, 2018
I provided the payslips and the job contract for the spouse too, just in case :) But it was an extra information, I think it is not mandatory that for the spouse.
Thank you
I have provided his T4 but didn't have his contract or a letter to submit at the time

Iza1504

Aug 14, 2018
Hi, I am so sorry to read that your spouse got a refusal in this application. I would apply again but adding the following:
- a description of your duties in the job
- the number of hours per week
- salary
I think adding this information can help with the application
I agree. Also, I suggest to check your noc job and list a similar description of your duties. It's beneficial to have them somehow related.
The requirement is to have a full-time position, which means a minimum of 30 hours per week.

C1A

Sep 29, 2018
In better news I had my PGWP approved -

Applied on 27th June,
Reviewed and Approved 1st of October,
valid for 3 years.

I'll get that additional information together and reapply for my husband.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

IHOS2018

Sep 30, 2018
In better news I had my PGWP approved -

Applied on 27th June,
Reviewed and Approved 1st of October,
valid for 3 years.

I'll get that additional information together and reapply for my husband.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
Congratulations ! No news on my PGWP yet, still waiting. My husband had to leave the Job, his employer is desperate and we will go for work permit through is employer...hopefully processing time will not be too long..

C1A

Sep 29, 2018
Congratulations ! No news on my PGWP yet, still waiting. My husband had to leave the Job, his employer is desperate and we will go for work permit through is employer...hopefully processing time will not be too long..
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. I know others received information this week - I hope you do too. It sounds like your husband's employer really likes your husband, so it sounds like if you do hear back when you should that things will be Ok. Crossing my fingers for you - I think you should hear by this week.

IHOS2018

Sep 30, 2018
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. I know others received information this week - I hope you do too. It sounds like your husband's employer really likes your husband, so it sounds like if you do hear back when you should that things will be Ok. Crossing my fingers for you - I think you should hear by this week.
I just checked my profile and I am approved ! No message I just see my status has change to approved and I see two documents, work permit + ETA

25.6.2018: PGWP + SOWP application
29.9.2018: SOWP for husband rejected
29.9.2018: Review of eligibility
1.10.2018: PGWP approved

So we have to sort out my husbands permit but now that I know his employer is gonna fight for him, Im not so worried.

jaanumanav

Oct 2, 2018
Hello Guys,

I am new member in this group, really appreciate if anyone can help me out & share your knowledge as I am struggling to get the correct information.

I am planning to come to Canada on a Student Visa, would like to get some information on below queries:

Basically I have applied for a Student Permit 2 Years Diploma, but my friends are suggesting me to go for 1 Year Diploma & then work for 1 Year and then apply for PR, but I want to know:

Option 1: After 1 Year Diploma & 1 Year Work Permit, I want to apply for PR, but then I wont be having the Visa Validity, or will the Immigration Extends my work permit ??? Or is there any way that I can still in Canada while applying for PR, like take another short course etc ???

Option 2: If I go for 2 Years Diploma, then I can get 3 Year Work Permit. So let say I apply for PR after 1 Year of Work Experience in Canada, I can apply for PR & then still my Visa Validity will be there for another 2 Years....

Please suggest me what is the best option ? I am so confused which course to take 2 Years or 1 Year ?

Gyus, could someone please share knowledge and advice me further, many thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Jahnavi

Liz C

Oct 11, 2016
Yeah, the ones who applied on July 26 got theirs processed already. So lucky ~

I guess it does depend on the processor too...
Just got approved!

Application submitted: 23 July
Approved online: 3 Oct

phew! something to be thankful for :)

~ All the best :D