+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Redwan2013

Oct 4, 2018
Hi guys. I have applied for PGWP on May 17, 2018. Still no update. I have used case specific inquiry and also called CIC, however I did not get any satisfactory answers. My study permit will expire on 31st December, 2018 and I am currently working full time. In last 5 years in Canada I did not break any study permit conditions or any other rules. I am concerned why it is taking so long.

Should I still wait or get a lawyer? Thanks!

eduardop

Aug 15, 2016
Hi guys. I have applied for PGWP on May 17, 2018. Still no update. I have used case specific inquiry and also called CIC, however I did not get any satisfactory answers. My study permit will expire on 31st December, 2018 and I am currently working full time. In last 5 years in Canada I did not break any study permit conditions or any other rules. I am concerned why it is taking so long.

Should I still wait or get a lawyer? Thanks!
Did you apply online or paper? Is it a family application (spouse, kids) or only for your PGWP? If it is the "regular" case applying online and only your PGWP, I would say it is a huge delay, but I am not sure what you could do since you already tried the form and also calling...

Redwan2013

Oct 4, 2018
Did you apply online or paper? Is it a family application (spouse, kids) or only for your PGWP? If it is the "regular" case applying online and only your PGWP, I would say it is a huge delay, but I am not sure what you could do since you already tried the form and also calling...

I applied online and it is only for myself.

Iza1504

Aug 14, 2018
It doesn't any make sense. Your visa will expire in December 2018 and you applied in May 2018? That soon? When did you graduate?
I had the same. Originally my 2-year program should end in December (with both summers off), eventually, my shool decided to go without any semester off. Graduated in April, with a visa being valid until January following year

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hello Guys,

I am new member in this group, really appreciate if anyone can help me out & share your knowledge as I am struggling to get the correct information.

I am planning to come to Canada on a Student Visa, would like to get some information on below queries:

Basically I have applied for a Student Permit 2 Years Diploma, but my friends are suggesting me to go for 1 Year Diploma & then work for 1 Year and then apply for PR, but I want to know:

Option 1: After 1 Year Diploma & 1 Year Work Permit, I want to apply for PR, but then I wont be having the Visa Validity, or will the Immigration Extends my work permit ??? Or is there any way that I can still in Canada while applying for PR, like take another short course etc ???

Option 2: If I go for 2 Years Diploma, then I can get 3 Year Work Permit. So let say I apply for PR after 1 Year of Work Experience in Canada, I can apply for PR & then still my Visa Validity will be there for another 2 Years....

Please suggest me what is the best option ? I am so confused which course to take 2 Years or 1 Year ?

Gyus, could someone please share knowledge and advice me further, many thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Jahnavi
Your friends have given bad advice. Take the 2 years (has to be a public school and full time course) and qualify for the 3 year PGWP. If you only take a one year course, iyou would have to get a job right away to get 1 years work experience.

liacardenaz

Mar 23, 2018
I had the same. Originally my 2-year program should end in December (with both summers off), eventually, my shool decided to go without any semester off. Graduated in April, with a visa being valid until January following year
Oh, good. I was thinking maybe his problem was applying too soon, but it makes sense. Thanks for the explanation! :)

Reactions: Iza1504

Redwan2013

Oct 4, 2018
It doesn't any make sense. Your visa will expire in December 2018 and you applied in May 2018? That soon? When did you graduate?
Upon receiving graduation confirmation letter from my university (University of Toronto) in May, 2018 I applied for the PGWP. I already found a job and to legally start working right after receiving the letter, I need to have PGWP application in progress and therefore I applied right away. My SP was extended to December ,2018 when I requested for SP extension. Should I still wait or go for a lawyer? I did not try flagpoling as my TRV is already expired.

liacardenaz

Mar 23, 2018
Upon receiving graduation confirmation letter from my university (University of Toronto) in May, 2018 I applied for the PGWP. I already found a job and to legally start working right after receiving the letter, I need to have PGWP application in progress and therefore I applied right away. My SP was extended to December ,2018 when I requested for SP extension. Should I still wait or go for a lawyer? I did not try flagpoling as my TRV is already expired.
I don't know about a lawyer, but I think your process is taking way much longer than it should.
Did you try calling them? Explain that you sent a request online and you didn't understand the answer. Maybe they can explain better to you what is going on.
Here is the telephone number: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

devikaroland

Aug 21, 2018
Edmonton, AB, CA
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-02-2019
Nomination.....
12-04-2019
AOR Received.
10-05-2019
Hi anyone spouse work permit was refused . did you reapply , can you please let me know how long the process took. or if you still waiting .

Thanks

devikaroland

Aug 21, 2018
Edmonton, AB, CA
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-02-2019
Nomination.....
12-04-2019
AOR Received.
10-05-2019
Appiled : May 17
PGWP 3 year, SP for the kid - APPROVED today June 28
WP for a spouse - refuse. There are no duties in the offer from the employer (our mistake, we did not notice that this is the basic information for determining NOC). Refusal letter contains information that I can re-apply with the letter from employer.
I will extend a visitor status, and apply again for WP with the letter from employer.
Hi did you reapply for spouse how long did it take .

Redwan2013

Oct 4, 2018
I don't know about a lawyer, but I think your process is taking way much longer than it should.
Did you try calling them? Explain that you sent a request online and you didn't understand the answer. Maybe they can explain better to you what is going on.
Here is the telephone number: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

Last time when I called them, they could not answer why it was taking too long and gave a general answer saying my application was in progress. Same for the case specific inquiries.

eduardop

Aug 15, 2016
Is anyone waiting for the pgwp (principal applicant + owp spouse) more than 100 days? I've just noticed that today is my 100th waiting day anniversary. I was thinking to keep a good mood and celebrate it :D

Reactions: Rajesh2018

Rajesh2018

Aug 8, 2018
Is anyone waiting for the pgwp (principal applicant + owp spouse) more than 100 days? I've just noticed that today is my 100th waiting day anniversary. I was thinking to keep a good mood and celebrate it :D
Hi!
I am almost on the same boat applied (13 July), there have been no updates. Friends that I know applied 2 weeks after me have received their permits. It's frustrating, but as you said I also try to keep my self-calm. No choice.

Reactions: eduardop