+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Iza1504

Aug 14, 2018
Are they checking if the job offer is still valid? What if we change the job after the application was already submitted?

IHOS2018

Sep 30, 2018
I applied for a PGWP and my partner applied for a spouse open work permit on the 27th of June. No news yet.
I applied for PGWP June 25 with my husband - OWP. He got refused Sept.29 - yesterday. My application is still reviewed so Im waiting for a decision maybe tmrw.
Are you in Chttwn ?

C1A

Sep 29, 2018
Update - no news on my PGWP,
Did you apply with a valid job offer for your spouse? Or does your spouse work in NOC A B 0, if not I suggest you do something about it, because they refused most permits for spouses without job offer from primary applicant
Thanks for your response - really appreciated.

So I provided the following letter with three pay slips:

"
CONFIRMATION OF EMPLOYMENT - C1A
This letter confirms that C1A is employed as an Environmental Scientist/Ecological Risk Assessor in the Vancouver office of XXXXXX (Canada) Ltd. C1A's work is categorized under NOC Code 2121 (Biologists and related scientist). As her position is a professional occupation requiring a university degree, it is categorized under NOC type A. . Ms. C1A has been employed at XXXXXXX (Canada) Ltd. while attending post graduate
studies since October 16, 2017.
Please contact the undersigned if you have any questions."

They rejected my spouse's open work permit with the following information:

"This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit. Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused. [X] After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents. As the spouse of a holder of a Post Graduate work permit, you have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B. You may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is a skilled worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled occupation, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada."

C1A

Sep 29, 2018
I applied for PGWP June 25 with my husband - OWP. He got refused Sept.29 - yesterday. My application is still reviewed so Im waiting for a decision maybe tmrw.
Are you in Chttwn ?
I'm so sorry to hear that. My husband's application was rejected yesterday too. This is so stressful. I hope you get some good news tomorrow (I haven't heard about my application either).

IHOS2018

Sep 30, 2018
I'm so sorry to hear that. My husband's application was rejected yesterday too. This is so stressful. I hope you get some good news tomorrow (I haven't heard about my application either).
It is very stressful, I am so tired of this that sometimes I just want to go home... Hopefully mine will be approved, I dont see the reason it should not be. My husband’s app was refused because he did not provide Job offer letter from my employer. If I get approved we will try to restore his status and reapply. If I get refused, we are going home as we cannot live here without work.

C1A

Sep 29, 2018
It is very stressful, I am so tired of this that sometimes I just want to go home... Hopefully mine will be approved, I dont see the reason it should not be. My husband’s app was refused because he did not provide Job offer letter from my employer. If I get approved we will try to restore his status and reapply. If I get refused, we are going home as we cannot live here without work.
Crossing my fingers for you - let's hope for some good news tomorrow :)

KateBkate

Jun 30, 2018
We applied together with my husband. My PGWP was approved and my husband’s refused because he didn’t provide my LoE and my Work permit.

My husband had 2 days before his temporary residence status expired and I still received no work permit in my mail. It was extremely stressful time for us both.

So we came to the decision to go to the border and explained our situation. As a result, they issued me my paper copy work permit and made a work permit for my husband (he flagpoled and provided my PGWP and a letter of employment). We were so much thankful to helpful officers there.

Iza1504

Aug 14, 2018
Can anyone help me...
I applied for my pgwp and my spouse owp. I have submitted a letter confirming my job in noc b, and 3 payslips.
But I did not submit a letter confirming a job for my spouse, and I haven't sent his payslips.
Can you confirm if this was necessary?

KateBkate

Jun 30, 2018
Can anyone help me...
I applied for my pgwp and my spouse owp. I have submitted a letter confirming my job in noc b, and 3 payslips.
But I did not submit a letter confirming a job for my spouse, and I haven't sent his payslips.
I don’t know exactly , but as a spouse of PGWP holder, he could apply from outside Canada and simply have no job yet.

How about sending these documents through the Web Form?

KateBkate

Jun 30, 2018
Can anyone help me...
According to the website , his/her job and payslips are not required. Only yours.

Osamede

Aug 29, 2018
Update - no news on my PGWP,

Thanks for your response - really appreciated.

So I provided the following letter with three pay slips:

"
CONFIRMATION OF EMPLOYMENT - C1A
This letter confirms that C1A is employed as an Environmental Scientist/Ecological Risk Assessor in the Vancouver office of XXXXXX (Canada) Ltd. C1A's work is categorized under NOC Code 2121 (Biologists and related scientist). As her position is a professional occupation requiring a university degree, it is categorized under NOC type A. . Ms. C1A has been employed at XXXXXXX (Canada) Ltd. while attending post graduate
studies since October 16, 2017.
Please contact the undersigned if you have any questions."

They rejected my spouse's open work permit with the following information:

"This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit. Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused. [X] After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents. As the spouse of a holder of a Post Graduate work permit, you have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B. You may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is a skilled worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled occupation, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada."
What could have gone wrong? This letter confirms that you work in the required category, I don’t know why ircc is tryiny separate spouse’s. Did anyone recently get approval for spouse? It will be nice if they can share.

Osamede

Aug 29, 2018
I reapplied July 4, and my old WP was until July 30. So I did not lose my status.
Same documents (letter from employer (position, salary, duties+NOC), 2 paystubs (and I send one more paystub with Web Form), job contract, spouse PGWP, and kid SP), only add additional information in the main form about refusal + letter of explanation.
Hi, sorry to bother you again. Can you please share the format in which the letter was drafted and who it was addressed to?

C1A

Sep 29, 2018
What could have gone wrong? This letter confirms that you work in the required category, I don’t know why ircc is tryiny separate spouse’s. Did anyone recently get approval for spouse? It will be nice if they can share.
I don't know why they rejected my husband. I thought I'd done everything I needed to, but I guess they want job details (e.g. researching toxic chemicals), not just 'scientist'. Sigh.

Osamede

Aug 29, 2018
I don't know why they rejected my husband. I thought I'd done everything I needed to, but I guess they want job details (e.g. researching toxic chemicals), not just 'scientist'. Sigh.
Do you mind me asking how the letter was addressed?? Was it to IRCC?
I think your salary should be included as well, hours of work to specify you are employed full time. Reapply ASAP.